RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

ATTENTION - slight change of plan

10 months ago

Problem; Ashwin had to drop out and wanted to second his team to dbecks07 but he hasnt posted in here despite PMs and despite being online :(
Also Marcus is in the same category :(

Also Lefty hasnt been on for a couple of days, although I am sure he will want to play going forward, so only 7 of 10 teams actually made any sealed bids. This will lead to a big unbalance in squads which I am keen to avoid....

As we have aready had a draft round for 10 managers I dont want to have to start again so here is what I propose to do.

We will proceed with 10 teams for now. I will make some proxy signings for the 3 absentee managers. I will NOT counterbid anyone you have already bid for and your signings are safe if you were successful in the Sealed Bids. I will make 6 sealed bid signings for each team so that they all have 10 players (the hope being that the missing managers MAY be around for the top-ups tomorrow). I will use a standard bid of £13m for each of the 6 players, so that each manager will have a small transferkitty left over. However, as a penalty, any of these players sold to the bank will just get £2m back instead of the usual 3/4 of purchase price.

If necessary I will also do topups for these teams, but only after the other managers have ALL had their chosen topup players allocated.

I fully expect that ashton (lefty) will be bak to resume duties with his team idc, however if the other 2 teams remain "unmanaged" by the 1st transfer window, I will scrap one team and continue with the other in a caretaker capacity as a "Barbarians-type" team. I will soft manage the team but I will not be involved in any bidding wars and will only replace injured/sold players from top-up pools for £2m a time. if by some fluke the proxy team is doing too well, I will sell some star players to the bank. The proxy team will not compete in the cup.

Hopefully by CoP tonight I will be able to announce the sealed bid outcomes and that most of you will have a nearly complete squad.

REMINDER: Top ups to be PMd to me in preference order (£2m each) by 7pm Friday. Thanks for your patience.

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Re: ATTENTION - slight change of plan

10 months ago

Just a warning 7pm tomorrow might be quite tight for the guys at work but I will try my best (probs do it early morning)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

10 months ago

well the United match is at 8!

Can stretch it to 7.30 or whatever I think is reasonable . I wont be back from work before 7 either :P

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

10 months ago

Thanks Ste. All sounds good to me.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

10 months ago

That's a lot of info to process after a long day at work but all I can say is I don't think it's fair if any of the managers who are awol get another chance at sealed bids
100% Top Red

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

10 months ago

I think middle ground, they get an extension but can't outbid anyone who submitted on time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

10 months ago

Thats what I said (maybe Ste misread it). Any of the orig 7 managers who won their orig sealed bid cannot now be outbid.

Am just awaiting the Clyne-affair to resolve itself (v soon I hope) then I can post the list ofeveryones squads to date

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

10 months ago

In fact, to clarify further, as I will be making the proxy bids I will specifically avoid players that have aready been successfully bid for..

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

10 months ago

Thanks for doing this Ste, can imagine annoying it is trying to run a comp and people pulling out
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

10 months ago

Are we not doing an auction? I don't really have time to make more sealed bids
100% Top Red

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

10 months ago

It's not sealed bids, it's just a list of players that you will get at 2mill, a bit like another draft

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee
Call Me: Rumpole

10 months ago

I'm such an idiot
LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

10 months ago

It's not sealed bids, it's just a list of players that you will get at 2mill, a bit like another draft
Same thing really. I don't have time to do that today
100% Top Red

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

10 months ago

Just send Ste a list of players. It's not that hard.

Harry Arter. There you go, I'll give you that for free.

Dante
Referee
Referee

10 months ago

List of taken players is now updated to include all players in sealed bid round, so this is an easy way to check if a player has already gone, so you don't waste time bidding on Erikson, Dan.

If you aren't sure what you need to do this round, just send Ste a list of names that aren't on that list, in order of preference.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

10 months ago

I'm just leaving work in 10 mins so by the time I get home it will be 7 so probs won't get a chance to update it so take it as it is Ste.....

Return to “Ste's Amazing Fantasy Football Game”