Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Next season

Sun Jun 25, 2017 1:23 pm

When are we looking to start getting things ready for next seasons game then Ste?

I'll look to provide some additional stats to the weekly table this year, and am gauging interest in a weekly write up as well. Would people want to read such a thing?

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Next season

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:13 am

Is this going ahead this year? Do we have enough regular posters who want to play?
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:21 am

Though not contributing on a regular basis I visit the lounge frequently and would like to take part in next season's challenge. But let me take knowledge of the rules first as I've never played FF in my time. Lots of pals play similar games online but I somehow never managed to get familiar to this stuff.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:35 pm

Though not contributing on a regular basis I visit the lounge frequently and would like to take part in next season's challenge. But let me take knowledge of the rules first as I've never played FF in my time. Lots of pals play similar games online but I somehow never managed to get familiar to this stuff.
There's a lot of rules but this is unlike any other ff game I've seen. The major improvement here compared to any other is each player you have is unique to you ie no one else will have any players you have. It makes it all the more exciting when one of your players has a blinder and wins you points when you know no one else will get points for that player
100% Top Red

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:38 pm

Well said Ste. Hopefully you will turn up at least for the transfer windows next season - you might have won the title with a bit of tweaking to your original squad which I seemed to remember tipping for success at the start ofthe season :P
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:41 pm

When are we looking to start getting things ready for next seasons game then Ste?

I'll look to provide some additional stats to the weekly table this year, and am gauging interest in a weekly write up as well. Would people want to read such a thing?
As we'restill in June , Im parking this for at least 2-3 weeks yet :P

However if anyone has any suggestions for changes, Im all ears.

What stats did you have in mind mate? I could always add stats but I didnt thuink the interest (lack of) merited it.

I remember Matt said he was going to look at "computerising" the game (for want of a better phrase), so that everything calculated itself and then I could play too, but since Ray came back Matt's in self-imposed coventry :(

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:42 pm

Max - dont worry about the rules, so long as you understand the basic principles (i.e. you "own" a squad of players who score points for YOU based on THEIR performances for their PL teams), I will talk you through anything you dont understand (Y)

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:05 am

Thanks Red, that would help me as well
Bring Back Becks Image

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:36 pm

I'll start a new thread for people to express an interest in playing,soI can get an early idea of numbers

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:19 pm

What stats did you have in mind mate? I could always add stats but I didnt thuink the interest (lack of) merited it.

Well, I was looking at doing it as part of the write up, so things like highest scoring player of the week, any consecutive events, landmarks being hit things like that.

Return to “Ste's Amazing Fantasy Football Game”