Ajax in the Europa League Final.
Wednesday 24th May 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Re: as the end of the season approaches what's next

1 week ago

Young 15(8) 31 Gone – At his best he is a journeyman and fits a role, but there are better players available to fill that role.
I agree and disagree with a few points you've made but to call Young a journeyman is really harsh. Nearly 500 professional appearances for a grand total of 3 teams and he's a journeyman? Right now he's a squad player at best but I still feel he should have been used a bit more over darmian at times this season.

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 week ago

Young 15(8) 31 Gone – At his best he is a journeyman and fits a role, but there are better players available to fill that role.
I agree and disagree with a few points you've made but to call Young a journeyman is really harsh. Nearly 500 professional appearances for a grand total of 3 teams and he's a journeyman? Right now he's a squad player at best but I still feel he should have been used a bit more over darmian at times this season.
When I use the term journeyman I am not referring to the number of clubs he has played for, instead I think of him as a very decent professional player. Never the "goto" guy but as you said a squad player who usually can be counted on for a shift or two. I would not be too upset if he was around for another season because there are other priorities.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

1 week ago

Guilem Balague has tweeted that James to United for 70m euros is a done deal... would be unusual for him to stick his neck out so boldly like that..
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

6 days ago

James does look like a United type of player.
He can't get into the Real Madrid team so they would probably be happy to sell him for a lot less than they paid for him
He can even be used as a hook for a proven top quality in DDG who is probably only one of only two or three we have left
James plays in a shirt selling position and United can be "proud to announce" they have signed a £80 million Galatico
What they will have signed is a £45 million player who has not fulfilled his promise and is probably happy to move on
He is actually at a crossroads rather than a proven world class target that we really need
Forum members like Giants shows he is ready and waiting with his todger and happy to buy into this player who doesn't appear to be wanted by any top club, so wait for the big news story

So the big question is,
Will the all important Chinese market buy into another manyana and buy his shirts?
Marcus?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

6 days ago

I always have some trepidation about player who's best showing of their career is at a tourement, WC or Euros etc. In the lead up to Brazil James looked like he was the next big superstar and Real Madrid being in the market for him looked to confirm that. For whatever reason he just hasn't progressed at RM, they have a few that fit that category, and now they want to move him on for top dollar based on potential disguised as greatness. Maybe all he needs is a fresh environment but we would not be buying a proven player,especially in the premier league, and I do not next season is a good time to be taking too many chances.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

6 days ago

He's an attacker who has shown his willingness to track back and help defend so from that perspective he'd be the type of player that Mourinho likes.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Giants14
International Player
International Player

4 days ago

Throw whatever money is needed for Harry Kane. That guy is unreal. 100m
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

4 days ago

I don't follow Spanish football too closely, but James hasn't seemed to set the world alight in Madrid. I don't understand how a team can massively overpay for a player, then they don't perform at that level, but the money being talked about is pretty similar to what Real paid. If he is available for about a third of what Madrid paid I would take him, otherwise not at all.
"Make America Great Again!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

4 days ago

Throw whatever money is needed for Harry Kane. That guy is unreal. 100m
Why would Spurs sell him to us? Why would he leave Spurs to join us? :think:
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Giants14
International Player
International Player

19 hours ago

They wont and he'll not but we are a bigger club than them
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

17 hours ago

I don't follow Spanish football too closely, but James hasn't seemed to set the world alight in Madrid. I don't understand how a team can massively overpay for a player, then they don't perform at that level, but the money being talked about is pretty similar to what Real paid. If he is available for about a third of what Madrid paid I would take him, otherwise not at all.
Yeah, I dont see why we should be paying the same price. He came from a good WC for that price but hasnt lived up to that.
Bring Back Becks Image

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”