Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: The Ronaldo thread of speculation

Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:46 am

robertbrian23 wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:45 am
Ronaldo is not our top priority signing since we need more reinforcements on the positions we really lack of. I agree, go for the summer targets Mou had gave to Woodward. And if Ronaldo is available, which I think he isn't. He just need a pay raise again.

If the rumor is true, 150m is too much for an aging superstar. We can get better investment with that amount on player(s) that are younger and high potential and also marketable.
I agree on this! We should get youth players + serviceable veterans that can guide them to become the best team for next season's Premiership and UCL.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:39 am

Sandies wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:22 am
Imagine not wanting Ronaldo. Id argue someone who is the best player in the world and arguably all time will help us in the short and long term because it'll allow other younger areas to develop. Our centre backs are 22 and 23 and cost combined as much as John Stones. Whats the harm in letting them develop.

Its not like we haven't invested in other areas, and there is no way in hell Jose would abandon his midfield targets because of Ronaldo.

The only issue there is no hope in hell that we're getting him. IF he was to leave Real, he would come here, but we've been played before and we'll be played again. Ronaldo was looking for a public backing from Madrid, and he just got that
What public backing? I haven't seen anything like that.
"Make America Great Again!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 am

I don't think he wants public backing I think he wants them to pay his tax bill
100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu Jun 22, 2017 2:45 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:10 am
I don't think he wants public backing I think he wants them to pay his tax bill
(Y) Dead on.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:49 pm

We can pay his tax bill

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:40 am

Relly wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:04 pm
dbecks07 wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:49 pm
You making out as though Ronaldo stops team building, youth development and any type pf spending.

Firstly, any side would grab the current player of year as a pure upgrade to any team consisting of any players.

Madrid built an awesome team with Ronaldo as the head figure - spending plenty. Take him out and they have a team of players who can create for any other striker with a decent finish. They will suffer loosing such an influential player like Ronaldo as would nay team - and which eludes to my first point of any team benefiting from him

Lots of youth came through when Ronaldo was there as well
That's Real though. If the English government was backing United's spending and we were able to buy freely than United would do the same. Unfortunately United always look to be doing as little net spending as possible, in terms of fees and wages. If we buy Ronaldo and pay him what he wants he will destroy the budget for any other players.
I hear ya..

How much do you think he will want? Do we not we have a structure where some get paid more than others depending on who they player is?
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 pm
Mourinho should act as if Ronaldo isn't coming and buy accordingly, if Ronaldo does become available then Woodward find the money.
I am sure Jose is very happy to receive instructions as to how he should act towards Ronaldo but i think he is more than capable of making his own judgements

I am aware that is is only a speculation thread,having had that pointed out clearly to me but the bad news is that as far as i am aware Jose is not a member on this forum
As such he has a few things in his favour that this forum does not have
The first is that Jose is aware whether he even wants to consider Ronaldo,even if he was available AND wanted for some reason to return to Manchester,which was the city and the club he demanded to leave
That despite some on this forum refusal to accept that fact
The second is that Jose will be aware,on the assumption he talks to Ed whether the club would want him back,at the price being speculated on

You can drive yourself mad with speculation can't you.But it's fun for some

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:14 pm

redmaria wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 pm
Mourinho should act as if Ronaldo isn't coming and buy accordingly, if Ronaldo does become available then Woodward find the money.
I am sure Jose is very happy to receive instructions as to how he should act towards Ronaldo but i think he is more than capable of making his own judgements

I am aware that is is only a speculation thread,having had that pointed out clearly to me but the bad news is that as far as i am aware Jose is not a member on this forum
As such he has a few things in his favour that this forum does not have
The first is that Jose is aware whether he even wants to consider Ronaldo,even if he was available AND wanted for some reason to return to Manchester,which was the city and the club he demanded to leave
That despite some on this forum refusal to accept that fact
The second is that Jose will be aware,on the assumption he talks to Ed whether the club would want him back,at the price being speculated on

You can drive yourself mad with speculation can't you.But it's fun for some
Even with your comments I am yot sure if you picked up on the speculation part.

Although
redmaria wrote:
that's speculation.

If you do not have fun in this thread don't enter.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:16 pm

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:40 pm

Would love it if it happens but it won' t happen ..
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:35 pm

Have we stopped being idiots and speculating on this transfer?
Has reality hit home or did we all just get bored?

maybe regurgitate the Robben speculation theory thread

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:45 pm

Can the Wesley Sneijder rumor be far behind?

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:28 pm

What about Torres?
100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:20 pm

One of the Youtube sites is keeping track of the players we are being associated with - so far 48. it's still early in the transfer window.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:34 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
One of the Youtube sites is keeping track of the players we are being associated with - so far 48. it's still early in the transfer window.
It might well be still early in the transfer window but it's already past the time when next season should be sorted
That's why Jose gave Ed the list in March
The season ended in May and all the top teams did their priority business then
Then again United realistically can no longer be considered a top football club
We are now Liverpool and probably starting to pass them on the way down

There is no point in taking anybody at the end of August and getting them settled in by the end of September when the season is 8-10 games in

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 8:45 am

GARETH BALE has fuelled speculation surrounding Cristiano Ronaldo’s Real Madrid career by appearing to do a 50/50 hand gesture when asked about his future.

The 32-year-old could be set for a shocking exit from La Liga this summer as he has been left outraged after being accused of defrauding the Spanish authorities of £13million.

Speaking at a golf charity event at Celtic Manor, the Welsh wizard refused to comment on rumours linking Ron with a move away from the Bernabeu.

A reporter asked Bale: “And Cristiano, is he going to be there next season with you?”

The 27-year-old raised his left hand as if to gesture he is unsure if the former Manchester United star will remain his team-mate after the transfer window.

Then replied with “Sorry we’ve got to go,” before he sped off in a golf buggy.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:01 pm

redmaria wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:34 am
ArizonaRed wrote:
It might well be still early in the transfer window but it's already past the time when next season should be sorted
That's why Jose gave Ed the list in March
The season ended in May and all the top teams did their priority business then
Then again United realistically can no longer be considered a top football club
We are now Liverpool and probably starting to pass them on the way down

There is no point in taking anybody at the end of August and getting them settled in by the end of September when the season is 8-10 games in
I agree with you that it is much better to get transfers done earlier rather than later and Mourinho had his requirement ready way ahead of season ending, that put responsibility for any lack of signing directly in Woodward's lap. However I do not believe that the BIG clubs have done their "priority business" yet. As far as I know Spurs haven't signed anyone, neither have Chelsea, while City have spent £78M on three players while unloading 10 player and ~£20 from their payrole (not counting player on loan they cannot get rid of) and LFC despite a great deal of fanfare and noise have only brought in Mohamed Salah – Roma for ~£37M.

You have once again reiterated that we are not a "top football club" and the LFC is probably a better club than us, that's your opinion you are entitled to it but saying it over and over again doesn't make it right or true. Since Mourinho's first season in the premier league the game changed, no longer could a team get off to a poor start and expect to catch the opposition and win the league. Instead team need to get off to a fast start and have the other team playing catch up. While I would really liked to have most of our critical business done by now, rather than waiting until August, didn't v. Persie arrive in mid August?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:52 pm

Your analogy is correct on the transfers however there is an entirely different set of conditions
1 Chelsea-As champions and having played a significantly more exciting style of football than we can dream of they only needed tweaking
I believe Chelsea will sign Rudiger today
On top of that Costa looks like he is staying
I feel very very sure that should somebody of the quality of Bale become available they will be in for them

2 Manchester City
Again a team that is technically head and shoulders above us with players of the quality of Silva,de Bruyne,Aquerro etc
They made mistakes last year such as the goalkeeper and their answer was to clear the mistakes and shit out and replace where necessary
Both City and Chelsea have enough coming through the youths(they regularly contest the youth cup final) to be able to say they are only in for top top players now

3 Spurs
They are building a new stadium and cash is tight
Levy will sell a few to help pay for the stadium
He is doing a balancing act between finance and football
He recognises,i believe,that Spurs would do well to win the title AND to attract top top players
He is happy for a top 4 place and back into the Champions league.
Especially with having to play at Wembley

4,5 and 6
Arsenal,Liverpool and us
All American owned
All full of noise and shit and proud to announce etc but the bottom line is more important than the league table
As such the managers are under scrutiny.Ask Wenger and Klopp
All talking the same shit about dissappointed with the results and in the case of Klopp and probably Wenger a bad season will do them in with the fans
The good news is that in all 3 cases no matter what happens the CEO is safe

You say you would like to have the critical business done by now
I bet you've been saying that for the last 5 years if you are being honest
I have
But the reality is this year is more critical than ever
A team that played poor football most of last year and has shed 5 players(Schneiderlin.Depay,Schweinsteiger,Zlatan and now probably wazza) and has not replaced one of them can regard itself as poorer
Even the one signing we made has not filled those 5 theoretical first team positions.He is plugging another long overdue gap

Saying Liverpool are better than us often does indeed not make it true but league positions make it true
There is not much between the clubs on the pitch but they did finish above us
And i can say that over and over

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:41 pm

Chelsea this season will be interesting. They had no European football last year whilst all their rivals did, so the question is how will they cope with that this season?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:39 am

Dante wrote:
Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:41 pm
Chelsea this season will be interesting. They had no European football last year whilst all their rivals did, so the question is how will they cope with that this season?
Not that i'm losing any sleep on how Chelsea do but with starting this season 8 games better than us last season and now signing Rudiger and almost certainly Bakayoko i think they have probably moved tp 9 to 10 games better than us currently
With Scouse Ed coppering up with his bid for Persic it looks like we might be proud to announce a few players that nobody else wants,yet again or yer another old fart
Presumably Lukaku will get the number 10 jersey and they will hold open the number 9 for the shirt selling return of Zlatan the great in January
That just leaves a shirt selling number 7 to fill to pay for himself and i suspect we will be done

Not a bad league cup squad but not close to City who continue to strengthen with a top quality full back today in Kyle Walker

The league already looks gone between Chelsea and City who appear to me to have wasted their money on players who will improve the team

Silly sods
There are shirts to be sold and pre season friendlies to get £5m a game out of

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:19 am

I wonder if you would be spinning a shirt selling post had we signed Rudiger or Bakayoko
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:45 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:19 am
I wonder if you would be spinning a shirt selling post had we signed Rudiger or Bakayoko
i wonder that as well

They must not have passed the commercial test :laugh: :laugh:

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:08 am

We have never thought about it because he is such an important player for his club, of great economic power. We have not been able to find a reason that could have made us think that Ronaldo could leave.

"I am not a defender in my club once you waste time on players who are mission impossible."
Jose on Ronaldo's speculation
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:01 pm

I cringe every time I see this thread has been active
"Make America Great Again!"

redmaria
First Team Player