TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

New transfer speculation

1 year ago

I found a couple other stories regarding moves that could be made, first of an Armenian from Dortmund (can't spell his name): http://wearehooligans.com/2016/06/19/ma ... dium=email

The second is for a young guy, Breel Embolo. He's a young Swiss player and sounds like he could be a huge addition to the U21 team and then a future star: http://wearehooligans.com/2016/06/19/ma ... dium=email

What do you all think?

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Re: New transfer speculation

1 year ago

Just paper talk. That's what I think. The former isn't quite United class and the latter would come a rashford too late. I can't imagine Mourinho playing to the tune of player's agents because all these media campaigns are generated by them.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Embolo hasn't impressed me in the Euro's - seems pacy but has struggled in the tournament - poor first touch at times as well.

Its hard to judge players in a tournament like this to be fair
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 year ago

Just paper talk. That's what I think. The former isn't quite United class and the latter would come a rashford too late. I can't imagine Mourinho playing to the tune of player's agents because all these media campaigns are generated by them.
Its not just paper talk with Mkhitaryan. His agent said flat out, United have offered 24 mil, Henrik is dying to go because United is his dream club, but Dortmund don't want to let him leave. Sounds like something that will eventually happen.

Funny Dortmund really dig their heals in when teams want their players, except Bayern, they just seem to bend over when Bayern wants their best player every season.
"Make America Great Again!"

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

We can just bide our time with him.....if Mkhitaryan wants to join us that bad we can play about with Dortmund regarding the transfer fee.

It sounds as if Dortmund want 40m Euro but we are only offering 30m - the guy is on his last year of his contract - I hope we dig our heels in and don't give them the 40

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Its not just paper talk with Mkhitaryan. His agent said flat out, United have offered 24 mil, Henrik is dying to go because United is his dream club, but Dortmund don't want to let him leave. Sounds like something that will eventually happen.

Funny Dortmund really dig their heals in when teams want their players, except Bayern, they just seem to bend over when Bayern wants their best player every season.
For me, it's plain paper talk (so far). Why do you believe all that has been written? Do you really know if United have offered a penny at all? We don't even know if his agent (a certain Mino Raiola) said that at all let alone if it's true.

Of course, this topic reads 'speculation'. Let's wait and see. I hope it doesn't happen as I'm far from being convinced of his abilities being at the required level.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

For me, it's plain paper talk (so far). Why do you believe all that has been written? Do you really know if United have offered a penny at all? We don't even know if his agent (a certain Mino Raiola) said that at all let alone if it's true.

Of course, this topic reads 'speculation'. Let's wait and see. I hope it doesn't happen as I'm far from being convinced of his abilities being at the required level.
Looks like you're one step closer to being proved wrong;
Manchester United go back with £26million bid for Henrikh Mkhitaryan after Borussia Dortmund reject initial approach
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the subject of a second bid from Manchester United
Borussia Dortmund midfielder has one year left on his contract in Germany
Bundesliga club rejected an approach of £19.3million for his services
The new offer is worth £26m and the player is keen for the move to happen

By Simon Jones for the Daily Mail

Published: 17:11 EST, 21 June 2016 | Updated: 18:06 EST, 21 June 2016

Manchester United have made an improved offer of £26million for Borussia Dortmund midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

Dortmund have been resolute in their stance that the 27-year-old Armenia captain is not for sale despite having one year left on his contract.

The Bundesliga club rejected United's proposal of £19.3m last week.

Manchester United have gone back to Borussia Dortmund with a second bid for Henrikh Mkhitaryan

United saw a £19.3million approach for the Armenian rebuffed and have returned with an offer worth £26m

STUTTGART, GERMANY - APRIL 23: Henrikh Mkhitaryan of Borussia Dortmund cheers after scoring his team's 3rd goal at Mercedes-Benz Arena on April 23, 2016 in Stuttgart, Germany. (Photo by Alexandre Simoes/Borussia Dortmund/Getty Images)
Manchester United fear unsuccesful Henrikh Mkhitaryan...

However, Mkhitaryan and his agent Mino Raiola are keen to push a move through and want Dortmund to consider the sale.

Dortmund are discussing a move for Wolfsburg's Andre Schurrle as a possible replacement.

Having struggled under Jurgen Klopp, Mkhitaryan has been transformed under Thomas Tuchel at Dortmund.

He notched up 23 goals and 32 assists in all competitions for Dortmund, around four times as many as the previous season.

Unsuited to Klopp's pressing and counter-attacking style, Mkhitaryan has been unchained by Tuchel's more possession-based game.

Mkhitaryan registered 23 goals and 32 assists in all competitions for Dortmund during the 2015-16 season

Speaking to German publication Bild, Raiola said: 'We have both taken very different views and fight for them like lions. (Dortmund CEO Hans-Joachim) Watzke walks 180 degrees into one direction and I 180 degrees into the other. But even though it does not look like it right now, I still hope for a sensible solution.

'Such an offer to join Manchester United might only come once in a lifetime for a player and nobody can guarantee us that the door will still be open for Micki next season. Manchester are Micki's dream club, he wants to join them by any means.'

Asked whether Manchester United will increase their offer for Mkhitaryan, he added: 'That's not my task. My task is to represent my player's interests. It's known what Micki wants.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z4CGyTtxba
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... paign=1490

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Havent been able to follow any news while away but fornicate me he'd be a great signing. Forgot what pace looks like
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

@Relly

I can't be proven wrong as I was never right. As I said, it's only speculation and up until yesterday there was no word in this world involving United's stance in this story. It was all about what the player was after.

At the end of the day, I have belief in Jose and his potential signings. It's only my personal impression of the Armenian which makes me dubious about him.
UNITED > ENGLAND

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

The second is for a young guy, Breel Embolo. He's a young Swiss player and sounds like he could be a huge addition to the U21 team and then a future star: http://wearehooligans.com/2016/06/19/ma ... dium=email

What do you all think?
Several German media just confirmed the capture of our target Breel Embolo by Schalke 04. Reportedly rejected United... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
UNITED > ENGLAND

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 year ago

I had read a few reports linking Embolo with a move to United, most appeared to be "paper talk" with little or no substance. The reports did cause me to watch him a little more closely and TBH he did not impress me, I would rather see Rashford getting the minutes than bringing in another striker at the same age.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

A lot of stories linking us to Aaron Ramsey if we fail to sign Henrik

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Its hard to know what the score is with transfers - we are linked with 4 different players daily.....Aaron Ramsey and Cesar azpilicueta have been the latest.....both I cant see our rivals selling - especially to us

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 year ago

At this point I think we are linked with anyone who can convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. lol
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

1 year ago

At this point I think we are linked with anyone who can convert oxygen to carbon dioxide. lol
So you're saying I could play? Ha

As far as Ramsey goes, not sure I'd want him

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I'd rather go for him than Mkhitaryan. Tested and proven in the EPL. No doubt he'd fit in.

Actually, SAF wanted to sign him from Cardiff back then and was really close to sealing it. Giggsy had even got the task by the boss to help him lure Ramsey to us, with the lad being United fan himself. However, his club decided to accept the offer from North London.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

I like Ramsey but why would Arsene sells?
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Mouinho trying to get one over his old buddy the Voyeur?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Arsenal fans will be piss lol

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

It looking more and more likely that Mkhitaryan + Zlatan are both done - 26.3M + free transfer

Both these guy for less than the 27m we paid for Fellaini haha

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

1 year ago

Getting both of them is a nice start to the summer, also, very good to get on Riola's good side. May give us a chance of going for Pogba

I know, I know, I'm a muppet
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: New transfer speculation

1 year ago

Getting both of them is a nice start to the summer, also, very good to get on Riola's good side. May give us a chance of going for Pogba

I know, I know, I'm a muppet

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

So our front 3

Martial -Zlatan - Mkhiryan

2015-16
Martial - 17 goals + 5 assists
Zlatan - 50 goals + 16 assists
Mkhi - 23 goals + 32 assists

So how are we looking....................

-------------------DDG------------------------
Darmian-----Smallin-----Bailly--------Shaw
----------Morgan---?--Rooney---------
Mkhitaryan------Zlatan-----------Martial

Looks like we are extremely interested in Pogba.............I would love to see Toni Kroos in the middle of that midfield

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I don't even want to start speculating about how we could look like after the transfer window given the facts that:

- it's officially not even started;
- we have a new manager;
- he goes by the name of Jose Mourinho;
- we could easily change about 2/3 of the squad.

... and all that's why I'm even more excite about it. For now, I just trust in our manager.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: New transfer speculation

1 year ago

So far...

-------------------DDG------------------------
Darmian-----Smallin-----Bailly--------Shaw
-------Herera------Morgan--------Henrikh
Rashford------Zlatan-----------Martial