Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Giants14
International Player
International Player

Re: Henrikh Mkhitaryan fee agreed - Sky sports understands

Tue Jul 05, 2016 3:04 pm

Rooney is definitely the elephant in the room for me

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:35 pm

I have never really been a Rooney basher; however there have been situation on and off the pitch where I have questioned why he was still a United player. Over the last 5-6 year his skills have deteriorated to the point the instead of having a bad game now and again,he has a good game now and again. Many have wanted him move into midfield and for him to become the next Scholes, that is not going to happen; he just doesn't have the abilities to perform against top opposition on anything close to a regular basis. What success he had playing in the number 10 role toward the end of last season was due more to the level of opposition rather than his skills at that position.

When asked about Rooney during his press conference Mourinho said he can make good pass when there is no pressure on him, that he is not a 6 or an 8, that in effect Rooney would play a 9 or a 9 1/2. By my reckoning that put Rooney as 3rd or 4th in line for that job and I have a had time seeing him sitting on the bench waiting for his change in the early rounds of cup competitions.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:52 am

I still think Rooney could get do a job for us but the main problem for me is that he is now our captain and is on reportedly 300k a week - on both accounts you need that player to be the best player on the pitch - Rooney clearly isn't. He has definitely lost that spark of passion and hunger that drove him in his early years and seems to be coasting at this moment in time.

Jose might be the right manager to re-ignite him into the sort of form he has produced in the past.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:38 pm

there is no guarantee he will still be captain
"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:21 pm

there is no guarantee he will still be captain
It will be very telling who Mourinho names as captain, could almost be its own thread.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:45 pm

Saw his interview on the official site. Seems very humble and down to earth person. Haven't seen much of him but his stats for Dortmund are impressive.
Also read some curious facts about him. Speaks 6 languages and used to live at Shakhtar Donetsk base when he played for them because he wanted to focus on "his training"
Hopefully he fits well in the team. I like him already..
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”