Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

Are we done?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:38 am

I hope that we're not. Need another CB IMO. And possibly a right back. Not convinced by Valencia, and don't think Jose rates Darmian much.

You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Re: Are we done?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:50 am

Jose reportedly told by the board he has to sell next if he wants to buy further.
UNITED > ENGLAND

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:03 am

I like what we have. Which other CB would be a good buy?

If reports that Fosu signed a new contract, then we have a good RB. Valencia has been doing well and if he continues with his assists, then I'm good
Bring Back Becks Image

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:09 am

Cant see us bringing anyone else in unless we sell - which im sure we will.

I do think we need an experienced CB to sort out the back line - a Godin type would be a great pick up but getting him or others will be tough
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:02 am

I would definitely go for Garay. He's top class, highly experienced and wouldn't cost us a fortune. It's quite astonishing he was available for years yet he's about to get overlooked by a fourth United manager in a row despite having constantly been connected by the media to a potential move to OT. Given his constant displays for club and country it's quite funny (yet a bit dubious) that none of the top clubs ever considered buying him.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:06 pm

Jose reportedly told by the board he has to sell next if he wants to buy further.
Makes sense. Can't fault them for asking for that

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:09 pm

Varane is the CB I would love to see, but that ain't happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:41 pm

We are done. Bailley and Smalling for CB and Blind for backup. I'll be surprised if we buy anyone.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:41 pm

We are done. Bailley and Smalling for CB and Blind for backup. I'll be surprised if we buy anyone.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:09 pm

I would like to see an experienced central defender - Ashley Williams would have been a steal.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:29 pm

You can say that again
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Are we done?

Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:01 pm

You can say that again

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:10 am

You can say that again
It's being reported a lot of places that Jose wants another experienced CB. Smalling and Bailly seem a bit similar in style, so a Vidic type CB to go with them would be ideal. After those two, it's basically a bunch of makeshift CBs as backup. Personnally I can see, and I am really hoping, Jones is shown the door this summer. And I like Smalling a lot, but he really shined playing in LVG very defensive, very organized team, I am not convinced he will shine as much when he doesn't have the same level of protection.
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Are we done?

Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:56 am

You can say that again
It's being reported a lot of places that Jose wants another experienced CB. Smalling and Bailly seem a bit similar in style, so a Vidic type CB to go with them would be ideal. After those two, it's basically a bunch of makeshift CBs as backup. Personnally I can see, and I am really hoping, Jones is shown the door this summer. And I like Smalling a lot, but he really shined playing in LVG very defensive, very organized team, I am not convinced he will shine as much when he doesn't have the same level of protection.
I hope he doesn't. We still have Fosuh Mensa, who has big potential.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:12 am

I hope he doesn't. We still have Fosuh Mensa, who has big potential.
Looks to be a good fullback to me.
"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:50 pm

At some point in his career it would not surprise me if Mensa is played as a defensive midfielder.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:53 am

You can say that again
I cant quite understand how Jones is at this club. By all accounts, it looks like Jose wanted him as the starting cb going into the tour, and what a stinker of a pre season he had
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:56 am

I cant quite understand how Jones is at this club. By all accounts, it looks like Jose wanted him as the starting cb going into the tour, and what a stinker of a pre season he had
I disagree. Maureen probably wanted to give him one last chance and he blows it.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 14, 2016 11:09 am

Jones appearance stats tell their own story. He's done. I'm not sure if he'd be replaced, aside from within.

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:58 pm

Well we certianly don't need another striker. There are rumours of Babosa but I think Rashford has what it takes to cut it this season he is going to be a superstar and he has the right brand of players around him to develope.

Sia
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:37 pm

I think we should be done given the size of the squad. the quality was always an issue more so than quantity, and we have brought in four top quality players.

certain squad players could still be replaced, but keyword is replaced. do not need to buy until we have gotten rid of some. obviously we could use another quality, experienced defender but we have too many right now. if we do find takers for Jones, Young, etc, only then I think we should look for replacements.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:21 am

After it became apparent that we had landed the "Fab Four" - my apologies to any of the Beatles still alive - my thinking was that we still needed an experienced central defender to add depth and organization to a youngish back line. I did not think that Blind would be able to fulfill that role and I didn't think that Mourinho would be open to using Blind as a limited defender and the deep play maker. However Mourinho is a true pragmatist and if something is working he doesn't care who's idea it was just as long as it works.

Barring injury's I think we have the squad we need, at least until the winter window and then we can start the speculation all over again.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:21 am

I would love for us to pull something out of the bag on deadline - not going to happen though lol

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:34 am

I would love for us to pull something out of the bag on deadline - not going to happen though lol
We'd rather push something in the bag. :laugh:
UNITED > ENGLAND

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:14 pm

We'd rather push something in the bag. :laugh:
:laugh: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”