ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Are we done?

9 months ago

Apparently the German Dude (with the long name I still can't spell) and Marcos Rojo are staying.. I guess no one wants them..

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

9 months ago

Bastian seems content to just collect a big paycheck from United every week, since Mourinho made it absolutely clear he has no intentions of playing him. What a strange and sad way to see a top class player, who has won it all, finish his otherwise stellar career.
"Make America Great Again!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Are we done?

9 months ago

Bastian seems content to just collect a big paycheck from United every week, since Mourinho made it absolutely clear he has no intentions of playing him. What a strange and sad way to see a top class player, who has won it all, finish his otherwise stellar career.
That is harsh, he wantrd to fight for his pace and no one seems to bid for him. Anyway, I expext him to go to MLS next year.
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Re: RE: Re: Are we done?

9 months ago

That is harsh, he wantrd to fight for his pace and no one seems to bid for him. Anyway, I expext him to go to MLS next year.
When a player says he will not play for another European club that's going to limit his options.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

To be fair, I think he actually does want to fight for his place, and more importantly earn the respect back from his teammates. Hes not ready for MLS yet and he doesnt want to play for any other European side. I dont think he needs the money
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

9 months ago

To be fair, I think he actually does want to fight for his place, and more importantly earn the respect back from his teammates. Hes not ready for MLS yet and he doesnt want to play for any other European side. I dont think he needs the money
Apparently Mourinho was left fuming because Bastian refused to leave. I really don't see any way back for him.
"Make America Great Again!"

Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee

3 months ago

I don't think we should buy any more Defenders. Valencia is a natural at RB and is doing really well. Baily is back. Smalling, Jones & Rojo are still there. How can you guys forget the perfect pairing of Jones & Rojo when Baily & Smalling was out! they played amazingly good at OT and on away matches. LB is a concern, yes! for that Mourinho has to trust Shaw and we can never forget we have Blind for that spot too. However, what concerns me is we don't have a second good striker and for me the most important part of our squad can be a deadly finisher (Griezmann) which can complete our squad and add more power to our attack.

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

3 months ago

I don't think we should buy any more Defenders. Valencia is a natural at RB and is doing really well. Baily is back. Smalling, Jones & Rojo are still there. How can you guys forget the perfect pairing of Jones & Rojo when Baily & Smalling was out! they played amazingly good at OT and on away matches. LB is a concern, yes! for that Mourinho has to trust Shaw and we can never forget we have Blind for that spot too. However, what concerns me is we don't have a second good striker and for me the most important part of our squad can be a deadly finisher (Griezmann) which can complete our squad and add more power to our attack.

Not close with your assessment i am afraid

Valencia is having a very good season at this level.
He is in fact our only outlet pass most of the times
I totally admire his strength and work rare but his crossing ability is hit and miss,presumably a throw back from his old injury
He has no back up for that position either and at 31/32 his game will deteriorate over the next 1/3 seasons
We need a replacement

Is Jones back to his injury days again.
i suspect not but his past record over the last 3 seasons prior to this,where he thought his home ground was the hospital makes him no more than a good squad player in my book
I also like Rojo but don't consider him top top class.More Mr reliable
I do like Bailly but i think we need a top class centre half to work with him
Also don't forget he is going to keep vanishing to the Africa Nations cup
I can't call Smalling after his game against Leicester last week but his overall performances is,well what's the word??
Oh yes shit
I find it embarrasing that he is the captain

Why would/should Mourinho or anybody trust Shaw
He has shown nothing and his fat arse shows he can't get fit
Pity as he was a good prospect bordering on a good player but his horrible injury looks like it has done him Falcao style

You are looking for a second good striker also
Who will our first good striker be next season
Are you sure Zkatan the great shirtseller will still be around?

have you an opinion on Carrick or Rooney or Schneiderlin or Depays or Schweinsteigers replacement
Who and when do you think we will replace Ronaldo

Harley Ben
Trainee
Trainee

3 months ago

Not close with your assessment i am afraid

Valencia is having a very good season at this level.
He is in fact our only outlet pass most of the times
I totally admire his strength and work rare but his crossing ability is hit and miss,presumably a throw back from his old injury
He has no back up for that position either and at 31/32 his game will deteriorate over the next 1/3 seasons
We need a replacement

Is Jones back to his injury days again.
i suspect not but his past record over the last 3 seasons prior to this,where he thought his home ground was the hospital makes him no more than a good squad player in my book
I also like Rojo but don't consider him top top class.More Mr reliable
I do like Bailly but i think we need a top class centre half to work with him
Also don't forget he is going to keep vanishing to the Africa Nations cup
I can't call Smalling after his game against Leicester last week but his overall performances is,well what's the word??
Oh yes shit
I find it embarrasing that he is the captain

Why would/should Mourinho or anybody trust Shaw
He has shown nothing and his fat arse shows he can't get fit
Pity as he was a good prospect bordering on a good player but his horrible injury looks like it has done him Falcao style

You are looking for a second good striker also
Who will our first good striker be next season
Are you sure Zkatan the great shirtseller will still be around?

have you an opinion on Carrick or Rooney or Schneiderlin or Depays or Schweinsteigers replacement
Who and when do you think we will replace Ronaldo

I don't agree with you completely but surely some of your points are true and some are just bogus! Coming to Valencia, yes he's playing good now and his game will deteriorate in coming seasons (not sure though), we should have a replacement for him. Why don't Mourinho give enough chances to Darmian at RB?

Luke is trying hard after his injury to come back strong but it will take some time. Breaking your leg in two pieces and than matching your benchmark again is a hard thing. Give that lad some time my friend.

Midfield, I only want replacement for carrick, he's old now. Won't stay for long, probably he's here for now or at maximum will sign another year extention but we need replacement. Morgan Schneiderlin was not playing the way he was playing at Southhampton. LVG signed him for that reason only but he failed to prove his worth in LVG era and now in this season too! Good that we sold him.

Depay was a show pony only. Lower quality version of skillful Neymar. Couldn't run properly, couldn't had the skills to keep possession. Good that we sold him too!

Rooney have done alot and he's growing old now. But I have massive respect for him!

Ibra is not just a shirtseller he's done 15 goals too! Assisted also. Can't say if he'll stay another season or will just go, but we definitely need a striker. I'd again say that Griezmann is what we need to bolster our attack. We can have him as a main striker and we can put Martial or Rashforf as SS.

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

3 months ago

Picking your points,that you don't concede,one at a time

Why doesn't Darmian get more chances at right back?-That's easy to answer.He has shown nothing worth noting at all.He is not as good as Rafael and he can't get a game anywhere
Darmian is just not a premier league quality player,never mind a European cup quality player
Not close to Gary Neville's ability and that should be the benchmark

Luke Shaw is trying hard-Is he??
That's not what my information says.He won't/can't get fit
Even if he is trying hard then he should get his skill levels back in the reserves
This is the Premier league and you don't get time.
He seems to bottle tackles(understandably).He has lost his pace and it doesn't seem to be returning.He has lost his ability to get in good forward positions and his ability to cross dangerous ball in.With the pace gone he can't get back either when an attack breaks down.
It is a shame that he broke his leg badly as he was coming along very nicely but he did break his leg.Fact
He has this season and next season then his contract is over.Fact
We won't renew that contract in his current form
With his current form nobody will be him
The answer?
Buy a quality left back.Give him next season in the lesser games and a few others, then either give him a new contract or give him a free at the end of 2017/18

Only a replacement for Carrick and don't bother to replace Scneiderlin
We Had two players for holding midfield and now you are prepared to take all of next season on with just one?
OK!!
I don't see your logic but you have your opinion

Rooney
All the genuine United fans respect him.
Brilliant career but now mostly for the Chinese which is where he may end up soon

Griezmann is indeed what we need but will he come if we are only a Europa league team

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”