Next Match: Image
Celta Vigo in the Europa League.
Thursday 4th May 2017, KO 20:05 BST.
redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

Re: January 2017

1 month ago

How much would Harry Kane be worth right now? 80m+ possibly - the hottest striker around at the minute.

I do believe we still have a lot of work to do in the transfer market - our squad is big to the lack of quality is apparent.

Another CB is needed - would love to see an experienced guy Godin or Bonuci beside Bailly

CM - A replacement for Carrick - someone who controls and dominates - Kroos

CDM - a Matic or Kante type

ST - Zlatan will not be around forever - Kane or Greizman esqe

A lot of this is fantasty of course but we need to strengthen

---------------------------DDG------------------------
Valencia-------Bailly------Godin---------Shaw
------------------Kroos------?---------------------
MickyT---------Pogba---------------Martial
---------------------Kane--------------------------

Not sure who there is out there realistically for CDM but something like this.

Kane- 80m
Kroos - 40m+
Godin - 30m?
CDM - 30M?

We have recouped some funds from Schneirderlin and Depay and expect a number of other players to leave - 200m will not be spent I understand that but I do feel we need to spend at least this to get back challenging - which is unreal after the money we have already spent

Here we go again

How much do you think we have actually spent on players?
Then work out how many players we have not replaced but should have and go right back to and start at Ronaldo
This team jerks from a one season shirt seller,Di Maria to another one season shirt seller Schweinsteiger via otherone season shirt sellers like Falcao
Is Zlatan the great a lifetime United player or not or he a one season shirt seller?

Jose has so far spent £100m net and from that the Chinese have more than covered that with shirt sales
He has bought 4 players(Mikki,Bailly,Zlatan and Pogba) and lost 13 players of which most have not been replaced

Wazza,Carrick,Schweinsteiger are at the end so we need realistically £150m to cover those positions plus a left back,a winger a centre forward and a centre half
Of course we won't spend £200m but we should and it should not be an issue with the fornicating revenue coming into this club balanced by loan interest and dividend money that vanishes

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

I agree with picking up a CD, and CDM but I would not give a priority to picking up another attacker. I also think that Mourinho will want to settle the LB position; I cannot see him going through another season with so much unrest and uncertainty.

In fact I would want to pick up 2 CD; an experienced defender who can hold the back line together during injuries and absences and a younger defender who can be paired with and grow with Bailey. I think Gobin would definitely fit the role of the experienced player to be an organizer holding the back line together but I do not know how well he would fit into the premier league if he has to play every game. If there is any chance of picking up Raphaël Varane we should go for it, I just start drooling when I think of him and Bailey as a pairing. However I do not want to get into the situation where we spend the entire summer chasing him only to have him sign an extension to his contract at the end of it.

A like for like replacing the Carrick role? I do not know if that is possible or which Carrick we would go looking to replace. The current one who uses him knowledge and guile to control the midfield but who can be pressured out of the game if he is closely man marked. Maybe the one that supported Scholes and allowed Paul to ping balls all over the pitch, but in that case who would play the Scholes role. I think Mourinho will be looking for a more physical and athletic presence (think Fellaini with football skills) in the midfield who can not only break up oppositions attacks and protect the back line but can re-cycle the ball and get our attack started. I think that Mourinho will be looking to play more of a 4-3-3 next season if he can get the in midfielder he wants. I would like to see Fosu-Mensah given a change at the CDM, I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket but I would give him the chance to claim the position.
I think and hope that Zlatan stays for another year, but I think his role needs to change. He cannot be the automatic first pick from which the team is built around; he can be used when we play a formation with a single striker and maybe as part of a striker partnership. I do not see him playing regularly as the middle attacker in a 4-3-3.
DeGea
Valencia Bailey Varane TBD
Kross
Hererra Pogba
MickyT Rashford Martial
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

I agree with picking up a CD, and CDM but I would not give a priority to picking up another attacker. I also think that Mourinho will want to settle the LB position; I cannot see him going through another season with so much unrest and uncertainty.

In fact I would want to pick up 2 CD; an experienced defender who can hold the back line together during injuries and absences and a younger defender who can be paired with and grow with Bailey. I think Gobin would definitely fit the role of the experienced player to be an organizer holding the back line together but I do not know how well he would fit into the premier league if he has to play every game. If there is any chance of picking up Raphaël Varane we should go for it, I just start drooling when I think of him and Bailey as a pairing. However I do not want to get into the situation where we spend the entire summer chasing him only to have him sign an extension to his contract at the end of it.

A like for like replacing the Carrick role? I do not know if that is possible or which Carrick we would go looking to replace. The current one who uses him knowledge and guile to control the midfield but who can be pressured out of the game if he is closely man marked. Maybe the one that supported Scholes and allowed Paul to ping balls all over the pitch, but in that case who would play the Scholes role. I think Mourinho will be looking for a more physical and athletic presence (think Fellaini with football skills) in the midfield who can not only break up oppositions attacks and protect the back line but can re-cycle the ball and get our attack started. I think that Mourinho will be looking to play more of a 4-3-3 next season if he can get the in midfielder he wants. I would like to see Fosu-Mensah given a change at the CDM, I wouldn’t put all my eggs in that basket but I would give him the chance to claim the position.
I think and hope that Zlatan stays for another year, but I think his role needs to change. He cannot be the automatic first pick from which the team is built around; he can be used when we play a formation with a single striker and maybe as part of a striker partnership. I do not see him playing regularly as the middle attacker in a 4-3-3.
DeGea
Valencia Bailey Varane TBD
Kross
Hererra Pogba
MickyT Rashford Martial
you are as entitled to your opinion as much as the next man but for me Martial and Rashford don't offer enough experience up front
You need somebody older and stronger like Costa or Aguerro

You are also not playing with an out an out winger which has been the Manchester United tradition for 70 years
Before you tell me football has changed tell that to Real Madrid and Manchester City who are two teams who are streets ahead of us

And finally and most importantly who are the shirt sellers in your team?

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”