Next Match: Image
Manchester City in the Premier League.
Thursday 27th April 2017, KO 20:00 BST.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Payet back to Marseille

2 months ago

West Ham have agreed a fee with Marseille to seel Payet back to them.

£25 million, and could rise to £30 million which is a hefty increase on what they paid for him, so even after Snodgrass, they're still in profit. Appaantly he even took a pay cut to make sure it went through.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Payet back to Marseille

2 months ago

He's a disgrace. Wasted careee
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

2 months ago

I can't agree on either point unfortunately

At Marseille he can start again and has every chance of doing well
He might build up again and could end up somewhere else possibly
Clearly he didn't like the East end of London lifestyle or the club or the stadium or the future prospects of West Ham or or or
Maybe it was just his family that couldn't settle.They would be far more important to him that Gold or Karen Brady
Who knows

He gave West Ham a great season last season
If he had repeated it again this season then they might have finished 6th but more likely 7th to 10th as the team is mostly average
He told them he wanted to leave and you and i will never know what exactly the reasons were that he gave
Didn't Ronaldo do that to United

They alledgedly didn't want to sell him but they did and what will they do with the cash?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

2 months ago

I can't agree on either point unfortunately

At Marseille he can start again and has every chance of doing well
He might build up again and could end up somewhere else possibly
Clearly he didn't like the East end of London lifestyle or the club or the stadium or the future prospects of West Ham or or or
Maybe it was just his family that couldn't settle.They would be far more important to him that Gold or Karen Brady
Who knows

He gave West Ham a great season last season
If he had repeated it again this season then they might have finished 6th but more likely 7th to 10th as the team is mostly average
He told them he wanted to leave and you and i will never know what exactly the reasons were that he gave
Didn't Ronaldo do that to United

They alledgedly didn't want to sell him but they did and what will they do with the cash?
Well if he didn't like west ham, or couldn't settle, or hates London, or whatever it was, why sign a new 5 and a half year deal last year ?

He's 29 now, he's just had his first good season. I'd say that's wasted talent. He's had the potential his whole career to play at the highest level (proven by his performances in the Euros) yet at the age of 29 he's back where he started. Not one other team was in for him

It's also the 7th (7th!) time in his career he's leaving a team on bad terms and refusing to train. It that the attitude to take to football.

Ronaldo left on good terms. He asked to leave, was asked to stay one more year and did. Regardless of that, he ended up at Real Madrid, not some shite back in his home country in an average league. Ronaldo has become the greatest footballer on the planet , and his attitude to football is greater than any player I've ever seen. (First in, last out st training, no alcohol) you really can't compare him to payet
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”