Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Glorio
International Player
International Player

Utd snub £60m Real De Gea bid

Wed May 31, 2017 10:32 pm

Sky Sports understand...

Manchester United have turned down a £60m Real Madrid offer for David de Gea, according to Sky sources.

The Spain goalkeeper was within minutes of joining Real in August 2015 only for the deadline-day deal to collapse, and he went on to sign a new Manchester United contract.
That deal has two years to run, with the option of a further 12 months, and sources told Sky Sports News HQ this week that De Gea is happy at United.

Real's offer is more than three times the £18m United paid Atletico Madrid for the Spain No 1 in 2011, and almost double the current record fee for a goalkeeper.

But that has not stopped United rejecting the bid as they prepare for a return to the Champions League in the wake of their Europa League victory.

De Gea did not play in the final against Ajax as Sergio Romero was preferred.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Utd snub £60m Real De Gea bid

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:15 am

Great news.Hope he'll stay.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:59 am

Of if he goes, for atleast 100mil or 60mil plus Varane and James :D
Bring Back Becks Image

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:07 am

60m is a lot for a goalkeeper - if the bid is increased to 70m+ it would be very hard to turn down.

You would fancy us getting someone in return
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:13 am

Any worthwhile replacement will cost as much, hardly a worthwhile deal for us. we dont need the money
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:30 am

60m is a lot for a goalkeeper - if the bid is increased to 70m+ it would be very hard to turn down.

Dont think its about what position you play nowadays but how much of a "big" player you are..He is the best keeper in the World and with the inflated prices for players 100mi is the going rate
Bring Back Becks Image

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Thu Jun 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Best goal keeper in the world, back in Madrid and the Spanish national keeper. Real Madrid will need a bulldozer to handle all the cash, so hold their feet to the fire and get 60M plus Varane sound good to me.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:08 am

The money in football is insane.
Make football fabulous again!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Jun 02, 2017 3:58 am

The money in football is insane.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:52 am

Who is the "someone in return" that is better than the best that you might suggest?

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:36 am

Who is the "someone in return" that is better than the best that you might suggest?
Real Madrid have plenty of players that would make our team better - im not talking about swapping for another keeper
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:17 pm

de Gea is among the top five best keepers i world football, in my opinion he is the best but admittedly I am biased. To replace him with anyone close to his level will cost in the region of +50M - because we in need of a world class keeper and because we are Manchester United. Unless de Gea is making noise that he want to leave then we should keep him and stop all this transfer talk straight away; if he want to leave then get players from Real Madrid and not just cash.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:49 pm

I don't get why people always suggest swapping or throwing in a player on top of the money. How often do you see big clubs, particularly United, making these kinds of deals? It's cash, or in United case IOUs, 99% of the time.
"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:21 pm

Well, we were swapping keepers last time with De Gea.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:06 pm

It shows you how money can be the root of all evil

DDG is recognised as one of,if not possibly the best in the world
Why should there be a figure,any figure that should tempt the club to sell?
In theory the one thing we are not short of is money
The one thing(s) we are short of is top quality players

Why would,therefore,any amount of money tempt us to sell
Will Chelsea sell Hazard,will Madrid sell Ronaldo or Bale,will Barca sell Messi or Neymar?

The bad news is that thinking back to the Ronaldo deal where ALL the £80m vanished to the Caymans what could possibly stop me thinking we might sell DDG and what would possibly stop you lot thinking that if we did the money is guaranteed to be re-invested in another goalkeeper or indeed another player
Let's face it we need plenty of players and the silence from the club at the moment is deafening other than extensions on old players like Carrick

I was thinking about the case for Romero being a world cup goalkeeper and as such a ready(and cheap) replacement for DDG
Two questions
1-if he is as good as some are suggesting why is he happy to be a number two at United
He earns what is a minimal amount,in modern wages of £20k a week
If he was regarded as "that good" surely somebody else will take him

2 I keep thinking back to Victor Valdes-He had won everything but couldn't get back from his injury at United
I keep looking at how the Berties have screwed up with Joe Hart and Claudio Bravo

To be fair to Romero he has done nothing wrong but let's be honest he has hardly been tested has he and i don't like it(never had) the way he punches rather than collects crosses

To sum up it would be a dangerous gamble in footballing terms to let DDG go but then again when have the Glazers and Scouse Ed ever let football get in the way of dividend money

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:25 am

I'm going on a limb here, but if De Gea leaves I'd like us to get Kasper Schmeichel . Just have a gut feeling he'd raise his game and will do quite well here. Trying to match his dad status and achievements could be and will be a huge motivation for him.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm going on a limb here, but if De Gea leaves I'd like us to get Kasper Schmeichel . Just have a gut feeling he'd raise his game and will do quite well here. Trying to match his dad status and achievements could be and will be a huge motivation for him.
Yes to motivation but no to ability

He has long been known as a good shot stopper but who won't come off his line
If Leicester hadn't that daft season he would have gone into mediocrity just like the goalkeepers of the clubs like West Brom,Stoke and Everton
One good game,one bad game
To be part of a successful TOP team you need to be ultra consistent

Real Madrid absolutely battered Juventus on Saturday and all everybody is talking about apart from Ronaldo is the Madrid keeper going for the ball with his wrong hand
As a result of one goal only Madrid appear to have stepped up their efforts to get DDG and Scouse Ed appears to be salivating and waiting for a bid that will get his todger moving

A large number accept this as the norm and inevitable and blame DDG and/or his girlfriend
What a load of tosh
We have the best keeper in the world
Keep him FFS and not swap him for a shirt selling centre forward
Just buy a shirt selling centre forward----And a centre half and a winger and a full back(to start with)
Remember we are the richest club in the world and money is no object :laugh: :laugh:

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:48 pm

He's a decent keeper, but he's also 30. Even if he did raise his game, he's far off De Gea, and we'd need to look at how to replace him fairly soon.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Romeo is a funny old situation; from what I have read he is the most capped Argentine goalkeeper of all time but has never started at any club he has been with. That could easily be a comment on how poor Argentine has been at producing keepers.

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:01 am

I don't think Romero will do too badly as our number 1. He excels where de gea lacks, claiming the ball off his line, but possibly falls short in terms of shot stopping. He also played a big part in us winning the Europa league and seems to have a good mentality. I'd rather strengthen the center half and center mid positions with the money we have available.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:37 pm

The only issue I have with Romeo is that when he comes off his line for a cross he is more likely to try and palm the ball away and his placement isn't great. As soon as team pick up on that we will see a steady diet of crosses.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:00 am

If Van Dijk is going for 60, were probably around 30-40 mil short of a good fee for de gea. We just made CL, looking to further ourselves in the league and take the step up to where we need to be. Should tell Real to fornicate off before the window even opens
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:20 am

If Van Dijk is going for 60, were probably around 30-40 mil short of a good fee for de gea. We just made CL, looking to further ourselves in the league and take the step up to where we need to be. Should tell Real to fornicate off before the window even opens
I totally agree that Madrid should be told to get lost
Money and how much Madrid might want to/need to pay should not be in a conversation

We have possibly the best goalkeeper in the world and he should not be for sale at any price
Bale and Messi are not for sale at any price
Why should our best player even be thinking of being made available
Is our priority to build a team or our dividend pot.There is enough cash in the pot already
Knowing the way these thieves work they will sell DDG for £70m cash and make it vanish and then spend £35m on a shirt seller and pay for him over 3 seasons out of profits from the megastore

We have been too long a feeder club for Madrid with Beckham and Ronaldo and the cash we get just vanishes and the team we build declines in quality and ambition

Takhar7
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Sunny

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:08 pm

Apparently Real Madrid are no longer in for de Gea this summer, as per Marca.

Maybe United were justifiably asking for the moon in return, and they eventually decided enough was enough.
Manchester United - Horrible for my health, wonderful for my heart - since 1987

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Surely I'll breathe easier come 1. September.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Return to “Transfers, Speculation & Rumours”