Next Match: Image
Burton Albion in the Carabao Cup
Wednesday 20th September 2017, KO 20:00 BST.
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Politics thread

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 pm

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:06 pm

ivandaman wrote:
WTF
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Should a parent ever be mean?
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 pm

"The Mean Parent" is in quotation marks,

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Honestly, what have DJT done so far that pleased you so much ?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:37 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Regardless the same question applies, or is this another situation of Trump bullshit that will later be put down to being a joke?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm

marcus leong wrote:
ivandaman wrote:
Pulled out of TPP, pulled out of Paris climate deal, instituted the travel ban, massively cut regulations, stock market is soaring, consumer confidence is up, illegal immigration is way down, taking care of the vets, etc.

Honestly what has he done that has upset you and the rest of the snowflakes so much?
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:32 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:22 pm
ivandaman wrote:
Should a parent ever be mean?
Absolutely. Somewhere along the way that became wrong and that's why we have a generation of morons who can't handle the world in post secondary school and entering the work force. I genuinely fear for the future of western civilization because its going to be handed over to a group that has never had to and has no idea how to deal with adversity. It's why the universities are in such shambles, you have a group of people who their entire life got everything they wanted and were told they could never be wrong, now they can't handle reality.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:52 am

Relly wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:27 pm
marcus leong wrote:
ivandaman wrote:
Pulled out of TPP, pulled out of Paris climate deal, instituted the travel ban, massively cut regulations, stock market is soaring, consumer confidence is up, illegal immigration is way down, taking care of the vets, etc.

Honestly what has he done that has upset you and the rest of the snowflakes so much?
Snowflake like the one in white house that call for the firing of espn anchor for talking bad about him?

They are negotiating putting TPP provision into NAFTA. Look it up.

Paris Accord is voluntarily. Withdraw is just a gesture.

Cutting regulations including Dott Frank. The one that regulate wall street and try to prevent another economy melt down.

Stock marketing been soaring since Obama took office. I didnt see you credit him for this?

Fake news about illegal imigrants. Where.is your proff?

How did he help veteran? By cutting budget on their benefits?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:11 am

so pure (l)

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:42 am

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:44 am

Sandies wrote:
so pure (l)

This current trend of supporting behaviour you would otherwise condemn just because you don't like the victim's views is legitimately dangerous.

That guy could easily have hit his head and died, do you think he deserves to be killed? And who is to say he won't change his outlook in future and use his experiences for good?

Then there is the question of whether a physical attack is likely to get him to change his opinions or entrench them. I'd think it would be the latter.

And it's also hypocritical and sets a dangerous precedent imo.
Make football fabulous again!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:41 am

Martin wrote:
Sandies wrote:
so pure (l)

This current trend of supporting behaviour you would otherwise condemn just because you don't like the victim's views is legitimately dangerous.

That guy could easily have hit his head and died, do you think he deserves to be killed? And who is to say he won't change his outlook in future and use his experiences for good?

Then there is the question of whether a physical attack is likely to get him to change his opinions or entrench them. I'd think it would be the latter.

Well its not his political views. Im not advocating against a Trump supporter here, im advocating against a nazi. Remember theyre not the same thing

but his views supports the murder of 6 million of my people and then millions of others as well.

so this is not a political view I am not disagreeing with, this is not a trump supporter i am disagreeing with, this is a full blown nazi. whos ideology and purpose in this life is to wipe me off the map

so yeah shame, I dont give a fornicate

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 am

Sandies wrote:
Martin wrote:
Sandies wrote:
so pure (l)

Well its not his political views. Im not advocating against a Trump supporter here, im advocating against a nazi. Remember theyre not the same thing

but his views supports the murder of 6 million of my people and then millions of others as well.

so this is not a political view I am not disagreeing with, this is not a trump supporter i am disagreeing with, this is a full blown nazi. whos ideology and purpose in this life is to wipe me off the map

Agree with Martin on this.

Sam B did a great segment on this. Even ex neo nazi agree violence won't change them. In fact it will help them by making them the victim.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:23 am

Sandies wrote:

Fallacious appeal to emotion argument.

You're justifying violence because you've convinced yourself you're the good guy doing it for the right reasons which was what I said recently about Antifa.

Political violence as a solution has the opposite effect to the one you want. It makes your side look bad and people don't want to be associated with violence, and also creates the idea for some that whoever was being silenced was saying something important, worth hearing or correct.

These guys were not both equally violent, there was only one violent person there. People like the attacker are an absolute gift to the right but I feel like you are too caught up in virtue signalling to realise this.

Political violence is always wrong.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm

There are very, very few times when violence is an acceptable option, because someone has a different political opinion (regardless of how vile you might consider those opinions) is not one of those occasions. If you think that smacking someone up side the head is justified because they have a different opinion of how the world should be run than you do, then you have become what you are protesting against. Reason and logic has a much better chance of changing someone opinions than cold cocking them, if physically threatened then by all means defend yourself but being the aggressor and initiating violence will destroy the basis on your argument.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:48 pm

Martin wrote:
Sandies wrote:

You're justifying violence because you've convinced yourself you're the good guy doing it for the right reasons which was what I said recently about Antifa.

Political violence as a solution has the opposite effect to the one you want. It makes your side look bad and people don't want to be associated with violence, and also creates the idea for some that whoever was being silenced was saying something important, worth hearing or correct.

These guys were not both equally violent, there was only one violent person there. People like the attacker are an absolute gift to the right but I feel like you are too caught up in virtue signalling to realise this.

Martin you are always such a calming voice of reason in this thread. I am not even sure which way your political views swing, you just seem to look at things logically. We need more of this.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:20 pm

wasn't happy with that video clip at all.. violence begets violence..an eye for an eye and the whole world ends up blind.

The clip is also so short its lacking any context..the "Nazi" guy was holding up is hand in a calming gesture just before he got hit...who knows anything about him? He could've been on his way to a (sick) fancydress party for all we know.... this is very much in the vein of the "alt right fake news" ..please lets not start copying them!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:55 pm

Relly wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:48 pm
Martin wrote:
Sandies wrote:

Martin you are always such a calming voice of reason in this thread. I am not even sure which way your political views swing, you just seem to look at things logically. We need more of this.
Cheers, appreciate that.

Would say I'm left of centre btw. Conservative on one or two things (that I'm aware of).

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 am

RedSte wrote:
wasn't happy with that video clip at all.. violence begets violence..an eye for an eye and the whole world ends up blind.

The clip is also so short its lacking any context..the "Nazi" guy was holding up is hand in a calming gesture just before he got hit...who knows anything about him? He could've been on his way to a (sick) fancydress party for all we know.... this is very much in the vein of the "alt right fake news" ..please lets not start copying them!

Then do the research. He was on a public train harassing and threatening blacks. I'd also put up a calming gesture when the guys ive been threatening and are about to knock me out cold

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:42 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:00 pm
There are very, very few times when violence is an acceptable option, because someone has a different political opinion (regardless of how vile you might consider those opinions) is not one of those occasions. If you think that smacking someone up side the head is justified because they have a different opinion of how the world should be run than you do, then you have become what you are protesting against. Reason and logic has a much better chance of changing someone opinions than cold cocking them, if physically threatened then by all means defend yourself but being the aggressor and initiating violence will destroy the basis on your argument.

Except I am not protesting against anyone. I am not taking a political side.

I would never advocate anyone who has a different view to me, I would never wish harm on a trump supporter, anti gay marriage rights activist here in Australia or anything like that

Except these are Nazis, in 2017. There is no place in the world for that. These are not political views I disagree with, these are people who murdered 6 million of my people and support them 70 years later. So yeah, "night night"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:13 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 6:33 am
RedSte wrote:

Then do the research. He was on a public train harassing and threatening blacks. I'd also put up a calming gesture when the guys ive been threatening and are about to knock me out cold
Where is the evidence for this? All I can find is hearsay on that tweet and an article that says he 'allegedly' harassed a black man on the train, according to Antifa.
Sandies wrote:
Except I am not protesting against anyone. I am not taking a political side.

I would never advocate anyone who has a different view to me, I would never wish harm on a trump supporter, anti gay marriage rights activist here in Australia or anything like that

Except these are Nazis, in 2017. There is no place in the world for that. These are not political views I disagree with, these are people who murdered 6 million of my people and support them 70 years later. So yeah, "night night"
We're not discussing party politics (despite this is being discussed in the politics thread?)
but this is literally what you are doing.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 am

Sandies wrote:
Except these are Nazis, in 2017.
Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds??? Do you check for nazis under your bed every night before you go to bed???

Sandies wrote:
my people ... this... "my people that"
Ok enough of playing the victim card to shut down a discussion and pretend that you've won an argument. I know it works like a charm (almost) every single time, but it's getting a bit too much..

Communism (which by the way "your people" invented) has killed 100,000 people have you heard anybody complaining ??

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:26 am

ivandaman wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:41 am
Sandies wrote:
Except these are Nazis, in 2017.
Do you realize how ridiculous this sounds??? Do you check for nazis under your bed every night before you go to bed???

Nope, in the country I live in, when Nazi's come out to play and murder innocent opposition protesters our president/PM condemns their actions, not support them

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:48 pm

Does anybody else think it's odd how they managed to get a picture of the Nazi sat by himself on the train and footage of him being punched, but no picture of this banana he apparently threw at someone nor any footage of him starting all these fights? We only have evidence of the aggression being all one way.

It seems to me that this man was confronted over the swastika, an exchange of words happened, that picture circulated online and then people saw it as fair game to dish out violence just for the fun of it. It can be justified because he's a Nazi, Nazi, Nazi (and also a Nazi, Nazi, Nazi).

Return to “Members Lounge”