Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st April 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Re: Politics thread

1 month ago

He did nothing illegal during his interview; I guess it depends on how you want to read the reports/statements; Breitbart News or CNN.
No one should read CNN. They have been exposed as completely fake news.
That's your (and your Avatars) opinion and of course Breitbart is a pillar of integrity.
No there has been endless proof. Just last week during a debate between Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders CNN was caught giving the questions to the audience ahead of time.

My favourite is CNN being caught doing a correspondence between two reporters in the same parking lot
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGADrt5hhwM

Or when they got caught interviewing their own cameraman, it's particularly cringeworthy considering what a bad actor this guy is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdCk6gJqmoc

If you watch CNN and believe it's honest then you are a lost cause and not worth debating. It's like trying to tell a North Korean the supreme leader isn't great.

"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

Trump cocaine sniffing? Never ever heard of that one before. I have a guy I work with that sniff's like that all the time, even more, it's due to a medical condition. There are all kinds of reasons he could be sniffing.

And anyone that knows anything about Trump knows that he is against pretty much any mind altering substance. He doesn't drink, smoke, take drugs and I don't even think he drinks coffee. He has been adamant about that his entire life and did even let his kids do any of those things.

And I am sorry, but it's not up to me and anyone to disprove crazy accusations, it's up to the accuser to prove them.
Sixteen intelligence agencies say that there was Russian involvement in the election process, Trump say that''s not true is just the press making up stories. Where do you think the burner of proof should resides?
No, 16 agencies didn't say Russian was involved, 2 did. And do you not think it's possible that people inside those agencies with loyalties to the democratic party could have influenced those statements, considering there was in fact no specific proof.
which of these is "fake news"?
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/poli ... /92514592/
you will dismiss this one just because:
http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/16/politics/ ... n-hacking/
The headline saysall that's needed.
https://www.wired.com/2017/01/feds-damn ... -skeptics/
Another leftist rag.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-secu ... ia-hacking
Why bother checking facts if they don't agree with your thinking.
http://www.factcheck.org/2016/12/trump- ... -election/

So where are you getting your information? Tweets from your supreme leader?
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

You made a lot of good points for me in that post Barry. First link cites politifact as the source saying 17 agencies said Russia hacked the election, politifact is a soros funded liberal biased site disguised as some sort of higher moral power. And pretty much the rest of the articles state that no actual evidence was found.

I use a lot of different media, but WikiLeaks, Drudge Report, Infowars and Breitbart are my first stops. And you will dismiss those sites a conservative biased garbage but that's because that's what you have been told to think that by the corporate media that is being destroyed by these sites. I can't speak as much for Breitbart because I have just started reading it in the last couple years, but if you follow these sites for a regular amount of time you will find that they aren't even conservative, they are libertarian media, most of which got their start going after George W Bush.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

I use a lot of different media, but WikiLeaks, Drudge Report, Infowars and Breitbart are my first stops. And you will dismiss those sites a conservative biased garbage but that's because that's what you have been told to think that by the corporate media that is being destroyed by these sites. I can't speak as much for Breitbart because I have just started reading it in the last couple years, but if you follow these sites for a regular amount of time you will find that they aren't even conservative, they are libertarian media, most of which got their start going after George W Bush.
I'll dismiss them as conservative biased garbage based on having read them, not because I've been told what to think by the corporate media. I mean fornicate me, Alex Jones is an absolute raving loon. How you can lok at him and think, yep, this chap is offering a reasoned, considered argument, I've no idea. He just spouts incoherent gibberish.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

1 month ago

tbf I think of him as a spoof of himself..if you dont take him seriously he's hilarious!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

He ought to be taken seriously seeing as he has some influence in raising Trump's army, his enablers. It's a mutual coexistence to be sure.

Everybody has a bias, but acknowledging it is the first step to balancing it. Trump and most of his followers I know, they project bias/ignorance as a strength. The sight of the president desperately trying to score cheap points,...Urgh. Maybe he's not as stupid as I thought, perhaps he's just chasing the adulation of his supporters.
Did anyone hear of the guy who bows to a cardboard cut-out of Trump every morning in his home( not sure if he's got one to be sure)?
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

You made a lot of good points for me in that post Barry. First link cites politifact as the source saying 17 agencies said Russia hacked the election, politifact is a soros funded liberal biased site disguised as some sort of higher moral power. And pretty much the rest of the articles state that no actual evidence was found.

I guess it human nature to trend gravitate toward giving credence to media organization that report what we want to be true, therefore you reject politifact and CNN while I reject Infowars and especially Breitbart. I try and evaluate all side of an issue and will regularly read Inforwars and Breitbart version but usually cannot get through their articles of without disgust at the total lack of professionalism or laughing my ass off that anyone could possible believe what they publish.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

tbf I think of him as a spoof of himself..if you dont take him seriously he's hilarious!
This.

Apparently there was an attack in Sweden last night #FAKE NEWS #ALTERNATIVE FACTS

Its not the first time hes got up and spouted absolute fornicate shit on stage, I honestly dont understand how anyone lets him get away with it.
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 month ago

Genuine question; Why is he campaigning for re-election in 2020 when he's only been President for a month?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

I'll dismiss them as conservative biased garbage based on having read them, not because I've been told what to think by the corporate media. I mean fornicate me, Alex Jones is an absolute raving loon. How you can lok at him and think, yep, this chap is offering a reasoned, considered argument, I've no idea. He just spouts incoherent gibberish.
Alex is over the top, but you would be amazed how often he is right. He was on the Joe Rogan podcast a couple weeks ago and he was just going off in Alex Jones fashion and Joe kept stopping and saying, you can't just make this wild claim and blaze past it, and Joe would make him repeat a claim, then they would look for the sources on the net and he was right every time. A lot of what happened in 2016, and things that came out of the WikiLeaks emails have proven Alex right time and time again. I never was a huge fan of Alex, but I like the site for news, but after him being right so much I actually started listening to him on his radio show occasionally and all you can really say is the guy is massively passionate about his love for the country and the principles it was founded on. But like or hate Alex his site reports the truth and will admit it when they get things wrong. That's why when Donald Trump won for about a week everyone at work stopped me and said, man you were right, how did you know? And just opening the page once and while doesn't constitute a fair chance, you sort of have to learn the approach of the site, because he does present a lot of things in an attention grabbing manor, but the facts behind it are usually pretty good.

I was a regular watcher of CNN for years before I came to the realization that they were controlling their message heavily and directing your takeaway from the coverage.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Genuine question; Why is he campaigning for re-election in 2020 when he's only been President for a month?
He isn't campaigning. I'm not sure what the coverage is like in England, but here it's non-stop all day long attacks from the media on Trump. There was report by Gallop, I believe, that says on average a new POTUS is given a 7 month grace period before the press really starts to criticize them, ie give them a chance. The attacks on Trump started before he even took office, the media here is just a constant stream of anti-Trump garbage, even stuff that has nothing to do with politics, tech magazines, sports coverage, etc. There wasn't a joke about Obama on a late night talkshow or radioshow for probably 2 years after he was elected.

So the one thing that he said in his press conference that I think was the absolute best point that he made, he said the stuff he is doing (the things that have the press all up in arms, freaking out) is the stuff he said he was going to do during the campaign. He was elected as POTUS to do these things and now he is doing them. He is keeping his campaign promises, something most politicians never do and that, bizzarely, seems awful to them. He has done a lot of good since taking office, he pulled out of the TPP, he has saved and brought back 1000s of jobs, he has started the process to build the wall, he is putting stricter rules in place for letting people in from dangerous parts of the world. Now I understand that you personally, and a lot of other people, might not like some of these things, but those are the things he was elected to do. He does something good and the media spins it as something bad or they just completely ignore it. They talk all day about how the whitehouse is in disarray, but people who work there are saying the opposite. So he decided that if the press isn't going to report fairly and accurately on what he is doing that he will tell the people himself. I think my other favourite part of the press conference, which if you watched he was very calm, and respectfull and having a good time, he said; watch tomorrow, the press will say I am ranting an raving and that headline was printed verbatim in many media outlets.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

I guess it human nature to trend gravitate toward giving credence to media organization that report what we want to be true, therefore you reject politifact and CNN while I reject Infowars and especially Breitbart. I try and evaluate all side of an issue and will regularly read Inforwars and Breitbart version but usually cannot get through their articles of without disgust at the total lack of professionalism or laughing my ass off that anyone could possible believe what they publish.
The difference is that the news organizations that I reject I am rejecting because there is cold hard evidence that these organizations are corrupt. This is just not me saying, well CNN leans left so I will dismiss anything they say, they have been exposed as biased, fake news. If you can look at the cold hard evidence and then still dismiss my claims than there is no point in us discussing this subject anymore. Do you deny that CNN gave Hillary debate questions? Because that is fact and how can you trust anyone after they do something like that?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

The difference is that the news organizations that I reject I am rejecting because there is cold hard evidence that these organizations are corrupt. This is just not me saying, well CNN leans left so I will dismiss anything they say, they have been exposed as biased, fake news. If you can look at the cold hard evidence and then still dismiss my claims than there is no point in us discussing this subject anymore. Do you deny that CNN gave Hillary debate questions? Because that is fact and how can you trust anyone after they do something like that?
The news organization that you follow also have hard evidence that they have published totally mis-information just to get traffic on their websites. Do we really need to recounts Inforwars "pizzagate" or Breitbart's throwing headlines around just for there shock value and no regard for if they are true or not. These you would except and justify because they meet your right wing bias, CNN you reject because they are just a bunch of lefty's.

When CNN found out about the leaked question they dropped Donna Brazile as an analyst - does Alex Jones still work for Infowars?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

The news organization that you follow also have hard evidence that they have published totally mis-information just to get traffic on their websites. Do we really need to recounts Inforwars "pizzagate" or Breitbart's throwing headlines around just for there shock value and no regard for if they are true or not. These you would except and justify because they meet your right wing bias, CNN you reject because they are just a bunch of lefty's.

When CNN found out about the leaked question they dropped Donna Brazile as an analyst - does Alex Jones still work for Infowars?
But then just last week they got caught again handing out questions to audience members to "randomly" ask during a debate between Ted Cruz and Bernie Sanders. Literally nothing they do is on the up and up.

There is a lot to the pizzagate thing. If you read the WikiLeaks there is lots of emails using code words for sex trafficking and peodophila, known by law enforcement communities, in correspondence between Hillary's people and other top democrats. What the press did is jump on this situation which was started on Reddit, meaning anyone could have started it and directed it, where all this "pizzagate" was being put on this one store and this crazy guy showed up with a gun. Now not much has been said about this guy since, and this is just my opinion, but I think he was most likely a patsy, considering the democratic party was exposed for paying protesters and agitators during the election, it's not a stretch to think they paid some guy to do this. I mean it just so happens that the owner of this restaurant is friends with political liberal operative David Brock. The Comet pizza thing was a red herring to delegitimize the whole "pizzagate" stuff. Don't be surprised to see this topic resurface in the future, but so far no one has persued it because they say it could potentially take down half of Washington. But for the record Alex did very little coverage of the Pizzagate stuff, never mentioned anything about that Comet Pizza place and parted ways with one of his most popular reporters do to his pursuit of the story. And anyone who doubts what I am saying please read the WikiLeaks and tell me these emails aren't really weird with there references to pizza with walnut sauce, $65 000 hotdogs, dreaming about a hotdog stand in Hawaii.... there is some fornicate up shit going on out there and if you choose to bury your head in the sand instead of looking at evidence than it doesn't make it any less real.

It's easy when someone is informed and you are not to suggest what they are saying is all conspiracy, certainly much easier then getting informed yourself.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

What debate; that was entertainment nothing more.

If you are close to believing what you have just written then I think you are in need of a tin foil hat.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

This.

Apparently there was an attack in Sweden last night #FAKE NEWS #ALTERNATIVE FACTS

Its not the first time hes got up and spouted absolute fornicate shit on stage, I honestly dont understand how anyone lets him get away with it.
http://www.infowars.com/culturally-enri ... rn-europe/

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

What debate; that was entertainment nothing more.

If you are close to believing what you have just written then I think you are in need of a tin foil hat.
Again, it's easy to dismiss things you don't know about then get informed about them. The evidence is there if you care to look for it.

And if it was entertainment then why did they have to rig it? Whether it was a presidential debate or two random guys they are still fabricating the coverage by getting the questions they wanted asked asked. They should have just interviewed these two guys instead of putting on a phony show.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

I try to stay out of this as much as I can, but Ben, Pizzagate is total bollocks.

Cheese pizza is a phrase on 4Chan that means child pornography, which is only really used these days by people who think they are funny, and law enforcement fishing.

Even Fox News called it bollocks.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

I try to stay out of this as much as I can, but Ben, Pizzagate is total bollocks.

Cheese pizza is a phrase on 4Chan that means child pornography, which is only really used these days by people who think they are funny, and law enforcement fishing.

Well fox is the MSM. And I am not saying it's all true and I know exactly what's going on, but yes, those terms are on law enforcement lists. And why did they often put these comments in quotations if there were being straight up in their correspondences?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

This.

http://www.infowars.com/culturally-enri ... rn-europe/
Still waiting to hear what incident happened in Sweden last night. Sweden of all places... #FAKENEWS

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Well fox is the MSM. And I am not saying it's all true and I know exactly what's going on, but yes, those terms are on law enforcement lists. And why did they often put these comments in quotations if there were being straight up in their correspondences?
You're going to have to point to specific emails. The only ones I have read are either inane chatter about dinner plans, or referring to costs at campaign events.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

And anyone who doubts what I am saying please read the WikiLeaks and tell me these emails aren't really weird with there references to pizza with walnut sauce, $65 000 hotdogs, dreaming about a hotdog stand in Hawaii.... there is some fornicate up shit going on out there and if you choose to bury your head in the sand instead of looking at evidence than it doesn't make it any less real.
Ok, I've found this one now.

Link to email on WikiLeaks.

SternTD[at]state.gov is Todd Stern. The email is sent, obviously, to John Podesta.

A breakdown of this email that I found on Reddit, funnily enough under The Donald subreddit:
The next three months are going to be rougher internally than in Beijing: the domestic political/negotiation/etc situation with Congress/WH/State/etc is going to be more difficult than the diplomatic effort with China in Beijing.

Between 7th and 1600, no fun: Between the 7th floor of State ('shadow government') and the White House (1600) there is some degree of rancor or disagreement or just general bad mood.

Hope you're doing ok: This is an expression of affection that someone would write to someone they like.

I'm dreaming about your hot dog stand in Hawaii: Podesta had apparently talked about "oh after I retire, I'll run a hot dog stand in hawaii." Probably not serious, probably just a general metaphor for riding off into the sunset and retiring. Regardless, Stern is a bit unhappy and thinking about retiring.

However, I do imagine this could be a term for taking a paid gig at Soros's place or the Clinton Foundation or something... "Well I could always retire and run a hot dog stand in Hawaii" could be some sarcastic code phrase for getting some sinecure/payment/gig, maybe at a university or foundation of some sort. "Retiring" for half a million a year at least.

So, there you go. That's what it is about.

If you think that is a nonsense explanation, here is a Washington Post profile of Podesta from 2000, mentioning the hot dog stand in Hawaii:
John and Mary Podesta will become empty-nesters this fall as their youngest child, Gabe, enters college. "They won't have the kids around anymore," Tony Podesta said. "I think there's a reasonable prospect that John will teach or work at a think tank."

But he conceded that his brother often says--in a voice that seems only half-joking--his biggest goal after the White House is to run a hot-dog stand in Hawaii. Even that might prove too stressful for a presidential chief of staff already getting the feel of beach sand in his toes. His true goal, Tony Podesta speculated, is to run "a crazy T-shirt store on the Big Island."

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

1 month ago

Sandies wrote:
Still waiting to hear what incident happened in Sweden last night. Sweden of all places... #FAKENEWS
Fake News my ass.

Riot breaks out in the Stockholm suburb the President was ridiculed for referring to in speech about immigration dangers

Trump and The Truth about Sweden (A video by Swedish muslim born in Bosnia )

(VIDEO) "I urinate on People like you" - Migrant cuts in Line, calls Swedish Woman "a f*cking Whore"

(VIDEO) Why does have Sweden have so many jihadis? - BBC Newsnight

Ami Horowitz Documentary: Sweden is Now Europe’s Official “Rape Capital”…

(VIDEO)The FOX News Program Trump was referring to

Note: He NEVER ever fornicate NEVER said there was a terrorist attack in Sweden.. That was a lie by the real FAKE NEWS MSM

(VIDEO) Swedish Police Chief said; We can't protect our women of being raped by Islamic Refugees

(VIDEO) Muslim Migrant Attacks Mother and Children in Sweden

United Nations Rape Statistics.

Do you want more proof Sandy how wonderful the islamization of Sweden is.. I have a few hundred more links handy??
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

No one is asking for what Sweden is like. Were asking for the exact incident he was actually referring to. And dont spout shit he didnt say there was an incidcent because even his shoddy press release saying he was told there was one admitted so.

Its like arguing with Liverpool fans when it comes t Trump supporters. Delusion and diversion tactics trump (pun intended) all logic. Just like he claimed he had the biggest electoral margin ever, just like he claimed he was the first president to have his inauguration at the capitol building, just like he claimed he had record attendee figures, the guy speaks more shit and never gets pulled up on it. Hes a pathological liar and its insulting to peoples intelligence that he thinks no one picks up on it

Return to “Members Lounge”