Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st April 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Re: The console & gaming thread

1 year ago

That is true. I always download the PS+ games (2 every month). regardless if I would play it now or in the near future.

I've replaced my PS4 HD 2 months back, upgraded to 1GB. as I have big downloads from several games like Shadow of Mordor, Bloodbourne, etc.

500 GB isn't enough unless you delete your previous games. I think around 15 - 20 games would make your 500 gb full. + those PS+ games and apps (netflix, amazon prime video, hbo, etc)

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Do you have to install the games on the xbox one?

Still getting great value out of my 360. Ordered bioshock preowned off game which should be here soon. Very much looking forward to that.
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I'm on PS4 and have FIFA. So if Brent or Ste want a game let me know.
Make football fabulous again!

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Dante do you reckon I'd need to play Ground Zeroes before Phantom Pain?

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Not need, but it's worth doing so. It costs next to nothing these days as well.

For all of the knowledge on what's going on, have you played MGS 3 and Peace Walker?

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Yeah I've completed 1, 2, 3 and 4. I have Peace Walker but for some reason, never really played it.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

My brother got a PS4 recently, getting him another controller. Bought it in Game for £55 then realised I could have just got it from John Lewis for £45 with a 2 year guarantee so will get that instead or is there somewhere else I should be getting it from? Is ShopTo reliable, just seen they have it for £35?

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

£37.99 on Amazon.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

My brother got a PS4 recently, getting him another controller. Bought it in Game for £55 then realised I could have just got it from John Lewis for £45 with a 2 year guarantee so will get that instead or is there somewhere else I should be getting it from? Is ShopTo reliable, just seen they have it for £35?
Take back the Game one and get it from John Lewis. It's more than shop to and Amazon, but you have the 2 year warranty.

Shop to are charlatans I'd avoid.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I was looking forward to the FF7 remake. Apparently now it's being released in several games ala MGS V.

Will not be purchasing.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Take back the Game one and get it from John Lewis. It's more than shop to and Amazon, but you have the 2 year warranty.

Shop to are charlatans I'd avoid.
Thanks, that's what I'll do. He actually got his ps4 from shop to on Black Friday, kept telling him to get it from game but he saw the deal and went for it.
Still trying to get my head around ps4 and all the extra features, I was a big ps2 player but haven't really touched gaming since then.
Got him the new wrestling game too, though that's partly for me, are the controls the same as they were back in the day? Was pretty decent at that. Gonna try to learn Fifa over the next few months too.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

That's basically the same as me, 2005-2012 I had no console, last one was the GameCube. Going from PS1/2 where you're just used to putting the disc in and it goes to the game, to having basically an entire desktop is confusing but you get used to it quick.

All the football controls are basically the same with the exception of skill moves so I imagine it'd be the same with wrestling games.

The PS4 controller is mad, blew my head off when getting chased by police on GTA and it flashes red and blue, and when you get a phone call and it comes out through the controller lel.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

The WWE controls are similar, but not the same. They gave it an overhaul a couple of years ago, and have tinkered with it since, so You'll probably find yourself pressing the wrong thing for a bit, then it will all click into place.

The only thing that's still hard to do for me is getting out of pins and submissions, it's no longer bash the buttons as fast as you can.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

The WWE controls are similar, but not the same. They gave it an overhaul a couple of years ago, and have tinkered with it since, so You'll probably find yourself pressing the wrong thing for a bit, then it will all click into place.

The only thing that's still hard to do for me is getting out of pins and submissions, it's no longer bash the buttons as fast as you can.
And that right there, summarises how I play video games. Whether FIFA, WWE or just about anything really.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Just bought FIFA 16 and I've felt that the speed of the game became slow. Since I haven't played FIFA in several months, playing Manchester United side v Man City on Pro difficulty. I've finished the game with 0 shots. :(
My team was totally overrun by City with their passing, maybe I've felt a little bit rusty, I normally play with wingers and get a cross or cut inside. The gameplay was a bit of a change from FIFA 15.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: The console & gaming thread

1 year ago

Just bought FIFA 16 and I've felt that the speed of the game became slow. Since I haven't played FIFA in several months, playing Manchester United side v Man City on Pro difficulty. I've finished the game with 0 shots. :(
My team was totally overrun by City with their passing, maybe I've felt a little bit rusty, I normally play with wingers and get a cross or cut inside. The gameplay was a bit of a change from FIFA 15.
It didn't get slow, just adjusted to reality!

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Serves you right. Its hardly a secret PES is the better game for gameplay.

lol at buying Fifa ffs

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

PES has been shit for years, and has zero visibility these days, so actually it's a fairly well kept secret.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

All football games are shit but PES is the best one. The current one is being called the best football game ever.

I don't mind Fifa this year anyway. Oh and they're remaking MGS1, its called Shadow Moses.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

I'm playing Dream league soccer on my phone. I like it.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Shadow Moses is a fan remake. I'd be astonished if it's not taken down.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I have a demo of PES, I'll try to buy a copy once the price is a bit lower.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Are you PlayStation or Xbox?

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago