Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Gym.

Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:18 am

I find that your eating is the most important...Even if I miss a session, I make sure my eating is clean..

No carbs at night, all carbs during the day when you can burn it off. I dont keep carbs completely out my diet as you loose muscle mass coz the body is looking for energy and if you dont have carbs, it takes from your muscle, so carbs during the day (and make sure its complex carbs)

Cardio is also important when wanting to look lean...that alone with eating makse you look like you gyming without even having to lift the heavy weights. I play soccer once or twice a week which makes cardio fun

Bring Back Becks Image

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:59 am

Anyone here had to do knee reco rehab?

Had the surgery last Thursday

Turns out when they went inside they also found the meniscus completely ruptured in addition to the ACL. Surgeon could either remove it and I never do sports again but decided to stitch it back up (im not sure if this holds permanently or if ill need it to be repaired again when ive recovered but Ill find out in the post ops check up, he said something about 40% reoccurrence or success but he told me while under a world of morphine so not too sure )

This means now instead of crutches and hobbling around for 2 weeks, im on crutches for 6 weeks and my leg is not allowed to touch the ground for even a second for 5 weeks. Pretty much bed bound for 3 weeks minus pissing shitting and showering.

Its insane how boring it is, ive got everything in the world in here to keep me occupied but im losing my mind after 5 days, doesnt help the house is deserted every day 8-6 as we
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Nov 11, 2015 10:11 am

My Uncle went in for similar surgery (twice). Had to adhere to the rehab instructions, but afterwards was able to walk normally and even play sports..he does suffer some tweaks here and there (after a golf day or some casual soccer), but generally okay

Suck it up and follow all instructions and it will be worth it in the end..
Bring Back Becks Image

t.d.
International Player
International Player

Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:33 am

I find that your eating is the most important...Even if I miss a session, I make sure my eating is clean..

No carbs at night, all carbs during the day when you can burn it off. I dont keep carbs completely out my diet as you loose muscle mass coz the body is looking for energy and if you dont have carbs, it takes from your muscle, so carbs during the day (and make sure its complex carbs)

Cardio is also important when wanting to look lean...that alone with eating makse you look like you gyming without even having to lift the heavy weights. I play soccer once or twice a week which makes cardio fun
It makes absolutely no difference when you eat your carbs. You don't lose muscle mass if you don't eat any carbs. This is physiologically not possible. You want to preserve and build muscle mass? Then eat protein. I think I get what you're trying to say but here's the thing: if you don't eat carbs then you should be eating more fat, which will be your main source of energy (which happens to be better, cleaner, more efficient for your body than sugar). If you don't eat more fat for energy then your body will look to 'create' sugar by using glycogen (stored sugar in muscle) through the process known as gluconeogenesis. But, so long as your protein consumption is at the required level, you still won't lose muscle mass regardless.

Weight lifting > cardio
Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks for the info
Bring Back Becks Image

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:22 am

I've signed up for a half marathon. I'm gonna be fit as fornicate lads.
How long to go until you run it and are you going to train for it? I remember you said you had gotten rather rotund recently I think.
It's in January. I have been training for it, found a training schedule online and have been sticking to it fairly well. I'm up to ten miles now on my long runs so it's going ok. Being able to run home from work helps.

I'm still rather rotund despite my training. For two reasons really. I have not changed my diet one bit. I don't eat terribly unhealthily but I eat and drink too much. Also I've not been great about strength training and cross training. I'm hoping to gradually improve in these areas though and am happy for now that I actually stuck to this and will be fine running it in a few weeks.

I'll take it from there then.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 am

Hey guys! Can we bring this thread back to life? lol

Return to “Members Lounge”