Next Match: Image
Burnley in the Premier League.
Sunday 23rd April 2017, KO 14:15 BST.
t.d.
International Player
International Player

Gym.

1 year ago

Can't find the old thread through the search function so thought I'd create another one.

You guys been going much lately? I haven't been in ages but I went on Monday and yesterday, will go again tomorrow.

Eating healthily etc as well, but haven't been for a little while. Getting back on track.

Break up the Union.

“Physics is to maths what sex is to masturbation.”
― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Re: Gym.

1 year ago

Been lifting and feeling it in my arms but my diet is poor. I do plenty of exersize though
100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

1 year ago

By poor I mean probably too much carbs buy plenty of protein and veg. I really enjoy veg at the moment
100% Top Red

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

Cancelled my membership. Wasn't going enough. Trying to get back into 5 a-side.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Can't find the old thread through the search function so thought I'd create another one.

You guys been going much lately? I haven't been in ages but I went on Monday and yesterday, will go again tomorrow.

Eating healthily etc as well, but haven't been for a little while. Getting back on track.
Never a fans of the gym. You still eat paleo diet?

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

By poor I mean probably too much carbs buy plenty of protein and veg. I really enjoy veg at the moment
Same here. Veg is great, it's probably taking up 3/4 of my plate currently.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Marcus - yes and no. Haven't been consistent enough with it, but this week I've been doing it properly. Honest.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Marcus - yes and no. Haven't been consistent enough with it, but this week I've been doing it properly. Honest.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

1 year ago

I tried a gym membership once but I'm too lazy to make myself go.

I've become a fat birth canal recently and so set myself a goal of exercising 25 days in a row with a few rest days when needed. It's gone quite well so far and out of 21 days I've exercised 16 times. I'm just going on runs or following videos from the internet.

It's been a better strategy for me to just make it part of my day everyday rather than saying I'll do it three times a week cause that way I always put it off.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Exercising can seem like a chore at times. I always lack consistency during the first month because - and I hate to use this term - 'gains' are not so apparent, and it seems like a fruitless venture.

Unlike work, working out isn't mandatory, so it's all too easy to skip a few days or a week. Lack of consistency has been my downfall for sure. I suppose I just need to grow up, Mushy.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I've exercised daily for the last 8 years. It's the only way. Don't take breaks, they fornicate you up.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Yeah I'm starting to believe this. I've found it much easier when I think I have to do it every day. I'm still a fat birth canal though but I suppose it takes more than 3 weeks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Yeah I'm starting to believe this. I've found it much easier when I think I have to do it every day. I'm still a fat birth canal though but I suppose it takes more than 3 weeks.
Sprained my ankle the other day and couldn't run for two days. Restless legs actually get me upset emotionally, it's the worst type of ache. I tear up in frustration if I can't exercise daily, it's actually physically uncomfortable.

If you take a day off and it feels worse than the exercising burn, that's when you've turned the corner and it's just a matter of time until you see results. I'd give it another month and you'll probably really notice it then.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

What and when you do it Tom?

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Yeah I'm starting to enjoy it and also keep it varied. Just downloaded a run tracker to see how slow I am.

To be fair I need to sort my diet too. Have made some changes but still eat too much.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

What and when you do it Tom?
I run most mornings, the ones I don't I'm on the exercise bike for some of the evening, normally while I'm watching shite on the TV. I also lift, but mainly at weekends and with crunches and push ups only during the week so I don't overdo it.

I can go days without upper body, I have to be really strict with myself to keep it up, but not cardio, when my legs get restless I can't cope with it at all. And it's better if I can get that run in the mornings, the bike is okay but it's just not as good as running.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

You got restless leg syndrome? I have that real bad, really severe. Have you tried taking iron supplements? Sorts it right out.
HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

You got restless leg syndrome? I have that real bad, really severe. Have you tried taking iron supplements? Sorts it right out.
I haven't but thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Although that could end up being a bad thing.

Maverick McKillshark
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Just one tablet a day.

The leading theory on the cause of RLS is that the receptors in the brain which absorb iron from the blood don't work efficiently. It's a neurological condition. You don't have an iron deficiency, but by increasing the level of iron in your blood you can assist these neural receptors in taking up a sufficient amount of iron, thus curing your restless leg. It's not without risk though as too much iron can be bad for your liver. Just one tablet a day though is fine; I discussed it with my doctor and he said that if it relieves the symptoms of RLS then it's worth taking on the extra iron. He offered to prescribe me the tablets but suggested also that prescription strength might be overkill so I'd probably be better off with just shop bought supplements.
HP Sauce salesman of the month January, May, June 2015

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I've found that magnesium works wonders with RLS, which figures given that it's important in proper nervous system function.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I haven't but thanks for the tip, I'll try that. Although that could end up being a bad thing.
Just eat some organ meat and red meat, you'll get enough iron then which is better absorbed than supplements.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

How far do you usually run Tom?

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Ydrah.Tom
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Not far, just a mile or two. Depends how much I've got in the tank at the time.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

1 year ago

My cardio at the moment I'd dreadful. I noticed I was short of breath after giving my mate a push start, albeit he stalled a few times, I was pretty blown out. I lift once in a while, I actually walk a fair bit if I have time, like probably two or three times a week I'll walk to and from work if it's a nice day and my schedule permits. I've seen people out running and have sometime thought about doing it myself but firstly my shin splints would be havoc unless I get some decent insoles, but even then I'm insure if I would be OK. But secondly I have no idea how far I can run without blowing out. When I was in training, I could do around ten miles beach running across sandy dunes and through the sea, but I haven't run in such a long time I'd be a bit anxious not to look a fat birth canal who can't run
100% Top Red

t.d.
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Try a jog/walk routine where you run for 30s and walk for 60s. Or just plain, old fashioned walking.

Walking is very underrated in the cardio 'world'. It's a great base to build upon. Start by walking 30-60 minutes a day for a couple of weeks then split it by incorporating some light jogs, for example; walk for 5-10 minutes then start a light jog for a minute or two.

I would suggest the second one because it's less taxing to begin with.
Break up the Union.

― Richard P. Feynman.

x(t) = Asin(ωt + φ)

Return to “Members Lounge”