Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Celebrity Deaths

Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:29 pm

Been quite a few this year so far.
Just been announced cilla black died as well. Thought I would make a thread like this instead of clogging other threads or creating a thread for every significant death.

Dante will be aware two very well known wrestling legends, Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes died recently too. Wrestlers seem to die young.

Who has been the biggest death this year?

100% Top Red

The Gunslinger
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Celebrity Deaths

Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Easy. Leonard Nimoy.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:14 pm

There have indeed been wrestlers who have died young, but in this case not really. Dusty was 69, and Piper was 61. Very sad all the same though.

phpBB [video]

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:26 pm

They were young compared to the average person. Dusty had look Ill for a bit though
100% Top Red

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:08 pm

61 is young to die. Average life expectancy for blokes is about mid 70s.

Wrestlers die young because they inject roids into their arse cheeks six times a day.
Make football fabulous again!

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:53 pm

If you think Dusty Rhodes had the physique of someone who was juicing...

In regards to Piper, its far more likely that decades of alcohol, cocaine and pain medication were at fault than steroids. His battles with cancer probably didn't help either.

I think the thing people don't realise about pro wrestling is the intense toll it takes on peoples bodies. These guys can have 200+ matches in a year. They are traveling for upwards of 300 days of the year. As the old saying goes, "It ain't ballet". Even without steroids, that can't really be healthy for you.

The lifestyle has changed a lot since the early 2000's, and drugs have mostly gone from it, at WWE at any rate. TNA's testing is a complete joke. Alcohol is still a pretty big part for a lot of the guys though, and addiction to painkillers is an ever present danger.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Yeah I've read quite a lot about wrestlers deaths and habits way back when. Most used to use drugs to get them up for a match/event then use alcohol to wind down then topped up on painkillers to get their bodies through so much physical activity with no rest. Add steroids into that mix because vince mcmahon had a big guy fetish, and you have a cocktail for early death.
100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:20 am

So off the top of my head, between the start of the year and now we've had

Prince
Ronnie Corbet
David Bowie
Victoria Wood
Alan Rickman
Sir Terry Wogan
David Gest
Paul Daniels
Frank Kelly

Any more? I'm kinda just putting it down to the fact that there's so many famous people these days and they're getting old tbh. In 20 years or so time it will be a couple a day and it won't even make register anymore.
Just have a think about the number of people you'll have heard of be it sports, singers, TV personalities, actors etc. Was thinking about it today and the number of people I would consider famous/well known is staggering
100% Top Red

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:22 pm

I read an article earlier that 37 celebrities have passed away so far this year - the previous post are the most famous of those......John Cruyff is another

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-36108133

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/663 ... -year-ever
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 23, 2016 1:14 am

So off the top of my head, between the start of the year and now we've had

Prince
Ronnie Corbet
David Bowie
Victoria Wood
Alan Rickman
Sir Terry Wogan
David Gest
Paul Daniels
Frank Kelly

Any more? I'm kinda just putting it down to the fact that there's so many famous people these days and they're getting old tbh. In 20 years or so time it will be a couple a day and it won't even make register anymore.
Just have a think about the number of people you'll have heard of be it sports, singers, TV personalities, actors etc. Was thinking about it today and the number of people I would consider famous/well known is staggering
Yeh, Johann Cruyff & Phife Dawg.

I can't believe Prince has died, the rumours of how he died make me sad also. Two of my musical heroes gone within months. Andre 3000 is the only one left.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:24 pm

What are the rumours?
"Make America Great Again!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:11 pm

What are the rumours?
Prince was a Jehovahs Witness right. The rumours are that he was actually HIV positive after being diagnosed in the 90s, he thought God had cured him so he stopped taking his meds and deteriorated. And once you've started to have symptoms of AIDS you're pretty much on your death bed sadly.

There was an article leaked a week or so back talking about a world famous African American who is dying of AIDS and it's clearly talking about Prince.

I think it's true but we will wait and see. Drug overdose doesn't make sense to me as I know Prince was dead against drinking and drugs and was very health conscious.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:30 pm

I heard he was an outspoken critic of chemtrails and was taken out by the Illuminati. Seems a bit of a stretch to me though. Although Merle Haggard was too and died similarly two weeks before.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:54 pm

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Celebrity Deaths

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:10 pm

What are the rumours?
Prince was a Jehovahs Witness right. The rumours are that he was actually HIV positive after being diagnosed in the 90s, he thought God had cured him so he stopped taking his meds and deteriorated. And once you've started to have symptoms of AIDS you're pretty much on your death bed sadly.

There was an article leaked a week or so back talking about a world famous African American who is dying of AIDS and it's clearly talking about Prince.

I think it's true but we will wait and see. Drug overdose doesn't make sense to me as I know Prince was dead against drinking and drugs and was very health conscious.
If he had AIDS is 90s, meaning he lasted 20 years with AIDS. That's good.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:20 pm

Yeah, although HIV and AIDS are not the same thing. HIV is the virus, AIDS is a collective term for the illnesses the virus causes.

Being HIV positive is no big deal if you live in a western country and have access to the meds. The worst thing about it these days is mainly the social stigma of being HIV+ and inconveniences when it comes to shit like dating.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:04 pm

Can't tell if you're taking the piss or not.
I don't believe it per se.... But when two people who are outspoken about a conspiracy theory both die in a short period of time , somewhat mysteriously, it does raise some questions.

I tend to believe a lot of stuff mainstream sheeple would call conspiracy theories, but chemtrails isn't one of them.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:36 am

This is why Prince was killed, he was the source of the leak.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNS4lecOaAc

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:44 am

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-n ... re-7847295
Music icon Prince was “preparing to die for a little while” after being diagnosed with AIDS, according to reports in the US.

A music industry source interviewed by The National Enquirer messaged friends on April 19 to say the singer was suffering from the disease.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:48 pm

The National Enquirer isn't known as a bastion of truth and integrity, in fact the opposite is the case. The majority of their sales come from supermarket checkout lines where a headline grabbing lead will cause people to pick up a copy. If there is any truth in any of their stories hat's usually an accident.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:02 pm

The National Enquirer isn't known as a bastion of truth and integrity, in fact the opposite is the case. The majority of their sales come from supermarket checkout lines where a headline grabbing lead will cause people to pick up a copy. If there is any truth in any of their stories hat's usually an accident.
I didn't say it was. And there is more than one source.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:29 am

I didn't say it was. And there is more than one source.
I guess the National Enquirer has something going for it because they have one of the largest circulation in America.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:21 am

Thought I would open this up again as theirs been a few recently
Kimbo slice just died too
100% Top Red

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee
Call Me: Rumpole

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:04 pm

Everybody talks about how much of a badass he was. The only thing I saw of him was losing in the Ultimate Fighter tv show because a fat guy laid on his head
LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:49 pm

Everybody talks about how much of a badass he was. The only thing I saw of him was losing in the Ultimate Fighter tv show because a fat guy laid on his head
He was a yob with very little skill or understanding of how to fight compared to the actual pros and made his name fighting even less skilled yobs in back gardens and car parks at a time when YouTube was taking off so easier to 'go viral'.

RIP tho

Return to “Members Lounge”