Hockey legend Gordie Howie has passed away at 88

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Re: Celebrity Deaths

1 year ago

Gordie Howe is a name synonymous with ice hockey, Mr Hockey.

RIP
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Celebrity Deaths

1 year ago

Everybody talks about how much of a badass he was. The only thing I saw of him was losing in the Ultimate Fighter tv show because a fat guy laid on his head
He was a yob with very little skill or understanding of how to fight compared to the actual pros and made his name fighting even less skilled yobs in back gardens and car parks at a time when YouTube was taking off so easier to 'go viral'.

RIP tho
Not referring to you but why everyone suddenly show respect when someone die? Not that they care when that person is still alive.

When an asshole die, he is still an asshole.
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

5 months ago

What a fitting end to a year unrivaled in the count of celebrity deaths (though, you never know, it's almost a week left)!

The passing of George Michael has just been announced by his publicist.

The man who wrote Last Christmas gone on Christmas Day. Life can be funny...

R.I.P. George! An unbelievable artist!
UNITED > ENGLAND

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

5 months ago

I went out for a beer on xmas eve when I found Rick parfitt had died and I said to my mate there's gonna be another huge one before the end of the year. 2016 though. fornicate hell
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

5 months ago

What a fitting end to a year unrivaled in the count of celebrity deaths (though, you never know, it's almost a week left)!

Bloody hell, Princess Leia!

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

5 months ago

Everybody talks about how much of a badass he was. The only thing I saw of him was losing in the Ultimate Fighter tv show because a fat guy laid on his head
He was a yob with very little skill or understanding of how to fight compared to the actual pros and made his name fighting even less skilled yobs in back gardens and car parks at a time when YouTube was taking off so easier to 'go viral'.

RIP tho
Not referring to you but why everyone suddenly show respect when someone die? Not that they care when that person is still alive.

I get what you're saying. People are put on a pedestal when they die. Facebook is full of it. People want association with someone who has died for some reason.
At the same time I guess I may be guilty of giving a little more respect for someone once they're dead. I don't particularly like talking ill of the dead. Once they're dead that's it. Just let it be
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

5 months ago

Bloody hell, Princess Leia!
Not only her but also her mother. The day after the day the actress passed away. Sad...
UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

5 months ago

RIP tho

I get what you're saying. People are put on a pedestal when they die. Facebook is full of it. People want association with someone who has died for some reason.
At the same time I guess I may be guilty of giving a little more respect for someone once they're dead. I don't particularly like talking ill of the dead. Once they're dead that's it. Just let it be
I never knew there were so many fans of Prince until he died. I would say I'm quite informed when it comes to music in general but that's cos I've gone out of my way to try and find it (some might remember the thread I made about five years ago where I wanted 100 album recs), and even I had only heard about three tracks of his before looking into the discog a couple of years ago because he made it very difficult to access it, so I've got no idea how so many people my age were familiar with him. I'm pretty sure most people under 30 would struggle to name five tracks he made.

I dunno why people do it, it's OK to not be aware of someone's legacy or greatness, it's not a crime. Like me with Robin Williams, never saw much of his work, so didn't give a shit tbh.
Make football fabulous again!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Celebrity Deaths

5 months ago

I never knew there were so many fans of Prince until he died. I would say I'm quite informed when it comes to music in general but that's cos I've gone out of my way to try and find it (some might remember the thread I made about five years ago where I wanted 100 album recs), and even I had only heard about three tracks of his before looking into the discog a couple of years ago because he made it very difficult to access it, so I've got no idea how so many people my age were familiar with him. I'm pretty sure most people under 30 would struggle to name five tracks he made.

I dunno why people do it, it's OK to not be aware of someone's legacy or greatness, it's not a crime. Like me with Robin Williams, never saw much of his work, so didn't give a shit tbh.
I don't really understand too. Probably religion played a role, they are in a "better place" now,so no thrash talking someone in heaven.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

5 months ago

I have genuinely never met a Prince fan and literally like a week or so before he died I was having a conversation about him, asking who does he even appeal to, what's his audience because I have never heard of any of his fans and I have no idea who they would be.

Personnally I thought his music was beyond terrible, but that's just a personal opinion, art is subjective.
"Make America Great Again!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

5 months ago

He appeals to fans of Funk, Pop, RnB & Rock.
Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

1 month ago

Sir Roger Moore.
100% Top Red

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

It's from last week but still hurting: Chris Cornell. :rip:
UNITED > ENGLAND

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Aye, the Chris Cornell one is quite shocking. Sad to hear about Roger Moore, but "89 year old man dies" is rather more expected.

Hanging yourself at 52, when you are seemingly on top of the world is awful. A reminder for anyone that the mental health thread is there if you're struggling, and I'm always open to PM's.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Absolutely brilliant. Great memory Dante.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 week ago

RIP to batman, Adam west

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 week ago

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 week ago

No true in the rumor that when Batman is broke he turns to Robin.

RIP (f)

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

1 week ago

Adam West RIP :(

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 week ago