Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Terrorism

1 year ago

There is one man with a solution.
If his "solution" is to stop muslims entering the country, then that is not a "solution", because this was an American born citizen implementing his second amendment rights.

If his solution includes gun control that prohibits a known terrorist, 3 times investigated by the FBI for terrorist links from free access to a gun, then im all for it
So this afghan muslim's routes trace back to the mayflower?
I didn't realise that Trumps unconstitutional, unimplementable and unworkable plan to ban muslims from entering the US also involved Delorians.

Seriously, if anyone comes to a conclusion about what needs to be done to prevent things like this in future that doesn't involve gun control they are a frothing loon.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 year ago

In Canada you can get almost any gun you can get in the US, with just completing a somewhat harder process. Although from the sounds of it this guy would have no problem passing that process in Canada. And Canada doesn't have anywhere near the amount of these situations, reason being Canada isn't the prime target for these people like the US is.

I do agree things can be done to make getting guns somewhat more difficult, but you will never take guns away from Americans. The right to gun ownership represents the kind of principles the country was founded on. Anyone who thinks surrendering all guns and means of defense, only to allow the government to have all the power and all the control is the fool.
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

If his "solution" is to stop muslims entering the country, then that is not a "solution", because this was an American born citizen implementing his second amendment rights.

If his solution includes gun control that prohibits a known terrorist, 3 times investigated by the FBI for terrorist links from free access to a gun, then im all for it
So this afghan muslim's routes trace back to the mayflower?
I didn't realise that Trumps unconstitutional, unimplementable and unworkable plan to ban muslims from entering the US also involved Delorians.

Seriously, if anyone comes to a conclusion about what needs to be done to prevent things like this in future that doesn't involve gun control they are a frothing loon.
It can be done, it just involves a lot of parties working together, POTUS, congress, supreme court. At the end of the day, if there is that much support for this, and there is more support than not and even more after this weekend, then why would any muslims even want to go to a country that they are not welcome?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

1 year ago

This ttack was a gift to Trump. Drives his anti muslim agenda and his supporters are already homophobic rednecks

You forgot racist as well
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 year ago

It can be done, it just involves a lot of parties working together, POTUS, congress, supreme court. At the end of the day, if there is that much support for this, and there is more support than not and even more after this weekend, then why would any muslims even want to go to a country that they are not welcome?
I think you are totally misreading the situation. There will be little or no gun control in America while Congress and the Senate are controlled by the NRA Republicans. They have been bought and paid for many times over. There is nowhere near the support for Trumps plan of banning Muslims (or building his WALL) that you think there is, even among Trump own party. I live in Arizona, one of the most conservative states in America, most of my friends and neighbors are life long republican and this election they will be taking a seat and voting for neither candidate. Trumps rave and rant might be encouraging some of his initial followers but most republican he is an embarrassment.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

1 year ago

rumps rave and rant might be encouraging some of his initial followers but most republican he is an embarrassment.
I find it difficult to comprehend that all those people who voted for Bush Jr. TWICE. are somehow embarrassed by Trump.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

In Canada you can get almost any gun you can get in the US, with just completing a somewhat harder process. Although from the sounds of it this guy would have no problem passing that process in Canada. And Canada doesn't have anywhere near the amount of these situations, reason being Canada isn't the prime target for these people like the US is.

Im interested what you mean by "these" people. The issue of gun control is relevant to mass shooting and not muslim islamic attacks. The majority of these attacks are performed by white Americans. You can associate the right to guns with freedom all you like, but who has more freedom. A man who can buy a gun when he wants, or kids who can go to the movies or a club whenever they like without the fear of a psychopath entering to shoot up the place

This Orlando attack is looking more and more like one of these attacks where a gay psychopath couldnt handle the fact he was gay himself and shot up a club in response to his own self hatred. Nothing his god could do for him
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Terrorism

1 year ago

Please state it clearly what is this man's solution?
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I think you are totally misreading the situation. There will be little or no gun control in America while Congress and the Senate are controlled by the NRA Republicans. They have been bought and paid for many times over. There is nowhere near the support for Trumps plan of banning Muslims (or building his WALL) that you think there is, even among Trump own party. I live in Arizona, one of the most conservative states in America, most of my friends and neighbors are life long republican and this election they will be taking a seat and voting for neither candidate. Trumps rave and rant might be encouraging some of his initial followers but most republican he is an embarrassment.
He received more votes in the republican primaries than any candidate ever, and by quite some distance, but you're right, no one likes him.

In a poll done by The Washington post in Dec showed 59% of Republicans support the ban, 39% of Americans all together. And I am sure with each one of these incidents those numbers go up. I have a feeling as well a lot more people might support this quietly to themselves, just afraid to verbalize it for fear of PC backlash.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Im interested what you mean by "these" people. The issue of gun control is relevant to mass shooting and not muslim islamic attacks. The majority of these attacks are performed by white Americans. You can associate the right to guns with freedom all you like, but who has more freedom. A man who can buy a gun when he wants, or kids who can go to the movies or a club whenever they like without the fear of a psychopath entering to shoot up the place

This Orlando attack is looking more and more like one of these attacks where a gay psychopath couldnt handle the fact he was gay himself and shot up a club in response to his own self hatred. Nothing his god could do for him
Radical Islamic terrorist, what the fornicate else would I mean? I am not afraid to say it like that pussy Obama.

This is not a case of a mass shooting by some disgruntled ex employee. This is a guy who was born to a Afghan family and brought up a muslim. A former co-worker complained about his anger and hate speech, saying he would go on racist, homophobic, hate filled rants, but when he brought it up to his employers they were afraid to do anything because he was Muslim and they didn't want to look racist. His father openly supports the Taliban with his TV show and although his father made some bullshit comments about this not being about religion, he followed it up by saying homosexuals will be punished by god. The Imam from his mosque says that "everyone knows the punishment for homosexuality, its death" (sic) Please tell me how this doesn't show that these were views engrained in him by his religion.
Last edited by Relly on Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

A TEMPORARY halt to immigration from Islamic countries until they can figure out a way of properly vetting people and ensuring they are coming to the US for the right reasons.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Terrorism

1 year ago

A TEMPORARY halt to immigration from Islamic countries until they can figure out a way of properly vetting people and ensuring they are coming to the US for the right reasons.
You think that will work because....?

Are you aware about the current process to enter USA?

In Malaysia, we have to declare our assets and go for background check just to get visa for vacation in USA. Still not good enough?

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

If the Mayor of London is being granted an exception, then either the UK is considered to be an Islamic country, or the policy isn't that, but rather a ban on Muslims.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

This is not a case of a mass shooting by some disgruntled ex employee. This is a guy who was born to a Afghan family and brought up a muslim. A former co-worker complained about his anger and hate speech, saying he would go on racist, homophobic, hate filled rants, but when he brought it up to his employers they were afraid to do anything because he was Muslim and they didn't want to look racist. His father openly supports the Taliban with his TV show and although his father made some bullshit comments about this not being about religion, he followed it up by saying homosexuals will be punished by god. The Imam from his mosque says that "everyone knows the punishment for homosexuality, its death" (sic) Please tell me how this doesn't show that these were views engrained in him by his religion.
Agree with this. Islam really needs to sort out its issues with homophobia. This cannot go on.
Make football fabulous again!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Agree with this. Islam really needs to sort out its issues with homophobia. This cannot go on.
What about Christian terrorism?
. In November 2015, Robert Lewis Dear killedthree and injured nine at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado.[119] Dear voiced on several occasions his support for radical Christian views and interpretations of the Bible, and praised people who attacked abortion providers, saying they were doing "God's work." He also described members of the Army of God, a loosely organized group of anti-abortion Christian extremists that has claimed responsibility for a number of killings and bombings, as heroes.[120] In May 1991, Dear was arrested and convicted in Charleston, for the unlawful carrying of a "long blade knife" and illegal possession of a loaded gun.[121] A woman who was married to Dear from 1985 to 1993 told NBC News that Dear had targeted a Planned Parenthood clinic before, by putting glue on its locks, and had a history of violent behavior. In the court document for their 1993 divorce, his ex-wife said, "He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions. He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Religion as a whole needs to sort out it's issues with homophobia.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

It's not as commonplace as Islamic terrorism.

And I'm not talking about terrorism anyway, I'm talking about Muslim communities and homophobia. A majority of British Muslims want homosexuality made illegal (52%).

And before someone points it out :yawn: yes there are other groups who have problems with homophobia (parts of Africa/Uganda kill the gays law, the Caribbean, American Christian nutters etc), doesn't make what I said untrue.
Make football fabulous again!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

. In November 2015, Robert Lewis Dear killedthree and injured nine at the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs, Colorado.[119] Dear voiced on several occasions his support for radical Christian views and interpretations of the Bible, and praised people who attacked abortion providers, saying they were doing "God's work." He also described members of the Army of God, a loosely organized group of anti-abortion Christian extremists that has claimed responsibility for a number of killings and bombings, as heroes.[120] In May 1991, Dear was arrested and convicted in Charleston, for the unlawful carrying of a "long blade knife" and illegal possession of a loaded gun.[121] A woman who was married to Dear from 1985 to 1993 told NBC News that Dear had targeted a Planned Parenthood clinic before, by putting glue on its locks, and had a history of violent behavior. In the court document for their 1993 divorce, his ex-wife said, "He claims to be a Christian and is extremely evangelistic, but does not follow the Bible in his actions. He says that as long as he believes he will be saved, he can do whatever he pleases. He is obsessed with the world coming to an end."
you found one incident, that almost equals the thousands of incidents of terror done in the name of islam, check out this list;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... st_attacks

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Religion as a whole needs to disappear, it serves no purpose anymore and is the source of a lot of conflict in the world.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Religion as a whole needs to disappear, it serves no purpose anymore and is the source of a lot of conflict in the world.
Not going to happen. It is the best tool to control large group of people.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Terrorism

1 year ago

you found one incident, that almost equals the thousands of incidents of terror done in the name of islam, check out this list;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_I ... st_attacks
3maybe 4 of it involve USA. Compare 4 with the number of mass shooting.

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee
Call Me: Rumpole

1 year ago

British MP Jo Cox dies after being shot 3 times outside her constituency surgery. Suspect has mental health issues, and some reports say he was shouting "put Britain first", although others dispute that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36560895
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36558603
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36558386

A mother to 2 young children, and a woman who by all accounts was a genuine, caring person who truly wanted to help her constituents. She is a real loss to politics.

It's a strange mood at the moment. We all want to keep on doing our jobs, but we keep being reminded of the risks that we are put under being so open to the public.
LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

British MP Jo Cox dies after being shot 3 times outside her constituency surgery. Suspect has mental health issues, and some reports say he was shouting "put Britain first", although others dispute that.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-36560895
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36558603
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36558386

A mother to 2 young children, and a woman who by all accounts was a genuine, caring person who truly wanted to help her constituents. She is a real loss to politics.

It's a strange mood at the moment. We all want to keep on doing our jobs, but we keep being reminded of the risks that we are put under being so open to the public.

That is terrible. RIP.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Guy who killed Jo Cox gave his name as "Death to traitors, freedom for Britain" in court today.

Return to “Members Lounge”