Real Madrid in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Sunday 23rd July 2017, KO 22:00 BST.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Re: Terrorism

3 months ago

I've never come across that. My muslim co-workers are no different to any of the others in that respect.

And yes, whilst Islam might be a quarter of the worlds population, Wahhabism is 0.5% of that.
I can't tell if you are being serious here. Are you saying only wahhabists promote terror? Now I personally believe that Saudi Arabia is the largest state sponsor of terror, but Iran is usually identified as that country and they don't believe in wahhabism.

"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

3 months ago

No I'm not saying that only Wahabists promote terror. Nothing is ever that simple. However, Wahhabi organisations were identified by the European Parliament as a major source of Islamic terror throughout the world. And as I said, when you speak about Islam, it sounds very much like you are referring to that specific offshoot.

There are of course others, much like Christianity has loads. But the fundamentalists in both are a minority.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

3 months ago

Roadside bombs going off and injurying Dortmund players, Anderlecht having to ensure Manchester United about extra security in place for a game in Belgium and the left still pushes for mass immigration and calls anyone opposed racist.

Dante
Referee
Referee

3 months ago

You're only racist if you oppose it in a racist way, like Gerard Batten.

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee
Call Me: Rumpole

3 months ago

So turns out the bombs were placed by far-right Germans, not mulsims
LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

3 months ago

I don't think they have figured out who it was yet. Funny how you haven't posted in months but feel the need to come on here and cheer that for the first time in years a bomb that went off might not have been muslims.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Attacked in Manchester...everyone ok?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Oranje
Reserve
Reserve

2 months ago

Horrible news.. attacking teenage boys and girls at a concert, sickening.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Awful and horrific. Thoughts and prayers to all the family and friends of those affected. Hope everyone on this forum wasn't caught up in it. very sad (l) (l)
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Everyone I know who was there appears to be safe thankfully. Wonderful message on Twitter from Dave Haslam:
You've got the wrong city if you think hate will tear us apart.
There is a vigil at 6PM at Albert Square for anyone who wants to go down.

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

There is a Just Giving page started for the families affected if anyone wishes to donate.

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Housemate has just come back from band practice, at practice their singer found out that his sister is one of the dead.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

2 months ago

Housemate has just come back from band practice, at practice their singer found out that his sister is one of the dead.
Wonder if the singer feels that " Hate will never tear us appart"..

Terrorist have already won.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Horrible

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

And the cultural enrichment continues in full swing.

Watch them saying that this "incident/s" has nothing to do with Islam.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Thanks your president for arming them too.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

You don't know that it does as it hasn't been confirmed yet.

These sorts of posts and point scoring don't win people over to your side of the argument.

I'll wait for more information before I post again.
Make football fabulous again!

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

Yo Martin. You are right bro. London police is not sure yet if they were Buddhist , Catholic or Greek orthodox religious extremists

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

1 month ago

Any terror attacks are terrible but this is showing now we need to do something to combat this. Two attacks in such short spaces of time. We cannot tolerate this any longer.
100% Top Red

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Any terror attacks are terrible but this is showing now we need to do something to combat this. Two attacks in such short spaces of time. We cannot tolerate this any longer.
But the question is what do we do? This happens and people say the Muslim community should report these guys, but if you look at the Manchester terrorist, the community reported him a number of times over the last few years so what is it that we can change? That's a difficult one for whoever will be PM on Thursday. We need to give police the funding to investigate these people that are being reported as they don't have the resources to cope with that.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

The danger is that it may lead to "something must be done, this is something, therefore it must be done".

The reality is, that is people want to commit acts of terror, especially one like this one which simply involved driving a van and stabbing people, there is a good chance they will be able to, unless you curtail the freedoms that you claim to uphold.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 month ago

It's alright saying you need to give the police more funding but police offers were cut in record numbers by the Home Secretary over the past few years (despite warnings that it would leave them short.

Now that the Home Secretary is Prime Minister, it's a bit fornicate meaninglessness now to say you'll put more police on the streets.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Yo Martin. You are right bro. London police is not sure yet if they were Buddhist , Catholic or Greek orthodox religious extremists
I'm no apologist (go and see my earlier posts if you want evidence of that) but when I made that post we knew nothing about the attackers. Quite often when something like this happens, it's used as an opportunity to point score (on both sides) and quite often the people doing it have very little else to contribute to the discussion.

A guy from the police (can't remember who, looked like a senior figure) outright saying the government is lying about cuts and about there being extra police. Pretty much said what Tom posted on here after the 2015 election. They're having to do more with less.
Make football fabulous again!

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Presumebly you mean Ian Payne, who is a former Chief Inspector of the Met.

He's right. There are less officers, and May was repeatedly warned as Home Secretary that this put the public at risk, which she ignored. Services are stretched very thin, well past breaking point.

It's all very well saying that the job of the police is changing, but if there aren't enough bodies to do that job, there are going to be problems. Would more numbers have stopped this attack? We'll never know, though I think it unlikely. Without the resources and manpower though, it's always going to be a losing battle.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Thanks your president for arming them too.
Ivan has a Prime Minister. But I assume you were mistaking him for American? In which case you are right , Obama did fund, arm and train ISIS.

Return to “Members Lounge”