Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Brexit

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 am

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:I get that some ppl voted as a fornicate you to the EU politicians but this is bloody ridiculous, they didn't think about the implications, this is my future and the majority of 18-25s voted in, older people who this won't affect much going forward voted out. London had the majority of migrants yet we voted in, it's places that had a very small amount of migrants listened to the scare stories and voted out. Well done UK, we have a very tough few years ahead of us, what ever happens now the UK needs to find a way to get back together and recover but with Cameron resigning, Corbyn having a no confidence vote and Scotland wanting to leave this is gonna be a tough ask to stay united.
Only a third of all 18-25's eligible to vote could be bothered to get up off their lazy arses and put a cross on a piece of paper.
You can't blame the result on the older generation because of the apathy of a large number of young people.

The referendum was about all the British people.It's called democracy.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:37 am

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:11 am

Martin wrote:How do you get dual nationality? What is required?
It depends on the country. It's Ireland for me, which is automatic if you have an Irish parent, or applied for if you have an Irish grandparent.

If your family is all from the UK, you'd have to move somewhere, and become a naturalised citizen.
Ole wrote:I didn't know you had dual nationality?
It's never really meant anything much until now. As a kid, I did always dream of playing football for Ireland, and not England, and I'd always pick an Irish player to be when we were playing, except when I was in goal, then for some reason that was Taffarel.

I'm now seriously looking at leaving the UK. Where that will be to go, I'm not yet sure.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:49 am

Dante wrote:It depends on the country. It's Ireland for me, which is automatic if you have an Irish parent, or applied for if you have an Irish grandparent.

If your family is all from the UK, you'd have to move somewhere, and become a naturalised citizen.
My mom's dad is from the Republic of Ireland also, so I'm guessing I can apply?
Make football fabulous again!

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:55 am

Kinnell wrote:
Carrick 5 Gerrard 0 wrote:I get that some ppl voted as a fornicate you to the EU politicians but this is bloody ridiculous, they didn't think about the implications, this is my future and the majority of 18-25s voted in, older people who this won't affect much going forward voted out. London had the majority of migrants yet we voted in, it's places that had a very small amount of migrants listened to the scare stories and voted out. Well done UK, we have a very tough few years ahead of us, what ever happens now the UK needs to find a way to get back together and recover but with Cameron resigning, Corbyn having a no confidence vote and Scotland wanting to leave this is gonna be a tough ask to stay united.
Only a third of all 18-25's eligible to vote could be bothered to get up off their lazy arses and put a cross on a piece of paper.
You can't blame the result on the older generation because of the apathy of a large number of young people.

The referendum was about all the British people.It's called democracy.
Don't even have to get off your arse, can do it by post.

I know a couple of people who thought it was funny on the day that they weren't voting.

Felt like smacking the many birth canals.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:49 am

Martin wrote:My mom's dad is from the Republic of Ireland also, so I'm guessing I can apply?
You can. Take a look here.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:58 am

Dante wrote:
Martin wrote:My mom's dad is from the Republic of Ireland also, so I'm guessing I can apply?
You can. Take a look here.
I notice they're classing it as the island of Ireland not the Republic, which makes sense as I know people who live in Northern Ireland get a choice of passport. Even easier. My other Granddad is from Belfast.

Cheers for this.

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: jean

Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:20 pm

Giants14 wrote:Ive been on social media quite a lot today and haven't seen many 'Leavers' come out and say 'im happy and it was the right decision' which is pretty strange.......A massive backlash to the decision yet more than half of the UK wanted it.

I voted 'remain' myself
Millennials post on twitter for E-fame while the allegedly small-minded old people actually went out and vote based on their conviction. Predictably, millennials complain about democracy on twitter for more E-fame. Worst generation ever.
"A Moyes! My kingdom for a Moyes!" - Sir Alex Ferguson in the famous tragedy " Manchester United's great EPL campaign of 13/14" by respected journo G. Neville.

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:01 pm

It has been quite revealing to follow this campaign. I must say that once again the euro fanatics have given the wrong answer to a crucial question. To an eminently political question, they chose to give a totally economical one. The most blatant example of this misunderstanding is the touchy subject of immigration. Remainers completely fail to see how the issue of immigration is connected to the referendum because they refuse to grasp that the point of brexit is the sovereignty of the land ergo the power of the state ergo the will of the people ergo the ability of the citizen to affect his community. When Corbyn, Comeron and Co say that the state is unable to regulate its own borders, it only serves to show that the nation state has been rendered impotent and instead subsumed into a world where the cosmopolitan, well-educated and well connected yuppie, eminently mobile and unmoored from communities is the only one to stay afloat. This cabal of the cognoscenti, so quick to peddle identity politics when it suits them, is thus adverse to the identity borne out of the land, of traditions forged through hundred of years of community life.
Sovereignty matter not to those that can easily pack up and move out in search of greener pastures. Those who are however unable to or don't want to move away when the shit hit the fan finds themselves stuck in single-cells prisons, living in an atomised society (the result of western societal decadence) with no way to make one's voice heard. Their aspirations are mocked and their concerns laughed away by their betters. The law governing their lives are handed down to them from the echo-chambers of liberalism in Westminster and Brussels. And more importantly, they can't decide who can or cannot enter their community - and by community I mean the nation as community. A community who can't control who can enter its membership and benefit from its largesse is not an open community: it's no community at all.
So on that morning of the 23rd of June, the disenfranchised was given this choice:

"Do you want to remain in a supranational state where you have even less of a voice than at Westminster or do you say Nuts! to that?"

The response has been heard loud and clear.
"A Moyes! My kingdom for a Moyes!" - Sir Alex Ferguson in the famous tragedy " Manchester United's great EPL campaign of 13/14" by respected journo G. Neville.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:06 am

52% is not fornicate clear.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:32 am

So most voted to leave because of immigration?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:54 am

marcus leong wrote:So most voted to leave because of immigration?
A simplified answer would be: "YES"

Allegedly the "Leave" voters were mostly older folks. Assuming that this is correct. They are the ones who remember what England was like in the "Good Old Times".

P.S.
Andersongo's post above explains most aspects quite well, although I'd have preferred easier to understand and less academic writing style. All of his points are totally valid though.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:06 am

marcus leong wrote:
TexasRedDevil wrote:
Relly wrote:I'm torn on my feelings on this, politically I would be 100% for leaving. However I would not want to give up my ability to freely travel around Europe and my ability to move to a place like the Croatian coast when I retire.

I know how democracy works and I am all for it, but I find it hard to make such a big move with virtually half the population against it. I think to leave should have required 60% or 70%, something to show a vast majority are onside with such a big move.
I think that's an acceptable price to pay in order to have self-government

but UK do have self government. EU is not a dictatorship.
But the EU has a bunch of unelected officials. It may not be completely authoritarian now but there is no doubt in my mind they would eventually become that way.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:41 am

TexasRedDevil wrote:
marcus leong wrote:
TexasRedDevil wrote:
I think that's an acceptable price to pay in order to have self-government

but UK do have self government. EU is not a dictatorship.
But the EU has a bunch of unelected officials. It may not be completely authoritarian now but there is no doubt in my mind they would eventually become that way.
Bullshit.

One of the biggest myths about the EU is that they're unelected. Yes, there are some staff who are unelected - but that's the same almost everywhere, especially in the UK.

The European Parliament are all elected every five years, the turnout of which in the last UK election was 23%. So where do you think the problem lies?

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:19 am

I vote for my country's representatives in the EU. Why the fornicate to people think that they're not elected?

I've got a feeling that the UK will not submit its request (or whatever the actual term is) to leave. There's been quite a change of heart after Farage and Boris talked following the result.

People believed the NHS and immigration bullshit that was spouted during the campaign.

With all that said, Cameron is the birth canal in all of this, he gambled the UK's future to win an election.
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:23 am

A lot of people voted leave without knowing what they voted for. I know two people who did.

I'm voting leave
Why
Dunno

I'm being serious.

Matt
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Matthew

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:26 am

People were pissed off at something they don't understand. Immigration is always a good selling point too.

It would have probably made sense for the UK not to join the EU if they weren't in it. But it doesn't make sense to leave it now.

Also, how many people came out saying that they voted leave because they didn't expect leave to win the referendum? Why do people protest vote? It makes no sense whatsoever.
You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Brexit

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:10 am

Matt wrote:I vote for my country's representatives in the EU. Why the fornicate to people think that they're not elected?

I've got a feeling that the UK will not submit its request (or whatever the actual term is) to leave. There's been quite a change of heart after Farage and Boris talked following the result.

People believed the NHS and immigration bullshit that was spouted during the campaign.

With all that said, Cameron is the birth canal in all of this, he gambled the UK's future to win an election.
I think all their politician milk this issue for their gain and it backfire. We won't see anything before October I believe. When their new PM is elected.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:11 am

Martin wrote:
I'm voting leave
Why
I hate immigrants

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:47 am

Marcus, that's really not funny. It's a highly emotive subject and I doubt that Martin would thank you for misquoting him in such a way.

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:40 pm

Matt wrote:I vote for my country's representatives in the EU. Why the fornicate to people think that they're not elected?

The problem is not that they are not elected but rather that other countries with different culture and political leaning can have a say in the running of one's country. Also, EU representatives are viewed as redundant: people already vote for representatives in their national parliament. What is then the purpose of the EU representative if not to eventually supersede national parliaments? Hence people will be losing a representative that can propose and veto bills that pertain to national interests to one that can do neither in a supranational state, being yoked to the unelected EU commission. The goal of the EU parliament has always been to eventually trump national politics and thus nationhood: it's spelled out clearly in the mantra of "More Europe!" and "ever close integration". This is the reason why countries with very vibrant national identities such as Hungary and Poland have objected to the export and imposition of views and values not compatible with their respective national identity.
For many people around Europe, the economic liberty of the EEC has been the nose of the camel of political and cultural union that sneaked into the tent. The people of Europe never voted for this. In France and Holland, political union was achieved by the elites against the wish of the people. In Ireland, the Irish were stuck in groundhog day until they voted the right way. The European Union as supranational state can never bridge the democratic deficit because its mandate lacked the ascent of the governed then and even more now.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:26 am

Ole wrote:Marcus, that's really not funny. It's a highly emotive subject and I doubt that Martin would thank you for misquoting him in such a way.
Sorry. I just find it really stupid to vote that way.

TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:06 am

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:54 am

Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:59 am

To laugh his ass off at said Juncker?

Return to “Members Lounge”