Real Madrid in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Sunday 23rd July 2017, KO 22:00 BST.
TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

Brexit

1 year ago

Are you all happy that England left the EU? Why or why not?

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Re: Brexit

1 year ago

Could we please #remain on this topic in the politics thread. Thanks. :)
UNITED > ENGLAND

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

Probably deserves its own topic to fair. It's pretty fornicate major!

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Of course it does, bu it had been posted a lot before this thread came to life.

Mods could simply move the whole stuff over here at once.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Are you all happy that England left the EU? Why or why not?
UK

& yes deserves it's own thread.

Did anyone on here vote to leave? If so, what were your reasons?
Make football fabulous again!

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

Ive been on social media quite a lot today and haven't seen many 'Leavers' come out and say 'im happy and it was the right decision' which is pretty strange.......A massive backlash to the decision yet more than half of the UK wanted it.

I voted 'remain' myself
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

Ive been on social media quite a lot today and haven't seen many 'Leavers' come out and say 'im happy and it was the right decision' which is pretty strange.......A massive backlash to the decision yet more than half of the UK wanted it.

I voted 'remain' myself
(Y)

Seen 'United Ireland' trending on birth canal what are your thoughts re: that?

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

I voted 'remain' myself
(Y)

Seen 'United Ireland' trending on birth canal what are your thoughts re: that?
Not good....Im a protestant....so I am naturally sided with Northern Ireland remaining in the UK.........It seems this Brexit has given Sinn Fein and other republican parties the opportunity to have the discussion of a Border Vote....which like the Brexit could go either way. If a vote of independence or border vote is announced....you will probably see a lot of trouble again over here.

I have no idea what's going to happen - I think that is the major problem today - this decision has been made without the knowledge of what the future brings - crazy times
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Well, the UK has left, but it's England and Wales that have voted to leave.

Wales deserves a Darwin Award given their levels of EU funding.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 year ago

I'm torn on my feelings on this, politically I would be 100% for leaving. However I would not want to give up my ability to freely travel around Europe and my ability to move to a place like the Croatian coast when I retire.

I know how democracy works and I am all for it, but I find it hard to make such a big move with virtually half the population against it. I think to leave should have required 60% or 70%, something to show a vast majority are onside with such a big move.
"Make America Great Again!"

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

1 year ago

I'm torn on my feelings on this, politically I would be 100% for leaving. However I would not want to give up my ability to freely travel around Europe and my ability to move to a place like the Croatian coast when I retire.

I know how democracy works and I am all for it, but I find it hard to make such a big move with virtually half the population against it. I think to leave should have required 60% or 70%, something to show a vast majority are onside with such a big move.
You can still do all of those things. Canadians and Americans travel freely to Latin America and retire in places like Costa Rica for example.

As the rest of your comment I agree 100%..

it's a bit of a panic mode at the moment but I'm sure England will be OK in the long run.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

You can still do all of those things. Canadians and Americans travel freely to Latin America and retire in places like Costa Rica for example.

As the rest of your comment I agree 100%..

it's a bit of a panic mode at the moment but I'm sure England will be OK in the long run.

Immigration will be the least of their problem.

I wonder anyone here is doing business in UK or Europe? I believe they are the biggest party affected by this,
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

TexasRedDevil
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Josh

1 year ago

I think that's an acceptable price to pay in order to have self-government

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

but UK do have self government. EU is not a dictatorship.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Did David Cameron just said he will leave the decision to his successor? LOL

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

1 year ago

It's the perfect lose-lose situation for Boris.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Brexit

1 year ago

Why?

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

We already had that.

I'll be affected less than most, since I can retain EU citizenship with dual nationality. So I will still be able to live and work anywhere within the EU I choose, but most of my friends have lost that right.

But, I lose out on the benefits of EU membership if I want to live in the country of my birth. And no one can give me a reason why we have done this.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

Why?
It's widely believed he didn't want to leave, and calculated Remain wold narrowly win. However, he considered leaving being a reasonable price to pay for his political ambitions. So either, we remained, and he was swept to power by the noise of the leave camp when Cameron stepped down, or we leave, and he is swept to power as the conquering hero when Cameron stepped down having concluded the messy exit settlement.

However Cameron has clearly though 'fornicate that', and thrown the hand grenade into the Leave camp, and said 'well, this is what you wanted, you sort it out.'

Boris also now if he wins, will be the unelected Prime Minister for over three and a half years just after railing against unelected leaders in the EU.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

I get that some ppl voted as a fornicate you to the EU politicians but this is bloody ridiculous, they didn't think about the implications, this is my future and the majority of 18-25s voted in, older people who this won't affect much going forward voted out. London had the majority of migrants yet we voted in, it's places that had a very small amount of migrants listened to the scare stories and voted out. Well done UK, we have a very tough few years ahead of us, what ever happens now the UK needs to find a way to get back together and recover but with Cameron resigning, Corbyn having a no confidence vote and Scotland wanting to leave this is gonna be a tough ask to stay united.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

I keep trying to find ways to dissipate my anger, but it's just building. I'm somehow getting even angrier.

This country is so divided, it's fornicate. I honestly cannot see how it can recover from this.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 year ago

I get that some ppl voted as a fornicate you to the EU politicians but this is bloody ridiculous, they didn't think about the implications, this is my future and the majority of 18-25s voted in, older people who this won't affect much going forward voted out. London had the majority of migrants yet we voted in, it's places that had a very small amount of migrants listened to the scare stories and voted out. Well done UK, we have a very tough few years ahead of us, what ever happens now the UK needs to find a way to get back together and recover but with Cameron resigning, Corbyn having a no confidence vote and Scotland wanting to leave this is gonna be a tough ask to stay united.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClrbygvWMAAHPfC.jpg
ClrbygvWMAAHPfC_1466871826118.jpg
Is this true?

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ClrbygvWMAAHPfC.jpg
ClrbygvWMAAHPfC_1466871826118.jpg

Is this true?
Yes. 100%.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

1 year ago

We already had that.

I'll be affected less than most, since I can retain EU citizenship with dual nationality. So I will still be able to live and work anywhere within the EU I choose, but most of my friends have lost that right.

But, I lose out on the benefits of EU membership if I want to live in the country of my birth. And no one can give me a reason why we have done this.
I didn't know you had dual nationality?

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 year ago

How do you get dual nationality? What is required?

Return to “Members Lounge”