Next Match: Image
Burton Albion in the Carabao Cup
Wednesday 20th September 2017, KO 20:00 BST.
marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Climate Change

Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:27 pm

What is your position on this? Are you doing anything about it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90CkXVF-Q8M

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Oranje
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Climate Change

Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:04 am

Yes and we all should. Shocking how many American politicians deny this problem, I hope their new president won't do too many stupid things. It would be a shame if the momentum created by the Paris agreement would be ignored by one of the biggest pollutors in the world.

Even if you're skeptical about climate change and the part humans have in it (which would be the equivalent of being skeptical about the law of gravity), we should realize that we have the technology to change the way we treat the earth without a decrease in our quality of life. It's painful to watch how many forests disappear, how many species are endangered because of this.

Plus I'm way below sea level here so get your shit together and keep me safe by making a few other choices: in transporation, food etc...

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Oranje wrote:I hope their new president won't do too many stupid things.
:laugh:
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:33 pm

Oranje wrote:Yes and we all should. Shocking how many American politicians deny this problem, I hope their new president won't do too many stupid things. It would be a shame if the momentum created by the Paris agreement would be ignored by one of the biggest pollutors in the world.

Even if you're skeptical about climate change and the part humans have in it (which would be the equivalent of being skeptical about the law of gravity), we should realize that we have the technology to change the way we treat the earth without a decrease in our quality of life. It's painful to watch how many forests disappear, how many species are endangered because of this.

Plus I'm way below sea level here so get your shit together and keep me safe by making a few other choices: in transporation, food etc...

It is just money talking. US and China are the biggest polluters in the world and China is taking steps to tackle the issue while US is busy building pipeline and deny science. Trump do deny climate change, it will be disasterous if he cancel the Paris agreement.

Don't you learned to live with water already? You'll be fine. :P

*Nat Geo removed the video from Youtube, watch "before the flood" if you can.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:47 pm

"climate change" is always happening and always will.

If we are talking about "saving the planet" then it can only be done with a massive reduction in CO2 emissions..which means things like banning 99% of flights, 99% of vehicles and 99% of factories... yet all politicians ever do is pay lip service to it. Tokenism which has no affect but makes people "feel good".

IMO we , as a planet, should either agree that we must do as I stated above, or just forget it and carry on regardless.. but I know we will do neither
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:04 pm

Oranje wrote: Shocking how many American politicians deny this problem, I hope their new president won't do too many stupid things.
Well good thing then he believes its a hoax created by the Chinese
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:53 am

RedSte wrote:"climate change" is always happening and always will.
True but not at this rate. It is better to let science do the talking.

http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

RedSte wrote:
If we are talking about "saving the planet" then it can only be done with a massive reduction in CO2 emissions..which means things like banning 99% of flights, 99% of vehicles and 99% of factories... yet all politicians ever do is pay lip service to it. Tokenism which has no affect but makes people "feel good".

IMO we , as a planet, should either agree that we must do as I stated above, or just forget it and carry on regardless.. but I know we will do neither
Not sure where you get the 99% from but not all is paying lip service to it. Mostly that denying it is the one that have fossil fuel interest, including my own country. Europe especially have made progress on this.
Among the EU member states, the highest share of renewable in gross final energy consumption in 2012 was recorded in Sweden (51%), while Latvia, Finland and Austria each reported that more than 30% of their final energy consumption was derived from renewables.

Greenhouse gas emissions in Scotland have fallen by 30% since 1990.

44% of electricity in Scotland is from renewable, target to reach 100% in 2020.

http://www.gov.scot/Resource/0046/00469235.pdf

Even fortune 500 companies are pledging to go renewable. Not likely cause they love the planet but it is beneficial financially.
Sandies wrote:
Oranje wrote: Shocking how many American politicians deny this problem, I hope their new president won't do too many stupid things.
Well good thing then he believes its a hoax created by the Chinese

The good thing is that Trump had proven to change his stance on most issues. If they able to show him that it is a popular move to support climate change , he will do it. In the end, it doesn't why they do it, as long as it is done.

http://qz.com/833859/with-trump-as-pres ... te-change/

The world will turn to China for leadership if US won't.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:28 am

The Climate Change Performance Index Results 2016

https://germanwatch.org/en/download/13626.pdf
UK is 5th on the CCP index in 2016(technically is top 2), I wonder if Brexit will affect this?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:09 pm

marcus leong wrote:What is your position on this? Are you doing anything about it?

This is a private video man...

As far as the Climate Change (Notice how they don't call it "Global Warming" anymore) is concerned... It looks a like quite a bit of a Hoax to me.. Yes the fossil fuels pollute the atmosphere and we need to reduce them, but if the climate is changing there is absolutely nothing we can do..

It's all a money grabbing scam from the globalists as far as I am concerned.
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

RED3bution
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:22 pm

ivandaman wrote:
marcus leong wrote:What is your position on this? Are you doing anything about it?

This is a private video man...

As far as the Climate Change (Notice how they don't call it "Global Warming" anymore) is concerned... It looks a like quite a bit of a Hoax to me.. Yes the fossil fuels pollute the atmosphere and we need to reduce them, but if the climate is changing there is absolutely nothing we can do..

It's all a money grabbing scam from the globalists as far as I am concerned.
I'm shocked you're a conspiracist. What difference does it make to the trend if they call it global warming or Climate change? If it's warming/cooling, it's changing. Maybe it should be called "the thing that makes the year just a little bit hotter" (based on yearly averages).

Anyway, I can understand why some people assume that without some cataclysmic evidence that things are ok.
Darwin, a biologist even had a premonition of this and the effect it'd have on the global ecosystem. First it starts from the depths of our waters(most fragile systems) and then we'll see it in our forests, and then we will see it. Hopefully, it takes longer to get there because of the actions of some parties on slowing it down.
"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:51 pm

The weather is hotter on summer and colder on winter, imagine shorter summer weeks if you live like in the New England area in the US. In terms of cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons - millions of people didn't experience it if you are living outside the typhoon belts. South East Asia are hammered by a ton of typhoons and they are getting stronger and stronger. Same case with Haiti and other central american countries.

Back at home, not using plastic bags is one good thing, and separation of wastes against recyclables could help. Hard to follow initially but everyone needs to do their part. We know we need to lessen those environmental hazards that really impacts us. Hopefully people on the not so affected areas can help.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:25 am

Mr Ivan, set aside your scepticism. Do you agree renewable energy just make sense? Common sense.

You use the resources that is abundance in the planet ie. wind, sun, water, etc. These resources especially the sun will not finish. You won't see countries going to war to fight for oil, you don't see human health affected by theses activities and most importantly you save money in long term.

Make sense, Mr Ivan?

Note: I manage to watch the video on YouTube before Natgeo remove it.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:30 am

robertbrian23 wrote:The weather is hotter on summer and colder on winter, imagine shorter summer weeks if you live like in the New England area in the US. In terms of cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons - millions of people didn't experience it if you are living outside the typhoon belts. South East Asia are hammered by a ton of typhoons and they are getting stronger and stronger. Same case with Haiti and other central american countries.

Back at home, not using plastic bags is one good thing, and separation of wastes against recyclables could help. Hard to follow initially but everyone needs to do their part. We know we need to lessen those environmental hazards that really impacts us. Hopefully people on the not so affected areas can help.
What is President Duterte's position on this?

Anyway did you saw the video of Duterte singing karaoke with Najib? Lol

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Nov 12, 2016 2:44 am

marcus leong wrote:
robertbrian23 wrote:The weather is hotter on summer and colder on winter, imagine shorter summer weeks if you live like in the New England area in the US. In terms of cyclones, hurricanes, typhoons - millions of people didn't experience it if you are living outside the typhoon belts. South East Asia are hammered by a ton of typhoons and they are getting stronger and stronger. Same case with Haiti and other central american countries.

What is President Duterte's position on this?

Anyway did you saw the video of Duterte singing karaoke with Najib? Lol
yeah. the Sha-lalala song? lol
His stance is the same, the government would continue do what we are doing, most cities especially in the whole Metro Manila region are using paper bags, no plastic bags across all super markets, 7-11s, etc... going for strict implementation on gas emissions of vehicles especially the public buses. His plea is to the international communities that are more pollutants than PH, like China and US to have a more strict implementation against their air pollution, etc.

The city where I reside in PH, the garbage segregation and different trucks would pick up different trash on different days. Hard to implement to be honest, as most people still couldn't segregate it properly. My household was fined once, and I've told all the people living there to segregate since I can't pay the fine everytime. I always try to even segregate the trash and tell the people around the house why it is important. Still a long way to go.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:46 am

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/e ... ods-trump/

So this might happen. I wonder what president trump will do.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:48 am

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/c ... hange/all/

Wow...got to give it these kids. 16 years old and actually suing the government. Interesting to see how this work going forward.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:32 pm

marcus leong wrote:http://www.iflscience.com/environment/c ... hange/all/

Wow...got to give it these kids. 16 years old and actually suing the government. Interesting to see how this work going forward.
I still think Trump would be debrief by his advisors about climate change, and hopefully US won't leave the Paris agreement.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:20 am

Surely you guys familiar with Lord Monckton ? What do you think about what his claim on climate change?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 pm

More proof that this "global warming" shit is just a fornicate scum.

https://youtu.be/UwRumcZjyOI

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Feb 09, 2017 2:43 am

ivandaman wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:17 pm
More proof that this "global warming" shit is just a fornicate scum.

https://youtu.be/UwRumcZjyOI

What proof is that? The great thing about science is that if there's great and convincing evidences, conclusions can be changed. In the course of history, there were scientist that defy all odds to dispute sciecetific community (watch Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey) and won. If someone can proof this is wrong, then by all means do it. Before that, data and evidences are pointing the other way. As for the video, should have show what data were manipulate to give it more credibility.

Question for you, who besides oil companies loses more if the world turn to renewable energy? You know, the same oil company that spend millions lobbying? The same oil company that get the current US administration help to screw with US native sacred land? Climate change or not, renewal energies just make sense. Besides, on personal level I fornicate hate Saudi Arabia. (The same Saudi that excluded from travel ban, FYI)

Also, why everything have to be conspiracy? If something is wrong it could just be well, wrong. Maybe a mistake, maybe circumstances change, etc.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:53 am

It's not conspiracy Marcus. The province I live in we pay the so called "carbon tax" We pay the most expensive gas prices in North America, while china has no environmental restrictions and is polluting the environment freely.
This makes no fornicate sense whatsoever.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:15 am

ivandaman wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:53 am
It's not conspiracy Marcus. The province I live in we pay the so called "carbon tax" We pay the most expensive gas prices in North America, while china has no environmental restrictions and is polluting the environment freely.
This makes no fornicate sense whatsoever.
What happen politically does not discredit the science. China is paying the price of that pollution (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-35351597), whether there is international pressure on them i'm not sure. For a start, they did sign the Paris agreement.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 pm

China is by far the global leader in renewable energy.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:14 pm

A case for development of green energy and against climate alarmist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PWtaackIJU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47bNzLj5E_Q

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:36 pm

Dante wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:49 pm
China is by far the global leader in renewable energy.
And human rights too! We should all learn to follow china's lead.
"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “Members Lounge”