Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Martin
Supporter
Supporter

McGregor vs Mayweather

Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:58 am

Why not discuss it?

It's a bit of a joke it's happening but 1) will you guys be watching and 2) does anyone think Conor can cause an upset?

McGregor 8-)

Make football fabulous again!

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Udit

Re: McGregor vs Mayweather

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:01 am

I'll watch, just for the sake of watching.

It's incredibly unlikely that Conor wins, but I'd give him a punchers chance of getting a KO.

In other news, apparently Stipe Miocic wants Anthony Joshua. I give that a zero chance of happening.

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:14 am

Yep, no chance of that.

I'm hoping Conor having nothing to lose means he can just go out and attack Mayweather ferociously and fluke the KO. That's the only way I see him winning. A knockout in the early rounds before he tires himself out.
Make football fabulous again!

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player
Call Me: Udit

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:27 am

Yeah, there's no way he outlasts Floyd on cardio. The other thing is that Conor's style really is quite unique, in that I assume he won't move like a boxer generally does. This could possibly throw Floyd off guard and help Conor slip in his left.

Realistically though, Floyd dodges him for 5 rounds, tires Conor out and picks him off.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:47 am

Mayweather is the best defensive boxer, possibly ever. McGregor isn't a boxer. He'll not be able to land anything, get really frustrated and leave himself open, at which point he'll get knocked on his arse. It will be the ultimate rope a dope.

I give a stronger possibility of McGregor getting disqualified than winning.

The only chance he has really is that Mayweather is 40 and hasn't fought for a while. It's still a pretty small window though. If this was Mayweather in his prime, it wouldn't even have happened.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:41 pm

I definitely think Conor will lose but I'm still gonna watch it cause I think it's gonna be entertaining. lol

Return to “Members Lounge”