Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st April 2017, KO 15:00 BST.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: David de Gea

1 month ago

I'd be surprised if Real went for him now. Zidane is very, very keen on Navas, reportedly far less keen on de Gea and the other lad won rave reviews when he played during Navas injury at the start of the season.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

1 month ago

His interview before the FA cup semi against Everton last year has made me think he's staying for a while yet. His body language and the way he spoke was so positive. I'd be shocked if he was just saying that but not meaning it
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

His interview before the FA cup semi against Everton last year has made me think he's staying for a while yet. His body language and the way he spoke was so positive. I'd be shocked if he was just saying that but not meaning it
Same opinion here. He might still leave eventually but I'll be surprise if he leave in the near future.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

Same opinion here. He might still leave eventually but I'll be surprise if he leave in the near future.
I think getting Champions League football will be the key to DeGea staying or leaving.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

Just signed a new contract last season - if he wants to go (again) 50m
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

i do think he likes playing for United but the possibility to return home into his climate,culture and family is too big to resist. He also has a pop star girlfirend who surely doesnt like Manchester, women have a big big influence on young guys.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

I think getting Champions League football will be the key to DeGea staying or leaving.
Which United will qualify this season!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

I rationale is; if we do not qualify then he will be gone as soon as Real Madrid come calling. If we do qualify then i think he will stay through the duration of his contract.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: David de Gea

1 month ago

I rationale is; if we do not qualify then he will be gone as soon as Real Madrid come calling. If we do qualify then i think he will stay through the duration of his contract.
TBH I don't feel the same way. I might be wrong but I think he'll stay even if united missed CL this season.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

If he wanted to leave he shouldn't have signed a 5 year deal (Y)
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

If he wanted to leave he shouldn't have signed a 5 year deal (Y)
He signed a 5 year contract as his options were limited

He was on a relatively shit salary and that is why the door was initially opened to Real Madrid
Real Madrid made him and United an offer
United's choices were to either take a fee and let him go or decline the transfer and he would run out the one year on his contract and leave on a free
At that point Madrid had agreed to give him a large lump of cash
United took the fee option and he was set to leave.
We will never know why but Madrid backed out.The general feeling is that Madrid got a feeling off their fans that he was not wanted,at that time

As such his opportunities became limited
United offered him a new,improved contract with a good salary but it had to be a long contract with a large buy out fee
He could have played on at £70k a week or signed a 5 year deal at £200k
That was 2 years ago and United have,as usual,not reviewed the contract
If Madrid,ir anybody offer the £50m buyout can you confidently say that United wouldn't accept it and try to spend £15m on another keeper?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

If we really want to keep DeGea then give him a contract similar to Rooney's and add a clause where we only start listening to offers over ₤100.

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

If we really want to keep DeGea then give him a contract similar to Rooney's and add a clause where we only start listening to offers over ₤100.
Agree with the idea but it won't happen

DDG doesn't sell shirts so he is not as valuable to the club as Wazza even now

Martial is the next vulnerable one for me
He is only on £65k a week and i feel sure he won't get an improved contract at the end of the season
Yes he has 2 years to go but one excellent 6 month spell and a bid of say £60m would be interesting
It won't be China though as he is currently not a strong shirt seller

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

only Pogba and Zlatan sold more shirts than DDG. In fact DDG is the only goalkeeper in top 10 shirt sellers in the world.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/cl ... irt-sales/

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

only Pogba and Zlatan sold more shirts than DDG. In fact DDG is the only goalkeeper in top 10 shirt sellers in the world.

http://www.totalsportek.com/football/cl ... irt-sales/
Joze, this is very unfair of you letting reality interfere. As for Martial being let go I just don't see it; I read somewhere that with one more goal we have to pay Monaco another ₤10M so he appears to be meeting the football expectations we had for him when we bought him. If that's the case why think about selling him, a better football (and business) move would be to lock him into a long term contract. If he turn out as good as expected his shirt sales alone will cover his salary increase.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”