Next Match: Image
West Bromwich Albion in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st April 2017, KO 15:00 BST.
joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

1 month ago

Zlatan's agent Raniola :

"As for Ibrahimovic, he’s always been in love with Naples and the passion of the Neapolitans and I’ve always said that openly because he grew up in a family which was similar to the Neapolitans and then with me," Raiola told Italian radio station CRC.
''He knows what the love of the Neapolitans means and that passion has always attracted him.

“I know that [Napoli president Aurelio] De Laurentiis knows him, and with Zlatan you never know what could happen.”

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

Oh dear

Presumably some are in mourning at the probable loss of this great United star
I hear they have offered him half the money if they trigger the second year option

Although he always wanted to play for United cough cough he always wanted to play for Napoli
Well the greedy shirt selling bastard can fornicate off for me

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 month ago

Oh dear

I hear they have offered him half the money if they trigger the second year option

Although he always wanted to play for United cough cough he always wanted to play for Napoli
How many players nowadays truly love the club they play for? To be honest I don't care what football club is in Zlatan's heart, I just care that he does the job while he is here, which he absolutely has and shows some respect to the fans and club.

You can't have it both ways Ray, do you want to play good football and win or do you want a bunch of Welbecks and Cleverlys that love the club?
"Make America Great Again!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Oh dear

That feeling when you can't tell if this is about Ibrahimovic or Rooney.
Make football fabulous again!

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

Oh dear

How many players nowadays truly love the club they play for? To be honest I don't care what football club is in Zlatan's heart, I just care that he does the job while he is here, which he absolutely has and shows some respect to the fans and club.

You can't have it both ways Ray, do you want to play good football and win or do you want a bunch of Welbecks and Cleverlys that love the club?
I don't want it both ways

I want great players that love the club
It has been a long long time since we had them isn't it Ben
It's almost,well 5 years or so ao
We had Scholes,Giggs,Beckham,Schmeichel,Butt,Keane(you know the one that turned down money from Arsenal to play for United)
Then there was Irwin,Bruce,Stam,Pallister etc
Go back to Robson and Whiteside and Lou Macari
All still around Manchester
When do you think you'll see Zlatan again with the club he cough cough loves after he's gone
Not one that was just around for a season or 18 months grabbing as much as they can for selling shirts and kissing a badge
Have you really been that bitter and twisted for that long over Wazza that you think it should be an old Zlatan or Schweinster against Cleverley or Welbeck
You really have bought into the Glazer model if that's the best style you hope for long term

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Support Bury. Problem solved.
Make football fabulous again!

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

1 month ago

Fc United of Manchester

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

100% Top Red

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

SInce this board likes to talk about money so much i've seen the newest forbes list of atheltes.

Zlatan #23 with 37 mil last year

Rooney #49 with 26 mil last year

here's the top 10 list:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) - $88m (£70.5m)

2. Lionel Messi (Football) - $81m (£65m)

3. LeBron James (Basketball) - $77m (£61.7m)

4. Roger Federer (Tennis) - $67.8M (£54.4m)

5. Kevin Durant (Basketball) - $56.2M (£45m)

6. Novak Djokovic (Tennis) - $55.8m (£44.7m)

7. Cam Newton (American football) - $53.1m (£42.6m)

8. Phil Mickelson (Golf) - $52.9m (£42.4m)

9. Jordan Spieth (Golf) - $52.8m (£42.3m)

10. Kobe Bryant (Basketball) - $50m (£40.1m)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 month ago

Oh dear

I don't want it both ways

I want great players that love the club
It has been a long long time since we had them isn't it Ben
It's almost,well 5 years or so ao
We had Scholes,Giggs,Beckham,Schmeichel,Butt,Keane(you know the one that turned down money from Arsenal to play for United)
Then there was Irwin,Bruce,Stam,Pallister etc
Go back to Robson and Whiteside and Lou Macari
All still around Manchester
When do you think you'll see Zlatan again with the club he cough cough loves after he's gone
Not one that was just around for a season or 18 months grabbing as much as they can for selling shirts and kissing a badge
Have you really been that bitter and twisted for that long over Wazza that you think it should be an old Zlatan or Schweinster against Cleverley or Welbeck
You really have bought into the Glazer model if that's the best style you hope for long term
Well you can't create good players born in Manchester. So you are either stuck with the Welbecks and Cleverlys and you embrace them and their limited talents as local born players or you buy top quality players and accept that they will most likely not be loyal and don't love the club like you.
"Make America Great Again!"

JonSnow
Trainee
Trainee

1 month ago

SInce this board likes to talk about money so much i've seen the newest forbes list of atheltes.

Zlatan #23 with 37 mil last year

Rooney #49 with 26 mil last year

here's the top 10 list:

1. Cristiano Ronaldo (Football) - $88m (£70.5m)

2. Lionel Messi (Football) - $81m (£65m)

3. LeBron James (Basketball) - $77m (£61.7m)

4. Roger Federer (Tennis) - $67.8M (£54.4m)

5. Kevin Durant (Basketball) - $56.2M (£45m)

6. Novak Djokovic (Tennis) - $55.8m (£44.7m)

7. Cam Newton (American football) - $53.1m (£42.6m)

8. Phil Mickelson (Golf) - $52.9m (£42.4m)

9. Jordan Spieth (Golf) - $52.8m (£42.3m)

10. Kobe Bryant (Basketball) - $50m (£40.1m)
Messi and Ronaldo are getting PAID!!! football definitely has a lot of money! 8-)

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

Two points here

Point 1
What would you lot do without stats?
You keep proving Zlatan is still indeed great
You keep proving United spend a fortune on developing the team so if anything goes wrong it can only be the manager
You keep proving that Herrara is running the team

Alternative facts
Fact 1-This team is very average,it has been average for a while.It is propped up on the basis of shirt sales

Opinion
Unless 2 teams above implode we are not getting in the champions league but we will get another handfull of sponsors

Point 2
Why should i go and support Bury or FC United?
If you think i should support Bury because i live in Bury that means that probably north of 90% should support a team an average of about 3000 miles away
FA United was indeed considered once,I was one of the negotiating team that organised the lease when FA United played at Gigg Lane.I was offered a directorship at day one.I turned it down as Manchester United is in my blood
I have supported them for over 50 years,as opposed to chatting about them on line for 5 years like a lot of you guys
They are a team i have watched live most every week for 50 years.As opposed to an illegal dodgy iphone feed or the hope of a one time pilgrimage.
Or indeed no desire to ever watch the team live but it's good to debate

Walking away and leaving the club is exactly what the Glazers want from the old fans
They just want new customers
These bastards would love to do to United what the NFL do to Wembley ie take teams on the road
The Glazers would love to play 3 games a season in Hong Kong,3 games a season in the USA,2 games a season in Mumbai,£ games a season in Scandinavia etc
Far fetched?Really!!

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

Zlatan is now the oldest player to reach 15 goals in a single PL season

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

1 month ago

Zlatan is now the oldest player to reach 15 goals in a single PL season

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Some more Zlat Facts:

Zlatan has now reached double figures for league goals (in Europe’s top five leagues) in each of his last 11 seasons. The only other players who can watch that feat are… Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.

Zlatan has reached 15 Premier League goals for Man Utd in the fourth fastest number of games (23), behind only Ruud Van Nistelrooy (19), Dwight Yorke (20) and Robin van Persie (21).

Zlatan has now scored 20+ goals at club level in 10 consecutive seasons. The last time he didn't reach 20 goals was in 2006-07 at Inter (15).

Zlatan was the first Man Utd player to score in his first three Premier League appearances for the club. The last United player to score in their first three league appearances for the club was Ian Storey-Moore, back in 1971-72.

Of players in the big five European Leagues, only Lionel Messi (51) scored more goals than Zlatan (50) in all club comps in 2016.

After he scored against Bournemouth on his Premier League debut, Zlatan has now scored on his Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, Ligue 1 and Champions League debut.

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

thats's impressive (Y)

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

1 month ago

I occasionally agree with some posters when it comes to certain issues but when it comes to Zlatan i can't agree with the naysayers. If that boy gets service, we get goals. I also like his hardarse approach which in my opinion many current UTD players lack.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

Oh you boys love stats

How about this then
Wazza has scored against every premier league EXCEPT Leicester
And that includes against United when he played for Everton

Surely that makes him the greatest goalscorer of all time especially as he is United and England's all time goalscorer

That means if you put him up top for us again and tell him to not move,like the Berbatov look alike we now have and don't get involved in any other aspect of the game like tackling back,there is every reason to believe that he would have scored as many as Zlatan the great this season
Only an opinion mind and i have put my steel helmet on

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

1 month ago

Stats must be viewed in context. Who is the highest goal scorer for UTD this season? What is Zlatans UTD goal to game ratio? If these stats are bad, he is a shirt seller, if not, then the shirt selling theory is just bollocks.
...and the Truth shall make you free.....

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

Rashford on Zlatan :

"I think it's the way his mentality works. That is probably the biggest thing, not only for the young players but other players can take that from him as well.

"In fact, that is definitely the main thing. It's good for the dressing room. Sometimes, if we're down, he can pick us back up and, when we're up, he keeps us up. Bringing in that type of player, it has been key."

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

1 month ago

Rashford on Zlatan :

"I think it's the way his mentality works. That is probably the biggest thing, not only for the young players but other players can take that from him as well.

"In fact, that is definitely the main thing. It's good for the dressing room. Sometimes, if we're down, he can pick us back up and, when we're up, he keeps us up. Bringing in that type of player, it has been key."

Key to what?
Improving us?

LVG got fired last season fpr having us in this position.
And he had just won the FA Cup

At that time Lingards mental strength was key.
Well it was wasn't it?

2 Years ago this forum was producing stats to confirm Darmian was Italys fullback and had solved our problems
You also produced stats to show what a phenomenal player Schneiderlin was
You continue to produce stats to show that Schweinsteiger IS a fabulous game controller

Now if i could be arsed to dig out shirt sales for Depay,Falcao,Di Maria,Schweinsteiger and Pogba then that would be important stats with shirt sales per minute and then compare it to goals per minute would that interest you?
None of the above players feature in our all time legends section and only Pogba might

Oh yes i forgot Zlatan.
Now is a shirt selling legend or an all time great?
You lot seem to buy into the United publicity machine theories that are fed to you so i think i know the answer
The more shrewd will realise that after he has gone,probably at the end of the season he will be remembered alongside Blanc and Larsson as a bit of fun,as opposed to Wazza,Law and Viollet who are genuine goals per minute legends

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

why are you constantly talking about people calling Zlatan a United legend, i have yet to see a single board member calling him that.

talking about goal per game ratio i believe Zlatan is ahead of Rooney and scored a lot more goals in his career....

Zlatan has said it himslef he's not a one club man so the clubs know they are not getting a player for 10-15 years. He's looking for adventures through his career and is honest about it, he doesnt have to have Scholes or Giggs type of personallity or loyalty to one club to be an all time great football player.

As for his stats (and i'm not a fan of stats ) , they are fornicate amazing. Only a world class player can produce those numbers and that's a fact.

Lst season is not even comparable to this one. this year it is much more competitive so LVG ''achievement '' is very average.

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Lad bags a hat trick and no one pops in to tip their hat?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

Good call Dante.

It was among the worse hattricks I can ever remember from a United player and I hope he get another half dozen just like this one. lol :)
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

Lad bags a hat trick and no one pops in to tip their hat?
Guess we so jus so use to him scoring..need to set up automatic responses in this thread :)
Bring Back Becks Image

Dante
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

He's now scored in every competition for us.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”