10 months ago

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10 months ago

Read an article a while back that United were supposedly offering him 11,000,000 for the year's contract.
If there's any truth to that at his age then forget his character......his being massive on the pitch will be all that counts.
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

10 months ago

He's smashed all sorts of records during his medical
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic

10 months ago

He's smashed all sorts of records during his medical
Blood pressure, sugar levels? Lol

Zlatan don't get high blood pressure though, he pressured the blood.
"Those sunderland fans who were cheering for city, remember the day. We won't forget that, i'm telling you." - SAF

Giants14
International Player
International Player

10 months ago

I can't wait to see this guy lead our attack - class act
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

10 months ago

I can't wait to see this guy lead our attack - class act
Can't wait for the post game interviews, with Zlatan and Mourinho there will be no shortage of quotes.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

9 months ago

lel... Zlatan Vs Eric

Intriguing discussion between 2 of the biggest personalities to play for United:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic says he will be the 'God of Manchester' after responding to Eric Cantona's welcome message.

Cantona, who was nicknamed 'The King' during his time at Manchester United, claimed Ibrahimovic could become a prince at Old Trafford after joining the club on a free transfer earlier this month.

However, the Swedish striker was not happy with that assessment and responded as only he can.

"I admire Cantona and I heard what he said," Ibrahimovic is quoted as saying in Swedish newspaper Aftonbladet.

"But I won't be King of Manchester. I will be God of Manchester."

Cantona, who scored 82 goals in 185 appearances during four and a half years at United, welcomed Ibrahomivic to the club and even offered him the iconic No 7 shirt in a video for Eurosport.

Cantona said: "I have a personal message for Zlatan: You decided to go red. It is the best choice you ever made.

"When you walk into the Theatre of Dreams. When you can feel the ghosts of the legends that have been here before. When you score that first goal right in front of Stretford End. When you hear the crowd chanting your name.

"When your heart beats so strong that it bursts out of your chest. When you feel that you will love them as much as they will love you. You will know, my friend, that you finally made it home.
(l)

"Just one last thing, there can only be one King in Manchester. You can be the Prince if you want to. And the No 7 is yours if you are interested. That is my welcome gift to you… The King is gone! Long live the Prince!"
United head out to China on their pre-season tour on Tuesday as they prepare for the start of the Premier League season with fixtures against Borussia Dortmund and Manchester City.

Ibrahimovic is expected to start training with his new team-mates this week but it is unknown whether he will be in Jose Mourinho's squad for the trip to China.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

9 months ago

Funny that I was just thinking memphis can be fornicate off from the 7shirt for zlatan
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

9 months ago

We've been really missing this kind of arrogance/confidence. He's always been one of my favourite players and personalities in the game since he played for Ajax, I still can't believe he is a United player.
"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

9 months ago

God, I love Ibra.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

Jesus :lol:
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

9 months ago

God, I love Ibra.
God:"Me too."
"Those sunderland fans who were cheering for city, remember the day. We won't forget that, i'm telling you." - SAF

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

This is gonna be good!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

9 months ago

He is the cocky son of a bitch that we have needed since Sir Alex left.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

8 months ago

No Zlatan, no 50 goals..Cavani horror show

https://twitter.com/hashim0307/status/7 ... wsrc%5Etfw
Bring Back Becks Image

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

8 months ago

For the last few seasons Cavani has made noise about being the number one striker at PSG - sometime getting what you have asked for can be the worst thing in the world.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

8 months ago

lol, that's almost as bad as a Rooney "highlight" reel.

I personally never, ever, saw the hype around this guy. I can honestly say I have never once seen a performance from him that made me sit up and watch. Granted I don't watch PSG regularly, but I have seen him play enough, and not just for PSG.

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Max

8 months ago

I must admit he was amazing at Napoli. Absolute eye candy. For me, him and Lavezzi were the undisputed number one striking partnership in Serie A back then.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

8 months ago

I watch the Copa America when that's on and he was shit in both of those and the World Cup.

I could have scored some of the chances in that highlights reel.
Make football fabulous again!

Glorio
International Player
International Player

8 months ago

Zlatan's recent tweet

Glorio
International Player
International Player

8 months ago

OPINION: IBRA IS NEW KING OF OLD TRAFFORD

ManUtd.com’s Mark Froggatt blogs on Zlatan Ibrahimovic and his talismanic start in red…

Zlatan Ibrahimovic may only be 54 days and three matches into his Manchester United career, yet the Swedish striker already has the club under his charismatic spell.

Supporters have immediately taken to the man from Malmo and early comparisons with the similarly talismanic Eric Cantona are gaining credence with every outing. The night is still young, of course, but it feels like Old Trafford has a new king who rules with swagger, confidence and moments of brilliance.

Fans of Cantona and Denis Law, the King of the Stretford End, will dispute that rather grandiose statement and there is admittedly no doubting that Ibrahimovic is inferior to both at this stage in his Reds career. But monarchy is ultimately about succession and the anointment of new rulers. Now is Zlatan's time.

My first encounter with the Swede arrived on 1 July, when his free transfer to United was confirmed. It began with a loud voice bellowing down the stairs at the Aon Training Complex, reverberating around the reception area to alert us reporters waiting patiently in the media room downstairs. It was the unmistakeable baritone of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, superstar striker, reporting for his interview.

"OK, I’m ready, let’s do it," he boomed in that recognisable Scandinavian accent as all six feet and four inches of him bounded into our lives, with a broad smile and steely eyes. For some unrealised reason, that opening statement stuck with me, perhaps as I was admittedly excited to meet the big man, but those words feel more pertinent almost three months later in light of his goal-laden start to life at United.

Ibra was evidently "ready" that day, but not just for mere media duties. He was braced for the bigger picture – English football, a new opportunity and the biggest challenge of his storied career. It was Zlatan’s time (no hashtag!) to shine and he’s since grasped it with both hands, scoring the goal that clinched the FA Community Shield at Wembley and three more strikes in his first two Premier League appearances.

His match-winning brace against Southampton also displayed his particular importance to the new United and highlighted his popularity among the Old Trafford hardcore, after his face was splashed across the covers of fanzines sold outside while his name rang out in a chant that is spreading like wildfire. Beneath the Friday night lights, Zlatan emerged as United's leading man at the Theatre of Dreams.

The fans aren’t the only ones who have been seduced by the new number nine, of course. The players have welcomed his personality and character as well, embracing his arrival and recognising a galvanising figure who could yet usher in a return to title success. It has worked both ways, too, with Zlatan admitting on Friday that he is enjoying his mentor role with United’s wide-eyed youngsters, 12 years after entering a Juventus dressing room littered with World Cup winners, European champions and Italian legends.

Ibrahimovic opened up on his new role while talking to this writer and Stuart Mathieson of the Manchester Evening News in Friday’s 'mixed zone', the area where the press can interview players. It was noteworthy because he had coincidentally appeared alongside 22-year-old Eric Bailly, his fellow summer signing whose English is limited at this moment. But instead of continuing to the players’ car park, the Ivorian chose to wait for 10 minutes as his new friend spoke to reporters, ironically about looking after his younger team-mates. Later, I realised this may have been an apprentice watching a master at work.

Luke Shaw, our 21-year-old left-back, has also talked enthusiastically about the Ibra effect and how story time has become a regular dressing room feature at United.

"He’s funny," Shaw told our own Gemma Thompson. "He’s one of the nicest guys as well and he has a lot of stories that we like to hear; the way he tells them is so funny! We get on really well with him. It’s not like he’s just sat with the youngsters, we all sit together and, honestly, listening to his stories is so good!"

With the supporters won over, and the players seemingly under his spell, Zlatan’s next task is to transform such infatuation into permanent adoration at the club and that certainly won’t be as swift a process.

But even if his debut season at United does not yield silverware, leaving his mission temporarily unfulfilled, at least it won’t be dull. Let’s just sit back, watch and enjoy the show. All hail king Ibra.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

6 months ago

Top player but needs to sit for now. Skysports have done a piece on his missed chances (don't know why they've never done one about a certain player who's been similarly poor for a while now) and it doesn't make for pleasant viewing. Someone says he's not getting chances, well he is.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... big-misses

I'd go with Martial through the middle and Rashford from the left (or swap), while Lingard and Mikhitaryan battle for the right flank. That's a lot of pace and that's what gave us success despite the turgid football on show last season

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

4 months ago

Really found his feet here now. Incredible how many goals he's scored considering he was on a pretty poor run of not scoring not so long ago
100% Top Red

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

4 months ago

Really found his feet here now. Incredible how many goals he's scored considering he was on a pretty poor run of not scoring not so long ago
He is awesome and at his age he is very fit. I'm worried that Jose did not want to rest him at all though.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”