Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Re: Proud to Announce

Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:31 pm

from sky sport :

Manchester United have announced an operating profit of £37.6m in the club's quarterly figures - which also reveal a big increase in its overall debt.

United saw increases in television revenue, up 40.8 per cent at £52.5m, and matchday revenues are up 27 per cent at £38.6m. As a result of these two factors, overall turnover was up 18 per cent at £157.9m.

Staff costs have however gone up 14 per cent, largely due to the arrival of Jose Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

And there was a significant increase in the club's net debt, as of 31 December 2016. The figure stands at £409.3m, an increase of £87.2m - or 27 per cent - over the year.

The club puts the increase down to the weak pound against the dollar.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "We are pleased to be competing for the first available trophy of the season when we travel to Wembley to face Southampton in the EFL Cup final this month.

"The robustness of our business model continues to be reflected in our strong quarterly financial results and we remain on track to deliver record revenues for the year."

One intriguing difference between this quarter and the last is the presence in the credit accounts of Bastian Schweinsteiger. The German was effectively written out of the last set whilst he was out of the first team picture.

But the club now says he is "re-established as a member of the first team playing squad," and it values him at £4.8m.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:06 pm

from sky sport :

Manchester United have announced an operating profit of £37.6m in the club's quarterly figures - which also reveal a big increase in its overall debt.

United saw increases in television revenue, up 40.8 per cent at £52.5m, and matchday revenues are up 27 per cent at £38.6m. As a result of these two factors, overall turnover was up 18 per cent at £157.9m.

Staff costs have however gone up 14 per cent, largely due to the arrival of Jose Mourinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba and Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

And there was a significant increase in the club's net debt, as of 31 December 2016. The figure stands at £409.3m, an increase of £87.2m - or 27 per cent - over the year.

Executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward said: "We are pleased to be competing for the first available trophy of the season when we travel to Wembley to face Southampton in the EFL Cup final this month.

"The robustness of our business model continues to be reflected in our strong quarterly financial results and we remain on track to deliver record revenues for the year."

One intriguing difference between this quarter and the last is the presence in the credit accounts of Bastian Schweinsteiger. The German was effectively written out of the last set whilst he was out of the first team picture.

But the club now says he is "re-established as a member of the first team playing squad," and it values him at £4.8m.
So the club debt has gone up by a Ronaldo
Maybe the Glazers will put a few quid back in to compensate
:laugh: :laugh:

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:14 am

from sky sport :

Reading a bit more into the important statement from Scouse Ed yesterday
The club has increased match day revenues.How?
If the ground is full it is full isn't it
As ticket prices are frozen,as was pointed out to me how can they get more income?
I'll tell you how
By bending a Chinaman over a large table and sticking a defrosted burger and chips up his bum(with ketchup) for another £450 as he loves to watch Wayne Rooney

Somebody please keep an eye on Ben as he might have read the CEO's report and might now well be on suicide watch

In todays Daily Mail it is reported that
"The significance of Wayne Rooney to Manchester United can be gauged by executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward name checking the captain in his commentary to shareholders on the second quarter financial results.Such a business analysis rarely mentions a player by name but Woodward said Rooney breaking Bobby Charltons record was momentous"

Looks like Wazza'a 250OOney shirts are big sellers in the Far East and as such "One more year" might be the cry coming from the important Hong Kong megastore

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

Mixed messages coming out about DDG isn't there

Will he stay or will he go?

If Madrid come with a large cheque i think i know the answer to that
After all "we never needed him" and "he is a selfish greedy bastard"
It's nice to know we are building for the future
Watch this space

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Feb 10, 2017 9:16 am

Looks like a seriously long and draining pre season in the USA

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:08 pm

to continue with the money theme..most paid players in each club

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:04 am

to continue with the money theme..most paid players in each club

I am not sure what you are trying to say or prove

United's salaries paid are nothing to do with quality of player
It is almost all related to income achieved and nothing else

According to your figures Wayne Rooney is the highest paid player at United
He is certainly no longer the best player
In my opinion DDG is but he doesn't sell shirts which is why there is even talk(again) of him possibly joining Madrid
He should be earning that much at United and have,as a result,such a large buyout clause that it would be impossible to turn his head
But that's not the case

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:54 am

Damnit Barry :shock: :x ....You know being logical is against the rules ;)

They did that last season but over compensated it appears due to the slightly increasing spaces that are appearing on match days

I hear they failed to attract the Indians,despite sending lots of ambassadors to Mumbai
It seems the Indians prefer to support on TV rather than come on the pilgrimage
Also the Scandinavian market will thin out if they don't trigger Zlatans one year option

Owt's better than nowt
Now that's a logical business plan Devil

I thought you might have worked that out for yourself but i am always happy to help you understand the brand logical thought processes

Must be gospel then.....thanks for helping me to understand maria (Y)
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:15 am

Damnit Barry :shock: :x ....You know being logical is against the rules ;)

They did that last season but over compensated it appears due to the slightly increasing spaces that are appearing on match days

I hear they failed to attract the Indians,despite sending lots of ambassadors to Mumbai
It seems the Indians prefer to support on TV rather than come on the pilgrimage
Also the Scandinavian market will thin out if they don't trigger Zlatans one year option

Owt's better than nowt
Now that's a logical business plan Devil

I thought you might have worked that out for yourself but i am always happy to help you understand the brand logical thought processes

Must be gospel then.....thanks for helping me to understand maria (Y)
I didn't say it was gospel as United don't comment on anything but they DID send a lot of club ambassadors out to Mumbai last year and the Indian fans haven't appeared in Middle Eastern numbers so 2 = 2 + 4

Yesterday was interesting
I was walking past the Premier Inn near the ground when 2 plane loads of coaches(10 coaches) emptied the Singapore ipad branch out to the stadium
All had 50/50 scarves and Wayne Looney banners.
United have resisted banners into the ground for year after year using the health and safety bullshit as the reason
It seems that cash talks as they now allow them in if you come from the Far East
They walked right past the Munich memorial where old fans were gathering to go for selfies by the statues

When the teams "tried" to line up for a minutes silence before the game some fornicate from Scandinavia sat behind me asked "Who's died?"
I give up

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:12 pm

well i've been quiet on here.
Too busy

But in a couple of weeks they are to announce a Harlem Globetrotter gruelling pre season with 6 games in the USA
Based in Los Angeles they will play 5 games and finish on the way out in New York

You American tourists get ready with your vocal support of "you're a bum" and don't forget the great English phrases
It's not football,it's soccer
Don't forget we play in the EPL and we haven't had many PK's this season

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:23 pm

Strong rumours today that they are sticking with Shaw and not going to try to buy a left back in the summer

That makes sense to me
Shaw is very poor and looks unfit and they don't have any natural cover however left backs don't sell shirts and Shaw won't pass a medical so concentrate on getting Robben or similar to sell number 7 shirts

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Sky are proud to announce that they are blocking illegal feeds and streaming

Does that bugger 90% of this forum up or do you have other illegal ways of streamimg?
I know some of you never watch the games anyway but having listened to it on the radio you still have strong views on the games!!

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:36 pm

sad bitter old man :yawn:

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:01 am

sad bitter old man :yawn:
Don't take it out on me because your days as a number one opinionated days as an armchair fan look like they are coming to an end
You have two choices left
One is listen to the game on the radio and then give a very strong,uneducated opinion like you already do
or
You can pay United a fee and watch the game and then give your opinion

United would,of course,like you to pay

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:42 am

United are proud to announce they have screwed up the tickets for the cup match against Chelsea tomorrow
They didn't start sending the tickets out until last Wednesday and Thursday for reasons that are only known to the club
Anybody who lives in Ireland or similar, almost certainly,didn't receive the tickets
Some were leaving Ireland on Friday to have a week at Cheltenham races after the cup match
United have told them to screw up the day in London and collect the tickets in person along with about 3000 others on the day of the game at the Chelsea ticket office
Now i suspect many,if any have ever been to the Stamford Bridge ticket office but it is down a tiny alleyway at the back of the ground
It will be mayhem and United's attitude?
"What do you want us to do?"
Whilst they have been struggling to get tickets out to fans they have managed to daily email all season ticket holders reminding them they have limited time to renew and executive club ticket holders who are clearly not renewing as fast as the Glazers want are being offered an "Evening with somebody,to be confirmed",if you sign up and pay in the next 3 weeks

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:45 am

unlike you, i haven't fattened Glazer's cayman account with my money.
I pay 40 euro per month for TV / internet and i get to see every game in the top leagues without bullshit pay per view...so there's hardly any need for streams.
Listening to the game on radio ? what year is it? 1953

with you superior knowledge i dont even have to watch games, i just read your post game post. someday i wish i'll have your level of understanding of the game

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:06 pm

I pay 40 euro per month for TV / internet and i get to see every game in the top leagues without bullshit pay per view...so there's hardly any need for streams.

with you superior knowledge i dont even have to watch games, i just read your post game post. someday i wish i'll have your level of understanding of the game
Well keep watching what the TV shows you and listen to the commentators who tell you what your opinions are
Don't fatten the Glazers up and don't watch or support the team live
One day you can come on a pilgrimage and buy a 50/50 scarf and take a photo of your match ticket for posterity
Don't forget to stand in front of the Trinity statue and have your photo taken on your ipad with thumbs up and a daft ipad photo smile on your face
The statue,by the way,is of Law,Best and Charlton
All played the beautiful game the United way before Sky TV
I know you are aware of who Bobby Charlton is.He is the one with the stand named after him
Google the other two as i know the names probably sound familiar to you

Until then i bow to your knowledge and understanding of the TV game and wait breathless for your opinions

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:33 am

I just had a rethink about your comments above where you claim that "you" haven't fattened the Glazers Cayman Islands account unlike me
I know you like to think you are intelligent so think this through
Where do the Glazers get a huge percentage of the money into the Caymans islands?
It isn't the takings on the match tickets.That is an average of about £50 per person to a maximum capacity of 75,000
From that comes expenses such as police,stewards etc and of course players wages
These matches are actually a pain in United's and the Glazers arse
They bugger up the real income streams which are,in no set order
Sponsorship
Merchandising
and the big one which is TV Revenue
Why is the TV revenue so huge,i hear you ask?
Well that's because a lot of mugs pay 40 Euros to watch
It may be an individual pittance but get enough mugs,which they do and you have a huge number of mugs paying a fortune whilst pretending they are die hard loyal football fans

QED

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:40 am

I hope the team didn't get too buggered up with the long coach trip back from Stamford Bridge on Monday that got them back to Manchester at 4am after a horrendous 5 hour journey on the coach

Why was it so long?
Well the new club secretary,a scouser appointed by Scouse Ed decided to save money on the plane they hired to get them back quickly
Rather than hire the plane for the day,as every top team does,to have it sat on the runway waiting for the team, he hired it for half a day to save some money
As a result the plane got delayed with its earlier job and it was too late to get a replacement
The last train had left London so the team were forced to stay on the coach that was just,originally,taking them to the airport and travel home on it
The good news is that United don't have to pay the plane owners
Can life get any better
That is why Jose is so bad tempered at the moment
Also note how many games,usually in London,the team coach has arrived late
The good news is that stressed as the team are it does't affect megastore sales in Bangkok

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 am

The travel plans changed - they are grown men - happens to millions of people everyday who go to work the following day- these things happen.

Although im glad you mentioned about the megastore sales - I was worried about that.
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:22 pm

These are finely tuned athletes for which small margins make big differences
They are not a few pissed up idiots going from one Irish bar to another if the beer runs out

But you must never worry about the megastore sales again
They are always doing well

Even Prince Albert had a 50/50 scarf on for the Monaco game last night and he is neither a pilgrim nor a tourist
I didn't see an ipad though nor a daft pose with two thumbs up
Must have missed it

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 17, 2017 8:59 pm

Two emails today

One urging me to renew my season ticket before the 31st March before they offer it elsewhere
They "don't want me to forget and miss out as they are selling out fast on the waiting list"

The second email asked me to join the waiting list and if i do and pay now i might win a free season ticket in a daily random draw
So which is it?
Heavily over subscribed or touting for subscribers
It's like Donald Trump and "Fake news" with this lot

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:02 pm

Anderlechts ground only holds 21,000 for European games so United's allocation will be very small
I am going to the game as the train from London only takes about an hour and it's Easter weekend so can make a mini break

Limited tickets are going to be available to those making their own arrangements however Thomas Cook have 1000 places available if you fancy getting your arse slapped
Good job the club wants the fans to get behind the team cough cough

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:50 pm

I now know that Thomas Cook will guarantee you a match ticket for Anderlecht if you travel with them and get your arse slaaped
I think that is legalised ticket touting isn't it?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Back to the whisper grapevine

I am hearing that Zlatan is being pushed to say whether he will or won't sign the 1 year extension
I am told that he has said he will sign if they give him MORE money
What a loyal player if this is indeed true

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”