Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: RE: Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:02 am

SUBXERO wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:21 am
redmaria wrote:Today i turn my attention across the waters to America in what i found a typical story to break out of the great American sports owners

After 56 years in San Diego the Chargers are moving to Los Angeles
They gave the usual Manchester United style bollocks press release
"Proud to announce","looking forward to an exciting new era","San Diego will always be in our hearts" etc etc etc
So why the move?
Well the stadium that hosts their match day experiences aka as the ground is knackered
They need a new one.
Well after 56 years why didn't they maintain it or build their own.
Well that's easy.They wanted the city of San Diego to build them a new one.They wanted the city to pay by either imposing a hotel tax or local citizens aka fans should cough up taxes
Now this is not a skint team and they don't have a skint owner
They just have a greedy owner who it has been claimed has tried to blackmail the city of San Diego
Tut tut surely not.Thank goodness we at Manchester United don't have that

So off they go to Los Angeles leaving behind a community of several generations of support plus people now out of work etc etc
Obviously the press statement with hearfelt thanks makes it all ok
And if it doesn't.Well tough shit
That's the American way of rewarding support and recognising community obligations
At least the owners can gather round the table on Thanksgiving and try to believe that family matters

Is this a lesson for the future of Manchester United?
Probably not but you never know

But then if you never go or intend to go to Old Trafford it won't matter whether you watch the feed with United playing in Manchester,London or whisper it quietly Liverpool!!!
The world is changing faster than we think, Ray. Well, across the pond at least, so there's the next one. This time it's the Oakland Raiders, one of the traditional... franchises (thought twice about writing "clubs") on the West Coast. They just filed a request about a relocation to Las Vegas in 2020.

Although their owner has a history with blackmailing local authorities and forcing moves across the state, it's sad to see them leave the Bay Area and a huge fan base after 60 years, which is hell of a time according to american sports standards. Their new "home" in the middle of the desert is expected to cost nearly 2 bn USD.
I've never been sure how the so called custodians of a sport allow owners to just ruin a community
As i once lived for 3 months a year in the States i appreciate that sport is mostly completely different to the UK but still after 60 years should they be allowed to just uproot for no other reason than shirt sales ie money?
It did amuse me at baseball games when the fans would turn up about the third innings with a jumbo hot dog,a pile of nachos and several beers.
They would wait,usually until the seventh innings stretch,sing "Take me out to the ballpark" and then leave
I never did see the point

I also went to quite a few football games,sorry soccer games in and around New York
Also fascinating
You would have fans sitting next to each other wearing Liverpool and/or Manchester United shirts,even though neither were playing shouting lots of important things,like "you bum" and "bench him"
You know really getting behind their team
And yet for a college game they would get 100,000 and all supportive

I never did get to a basketball game
Probably just as well

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Proud to Announce

Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:35 am

Just listened to the managers press conference from yesterday
Quite interesting
He would not say a bad word about Depay,quite correctly.He said he was a good professional that had shown flashes which is why United had a buy back clause in his contract.That seems sensible in case he does improve
He confirmed that it was not his intention to let anybody go in January unless United got the correct bids,which they did.
At that point it is only fair to let the players go.
He confirmed that he was short in a few positions but said he didn't like buying in January so i suspect that nobody is coming
**My snout tells me that Griezemann is definately not coming in January as he wants Champions League football.Where United finish at the end of the season will affect whether he wants to join us then
He knew nothing about the Ashley Young rumour linking him with China

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jan 21, 2017 9:48 am

Anybody going??
The Association of Football Writers are having their annual dinner at The Savoy Hotel in London on Monday
The guest of honour is Wazza who is being recognised for his goal scoring records

United tried to send an MUTV crew down to film it but when the club was asked to pay for the privilege of filming they were proud to announce they would not be paying to record it
As such they are sending a TV crew down on the cheap.They are putting them up in a Travelodge and trying to jib in for some interviews only
Tight arses!!

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:12 am

Well i got an email last night only 4 hours after the event
Manchester United merchandising are proud to offer Wayne Rooney limited edition shirts for £75
They have changed the name on the back to 250oney
Ben do you want me to order you one or are you on suicide watch?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:16 am

Paul Pogba was proud to announce the launch of his new Adidas Hip Hop range of clothes
They sold out within the hour
Coach Marcus,if you missed, out drop me an email and i will get you anything you missed out on as soon as they restock
Jackets are about £400

Paul was quoted in the papers this week as claiming it is not his fault United are not scoring enough
He says it is not his job to score goals
So what exactly is your job?How will you keep the United board that paid £90m for you happy?
Now let me think

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:09 am

I didn't know where to put this as it covers several subjects

The papers are reporting several issues at Old Trafford
Ashley Young wants to go on loan but at 31 is desperate to play more
I wonder what they will do
My feelings are that this squad has been lucky with injuries so far but we are now going into the busiest part of the season.The having a laugh Thursday cup is back plus the FA cup.Traditionally all players that have been carrying niggles start to come under pressure about March
We need him in reserve(well that's all he is) but on his contract of £5m a year this is a chance to shave £4m off the wages bill for the rest of the season

Martial's relationship with jose is very strained
He was dropped and left out of the squad against Stoke without explanation
Jose will not comment
He is unhappy about losing his number 9 shirt after scoring 17 goals last season(,his first)you see Zlatan is not the only one capable of scoring and this is a young kid who played last year as his first season with us
He wants to go to Sevilla and when he told the club that Jose said Martial should listen to him and not his agent
I can see this ending in tears as Jose is a strong man but when Zlatan moves on,soon who can we get as by then we will have sold Martial for £40m and we all know which country that will go to
As Martial is only on £65k a week this will drag on as United's profit is clearly in the transfer fee and they won't worry too much about the relative pittance of the salary

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 am

Martials attitude has stunk this season l, starting with crying over a fornicate number to poor performances and now this. He has the best manager in football willing to coach him but he's crying. Knuckle the fornicate down and play your role. You're not bigger than the club. He could do a thing or two and listen to zlatan. If he has half the career zlatan has has we've got a mighty fine player on our hAnds
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:12 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 am
Martials attitude has stunk this season l, starting with crying over a fornicate number to poor performances and now this. He has the best manager in football willing to coach him but he's crying. Knuckle the fornicate down and play your role. You're not bigger than the club. He could do a thing or two and listen to zlatan. If he has half the career zlatan has has we've got a mighty fine player on our hAnds
You biased unreasonable sod

The lad is young and ambitious
We took a chance on the lad and he took a chance on us

In his first season he was our leading scorer
He scored important goals including in the FA Cup semi final
He won the Golden Boy as Europe's best Under 21's player
And his reward for all the above is to shoved out on the wing and bollocked for playing badly out of position and now being bollocked for having a bad attitude
All he did was what you think is important ie Be United's top scorer as we finished sixth
Zlatan is our top scorer and we are currently 6th and,to be honest,that looks our most likely finishing position

I don't know what you do for a living,Sandies,but if you did whatever you do well and then get told to do something completely different and you were young and ambitious i suspect you too would be pissed off if some old fart came in to do the job you had done so well and just for a year

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 pm

Except Ray, as you might remember, he played 90% of last year out out on the left. It had united fans everywhere complaining and questioning why but he still played out on the left. And as you said , he still scored 17 goals from out there and was one bright spark in the most boring football team in living memory

Everyone said imagine if he actually had a proper forward helping him and proper midfield helping him and now he has it he's thrown his toys out the pram because he has a little competition and a manager that won't tolerate a sulking Frenchman

But Martial has actually been really good since Jose came out and told him to stop crying to his agent and listen to him. Up until the new year period he stunk up the joint and still getting over the fact he shagged his way through Manchester when he as a misses and baby at home and his performances were hindered by his personal life. Martial has the ability and talent to be a legend at united, in whatever position he wants but he needs he attitude. Look at how Jose handled Mikki, martial will do well to knuckle down like he did

I also would not compare martials situation to mine. If someone paid me fornicate minimum wages (let alone what we are paying Martial) to play for the worlds biggest club I would
Work my fornicate ass off and do what I was told and put them team first. Imagine Roy Keane was around to deal with these little babies having a cry everytime they're on the bench or the manager was a little mean to them. Just ask mark bosnich what keane would do to these babies. These many birth canals got 2 managers sacked already but there won't be third. So maybe realize you're part of a team and not the main attraction.

And all you need to do is look through my posts last year to see my praise and love for Martial. But he still performed out on the left because he's good enough to do it and it benefits the club to have our 2 best attackers on the pitch at the same time. So do what's best for the club and shut the fornicate up

Martial has all the talent in the world to beform what he wants to. It's up to him to decide whether he wants to be another Thierry Henry or another Nicolas Anelka

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:02 pm

Todays proud to announce is to show what caring people United are
They are making a bigger facility for disabled customers(sorry i meant to say fans)

Well actually the situation is this
The club has been shamed into offering a bigger section following a report

United's answer is to extent the wheelchair enclosure sideways in to the Bobby Charlton and Alex Ferguson stands
That means uprooting fans that have had season tickets for decades.They have become little communities as sons followed fathers
That is as opposed to tourists and pilgrims
United are pretending to offer priory relocations to these people so they can stick together but the individual "account" managers they have appointed are promising nothing but they are trying to sell upgraded season tickets

Also the disabled supporters,who have up till now enjoyed free access and the use of there own lounge have been told that when the enclosure is finished they are going to have to buy tickets at full prices.
That does indeed make them customers and not supporters

Next proud to announce is the ballot was done today for away tickets for the City v United game
Those that were lucky in the ballot had the money grabbed out of their account immediately
When is the game?
Well if United beat Hull tomorrow it is postponed until May
They must need the money!!

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:59 am

Within an hour of reaching Wembley United were proud to announce that we were in the EFL final and up to 20% off the megastore
http://store.manutd.com/stores/manutd/en

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:06 pm

So for once they were actually caring about the fans?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:25 am

Sandies wrote:
They are building an extended area for disabled customers as they have been shamed in to doing so by reports
They are uprooting fans that have sat together for years without consultation and offering them more expensive tickets or they can get lost
The disabled supporters,many of who are skint,live only for United and have enjoyed free entry since the 1920's will have to pay full price for themselves and their carer.
So if that's looking after the fans yes
If you see it as building a wall across Mexico and telling the Mexicans to pay then no
But as long as you tell them they are great people and you are doing it for them and believe that then it is OK

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:18 am

redmaria wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:25 am
Sandies wrote:
They are building an extended area for disabled customers as they have been shamed in to doing so by reports
They are uprooting fans that have sat together for years without consultation and offering them more expensive tickets or they can get lost
The disabled supporters,many of who are skint,live only for United and have enjoyed free entry since the 1920's will have to pay full price for themselves and their carer.
So if that's looking after the fans yes
If you see it as building a wall across Mexico and telling the Mexicans to pay then no
But as long as you tell them they are great people and you are doing it for them and believe that then it is OK
Except you were talking about giving a discount on shirts, nothing to do with the disabled section. 2 different topics

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:36 pm

redmaria wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:02 pm
Todays proud to announce is to show what caring people United are
They are making a bigger facility for disabled customers(sorry i meant to say fans)

Well actually the situation is this
The club has been shamed into offering a bigger section following a report

United's answer is to extent the wheelchair enclosure sideways in to the Bobby Charlton and Alex Ferguson stands
That means uprooting fans that have had season tickets for decades.They have become little communities as sons followed fathers
That is as opposed to tourists and pilgrims
United are pretending to offer priory relocations to these people so they can stick together but the individual "account" managers they have appointed are promising nothing but they are trying to sell upgraded season tickets

Also the disabled supporters,who have up till now enjoyed free access and the use of there own lounge have been told that when the enclosure is finished they are going to have to buy tickets at full prices.
That does indeed make them customers and not supporters

Next proud to announce is the ballot was done today for away tickets for the City v United game
Those that were lucky in the ballot had the money grabbed out of their account immediately
When is the game?
Well if United beat Hull tomorrow it is postponed until May
They must need the money!!
I think you might want to read my post and engage brain before mouth
Then you would realise shirts are not mentioned
Do you have a thing about shirts?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jan 29, 2017 1:33 am

good lord

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:56 am

Sandies wrote:
good lord
Is that an apology?

Bram de Vries
New Signing
New Signing
Call Me: Bram

Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:59 am

redmaria wrote:
Sandies wrote:
good lord
Is that an apology?
He was replying to your other post about the 20%

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:07 pm

BRAM!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:13 pm

Bram de Vries wrote:
redmaria wrote:
Sandies wrote:
good lord
Is that an apology?
What 20%?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 29, 2017 12:31 pm

United merchandising online are proud to announce 20% off matchday kit today
"Get ready for the FA Cup"

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:01 pm

Bram de Vries wrote:
redmaria wrote:
Sandies wrote:
good lord
Is that an apology?
BRAM! Oh my God. Welcome back son.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:41 pm

Ole wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:01 pm
Bram de Vries wrote:
redmaria wrote:

Is that an apology?
BRAM! Oh my God. Welcome back son.
I hope you are joking!!
I hope you don't think you're my father!!

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:14 am

Proud to announce that if we get to the next round of the FA Cup then the Southampton away game becomes midweek
That's not a problem if you just watch on the TV but a big problem if you are a supporting supporter as it is a long long way
Also no Chinese will go to Southampton midweek so that screws Thomas Cook as well

Interestingly very few Chinese about yesterday v Wigan
Don't they like the cup or were they pissed up celebrating the year of the cock?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:32 am

I have just been reading the morning newspaper(yes Marcus people still read the newspapers and not everything comes from the internet) and i was surprised to realise that Schweinsteigers number of games in his Manchester United career is only 33 games.
In fact it would have been less if Jose and Ed had got their own way and he had left before the season started as Ed wanted him to do
Yesterday was the greatest obvious input on this World Cup,European Cup etc etc winners(well you guys keep blowing that trumpet) Manchester United career
He scored ONE and made ONE

And yet his shirt sales soared during this illustrious career
http://www.thesportbible.com/football/n ... 6-20160717

Please keep telling me this club is not about shirt sales,the bottom line and sponsors and is a family and community alert club
:cry: :cry:

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”