Next Match: Image
Ajax in the Europa League Final.
Wednesday 24th May 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

Proud to Announce

4 months ago

Manchester United are proud to announce a new Thomas Cook deal in China to allow 100 million United fans in the ipad branch the opportunity of coming to Old Trafford to spend £499 plus VAT for a defrosted burger and oven chips plus a VIP plastic tag and the opportunity to buy a 50/50 scarf.
This club knows how to look after the local community that made it so famous
Give Thomas Cook £1500 for a flight and a room at the shit Premier Inn and your ticket is guaranteed for any game
For any local fans of life time watching they can only tell you that unfortunately no tickets are available
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... China.aspx

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Proud to Announce

4 months ago

I think i will continue using this thread to post anything that catches my eye that seems wrong to me.
Not just United but all clubs
United have announced that almost all the 3200 United fans who have got away tickets for the game at Leicester City coming up shortly will have to turn up at the campus at Leicester University at 10am on the day of the game to prove you are you
You need a passport or a driving licence
Failure to produce such and/or you don't collect the ticket means an automatic one year ban for applying for away tickets
If this happens to you again then it is a 3 year ban
This has happened before this season and serious illness is still counted as a no show and gers you the ban
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 49666.html
When i say most i am not including Thomas Cook fans who don't have to turn up at Leicester university.
Their match ticket is posted along with their airline ticket and hotel reservation

So what's behind all of this
Well call me suspicious but could this be the logic
The cost of an away ticket this year,after FA legislation,is £30
For the Leicester game United can sell all 3200 tickets easily and raise £96,000
After allowing for their own expenses United will give Leicester about £92,000 and make nothing.They will just cover expenses
Now if United could sell all 3200 tickets to overseas tourists for £1500 a package then they would need to cover a flight with Thomas Cook(average possibly £600) and a nights accomodation at a Premier Inn(maybe £80) plus the cost of the ticket £30
Total profit per package is almost £800 and x 3200 the profit to United will be over £10m
Now this is hypothetical and you won't get 3200 wanting to fly in.But you have to start somewhere
Of course the team will get no support as overseas tourists just do not bring any passion or atmosphere
It is like a friendly with Americans shouting "you bum" at everything,The Sandinavians just get drunk and don't know they are at a game and the Far East tourists just take selfies of them with a "thumb up"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Moving on to another team of tosser owners with no loyalty

Swansea City sacked and then didn't sack legend Alan Curtis

When they changed manager this week he brought in his own back room staff.
That's fair enough

Curtis however is immensely popular at Swansea having been around since 1972
He has been a player,community officer and a caretaker manager
He is seen as an icon by fans and respected by players

He expressed his surprise at being told by TEXT that he had been sacked

The Swansea supporters association described it as a "joke" and a sign at what the club now represented

At this point Swansea backtracked and said he hadn't actually been sacked as he had "a job for life if he wants it"
When asked what that was they said "er er er.We haven't worked that out yet"

Methinks he will tell them to fornicate off and that would be the correct thing to do
I suspect he no longer has nice feelings towards this club and why should this happen?

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Three to announce today

Tommy Docherty wrote an article in the Daily Mail
For those that don't know there was football before Sky he was our manager
We were relegated under him but he refused to compromise playing the United way with pace up front on the wings
He got us straight back up and won us the FA Cup
He was also Chelsea manager
He has stopped going to Old Trafford since he asked for two tickets for a game which they sent him with an invoice for £88
He sent the tickets back and hasn't been since.They don't give a fornicate
He says he hasn't been Chelsea manager for 50 years but they still send him a Harrods hamper every Xmas
One club has class and one club is greedy for every penny

Number 2
We beat Reading in the FA Cup a couple of hours ago and already the ticket office has sent out texts and emails informing season ticket holders that the draw for the next round is Monday and if we are drawn at home the money will be coming out of your bank straight away.You then get the obligatory bollocking which is "that it is your responsibility to make sure the cash is in your account and if it isn't you are banned for applying for any other tickets

Number 3
Jose and United are coming to blows on pre season
United are currently talking Los Angeles in July 2017
Jose thinks it is too far but if they must he doesn't want to do a coast to coast tour
Doesn't he realise that this is a serious money spinner and as such far more important than a good start to the league

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Max

Re: RE: Re: Proud to Announce

4 months ago

We were relegated under him but he refused to compromise playing the United way with pace up front on the wings
He has stopped going to Old Trafford since he asked for two tickets for a game which they sent him with an invoice for £88
He says he hasn't been Chelsea manager for 50 years but they still send him a Harrods hamper every Xmas
Great article and a great manager. Could have turned out to be the premature end of our post babes barren years. But, in the end, it was a case of cherchez la femme.

However, his legacy will live forever. For me, the 70s were the defining decade of modern day United albeit not as successful as other decades. Pancho, Merlin, Sammy Mac, Macari, The Greenhoffs... Goose bumps!
UNITED > ENGLAND

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Great article and a great manager. Could have turned out to be the premature end of our post babes barren years. But, in the end, it was a case of cherchez la femme.

However, his legacy will live forever. For me, the 70s were the defining decade of modern day United albeit not as successful as other decades. Pancho, Merlin, Sammy Mac, Macari, The Greenhoffs... Goose bumps!
Oh boy,Martin Buchan,Stevie Coppell,Arthur Albiston,Big Jim Holton,Gordon McQueen,Joe Jordan.

Some of the best football from a United team you will ever see.
God bless them all. (l)
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player

4 months ago

Blessed are those who were around back then. Tapes and stories can barely reflect the spirit of the seventies.
UNITED > ENGLAND

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Well today is a good day for the United football family
My snout in the ticket office tells me 550 ish of people who applied for and got Leicester away tickets in the ballot didn't get the required information in,as required ie names and emails of those attending by the Saturday deadline
As such they are knocked out of the loyalty pot and the 550 tickets now become loose for every game for the ipad branch
With good games in London still to come(Arsenal,Spurs and West Ham) and the Thomas Cook planes fuelled up United are proud to announce guaranteed VIP availability for anybody with 1500 pounds,an ipad and a 50/50 scarf

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

4 months ago

My snout in the ticket office tells me 550 ish of people who applied for and got Leicester away tickets in the ballot didn't get the required information in,as required ie names and emails of those attending by the Saturday deadline
As such they are knocked out of the loyalty pot and the 550 tickets now become loose for every game for the ipad branch
With good games in London still to come(Arsenal,Spurs and West Ham) and the Thomas Cook planes fuelled up United are proud to announce guaranteed VIP availability for anybody with 1500 pounds,an ipad and a 50/50 scarf
Great news. Don't see why the locals should hog all the tickets. It's about time loyal supporters from around the world got to see the team play live.
Make football fabulous again!

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Great news. Don't see why the locals should hog all the tickets. It's about time loyal supporters from around the world got to see the team play live.
It depends whether you think the team should be supported or just watched
Have you ever sat behind a row of tourists with ipads held high
They don't speak or cheer or shout.That's called no atmosphere
You can't even be sure who they support as they all have 50/50 scarves
The only time they take the ipads down from above their heads is to take selfies
It tickles my bollocks as they all strike the same pose
The girls pout and the boys put two thumbs up
They can't wait until the end of the game so they can rush to the edge of the pitch and take more facebook photos
Usually they have no idea of what the score is as they are happy clappy chappies irrelevant we have won or lost
Clearly Jose is not happy as he said after the semi last night that it was important everybody did their bit against Liverpool.
The players,the manager AND THE FANS
They should paint that on the plane like "THIS IS ANFIELD"
It should say "SCREAM AND SUPPORT YOU BASTARDS".Now that's football talk

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Can somebody explain this to me

Last year they had sold out every ticket in the ground in record time.
Whether you wanted a season ticket,a box ir an executive seat there was just nothing available,alledgedly

Then as we approached the season they announced you could secure a seat for any game you wanted for just £499 for a matchday package
So where were these tickets suddenly coming from?

Today i got an email from the club informing me that they were aware that i once held an executive facility and if i wanted to apply for season 2017/18 now it would be guaranteed
They even offered me a bribe.If i introduced a friend and he signed a contract for £10,000 or more for next season i would get a replica shirt
They then give me the bullshit that i had to decide soon as they had sold out in record time last year

So where are these guaranteed tickets coming from?
Methinks the 104 million Chinese fans and 80 million Indian fans might be slowing down
Gates are indeed down a bit

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

FFS here we go again.

I think i heard announed,at the Hull match,that we now had an official tractor partner.

Well today we have announced that we have an official taxi partner in Uber.
Well they are going to get a designated parking area at Old Trafford so the tourists and pilgrims can travel to and from the airport in an official United sponsors cab.Please do not use licenced black cabs!!!

Even those of you who have never been to Old Trafford and never intend to come can show your support by doing what United encourage you to do ie jump in an Uber taxi
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... deals.html

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

4 months ago

Surely Ipswich would corner the right in tractor sponsors :P

By the way I used to really like tractors, but I dont anymore... In fact I am now an ex-tractor fan!!

*pass me my coat*
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Today i turn my attention across the waters to America in what i found a typical story to break out of the great American sports owners

After 56 years in San Diego the Chargers are moving to Los Angeles
They gave the usual Manchester United style bollocks press release
"Proud to announce","looking forward to an exciting new era","San Diego will always be in our hearts" etc etc etc
So why the move?
Well the stadium that hosts their match day experiences aka as the ground is knackered
They need a new one.
Well after 56 years why didn't they maintain it or build their own.
Well that's easy.They wanted the city of San Diego to build them a new one.They wanted the city to pay by either imposing a hotel tax or local citizens aka fans should cough up taxes
Now this is not a skint team and they don't have a skint owner
They just have a greedy owner who it has been claimed has tried to blackmail the city of San Diego
Tut tut surely not.Thank goodness we at Manchester United don't have that

So off they go to Los Angeles leaving behind a community of several generations of support plus people now out of work etc etc
Obviously the press statement with hearfelt thanks makes it all ok
And if it doesn't.Well tough shit
That's the American way of rewarding support and recognising community obligations
At least the owners can gather round the table on Thanksgiving and try to believe that family matters

Is this a lesson for the future of Manchester United?
Probably not but you never know

But then if you never go or intend to go to Old Trafford it won't matter whether you watch the feed with United playing in Manchester,London or whisper it quietly Liverpool!!!

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

This is going to piss a few of you off

United have triggered the extra year option in Fellaini's contract making him a United player until at least summer 2018.
Jose considers him a valuable member of the squad.
What does Jose know??
Not as much by the sound of it as you coaches

Giants14
International Player
International Player

4 months ago

United have triggered the extra year option in Fellaini's contract making him a United player until at least summer 2018.
What does Jose know??
I don't believe Fellaini is good enough to be a United player but as you say what do I know.

4 weeks ago, you ridiculed half this board who suggested that we could go on a decent run and get back into contention for a top 4 - guess what....what do you know?
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

4 weeks ago i said we had no chance of winning the league and an outside chance of top 4.
We were 6th at the time
We have been on a mighty run that i would be the first to acknowledge
Following that mighty run we have moved up to--STILL SIXTH
Now,as i have said several times this week the Liverpool game is vital
Lose and we lose momentum and kudos and all the hard work is in the bin
Win ,and we might,but probably still won't, move up to 5th(We can't get any higher).For that to happen the Arse must lose to Swansea
Now if you measure success by starting sixth and finishing sixth then i give up.Must be an Irish thing!!
I should know.My wife is Irish!!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

4 months ago

What does Jose know??

Ensuring we get a fee for him rather than letting him leave for free is another way of looking at it
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

What does Jose know??

Ensuring we get a fee for him rather than letting him leave for free is another way of looking at it
Wee'll see

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Well todays proud to announce concerns Chelsea

With it seeming that Diego Costa might have been tapped up to ask for a transfer to allow him to play in China and earn a reported £30m a year net i would like to ask two questions
1 Are the Chinese football clubs just burning money,that they clearly have, or are they likely to get this money back with shirt sales?
It is an honest question as i don't know what the long term plan is
If each club pays daft money for one or two top names it won't make it a good league

2 Do you think everybody that is not Chinese, should buy an ipad, and go on a pilgrimage to Beijing and buy a 50/50 scarf
What do you say Coach Marcus.Are you about to transfer your massive support to China?

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

What does Jose know??
I don't believe Fellaini is good enough to be a United player but as you say what do I know.

4 weeks ago, you ridiculed half this board who suggested that we could go on a decent run and get back into contention for a top 4 - guess what....what do you know?

So after todays round of games(Arsenal winning 4-0 and Spurs winning 4-0 and Chelsea winning 1-0 as i write) the position is that we are currently 6 points behind Spurs and 5 behind Arsenal.Also probably likely to be 13 behind Chelsea
Lose to Liverpool and we will be 8 points behind them and i have not mentioned City
Now from your last post Giants you seemed to imply i didn't know what i was talking about a month ago when we were 6th
Lose tomorrow and we are likely to be a close up but still sixth
Lose and we are still sixth but a distant sixth.
Now if i am daft what sort of success do you think starting sixth and finishing sixth actually is?

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

Well it's not really news but Memphis has gone
We know we lost a few quid on the gross transfer values but he was another shirt seller who paid for himself by being given the iconic number 7
For those of you that believe football only started when Sky started then i would ask you to google George Best.The original god of the numebr 7 shirt
Worn with pride by Robbo and Cantona

What a month for the Glazer family
2 sold bringing in £45m ish and a wages saving of over half a million a month
2 New sponsors and not a bean,or should i say a noodle spent

And we can still have those in denial that believe Jose has spent £150m when clearly he hasn't spent a net coin at the moment

Here we go again with the rumours
Griezmann is coming but not now.
Let's give it 5 important months to a) give somebody else a chance to jump in b) save the wages c) give ourselves as little chance as possible to break into the top 4 by not spending
I think we need to test the commercial market before we move to see how many number 7 shirts Griezmann is projected to sell
If anybody thinks i am wrong please say so

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

4 months ago

To be fair do you really think we're going to get a guy like Griezeman in January? Why would anyone sell a player of that quality

We should be looking to fix the defense this January. Fonte is on the move if anything but it's hard to buy quality in January. Evra and Vidic are rare examples

If we were to get Grieseman at the end of the year that would be huge. I don't give a fornicate how many shirts he sells, he is world class
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

4 months ago

To be fair do you really think we're going to get a guy like Griezeman in January? Why would anyone sell a player of that quality

We should be looking to fix the defense this January. Fonte is on the move if anything but it's hard to buy quality in January. Evra and Vidic are rare examples

If we were to get Grieseman at the end of the year that would be huge. I don't give a fornicate how many shirts he sells, he is world class

Griezman would probably be a very good signing
I say probably because they don't all do as well in England as they do in other European leagues.As an example i offer Kagawa and Depay
Some take some time to adapt.I offer Mikki and Vidic and Evra as examples

As such we should do everything we can to get Griezman now.
We are the richest club in the world,alledgedly,so break the bank.
Jose has not spent a net penny on players in his tenure
Get the lad now and if he needs time to adapt then so be it and worst ways, we get the finished deal for the start of 2017/18
That way we are not pissing about in 5th or 6th again next Xmas

If Madrid or Barca or Chelsea wanted him he would be available by somebody getting more money than they are worth
that's how we got Pogba and the overpayment we make will come back anyway with shirt sales

SUBXERO
First Team Player
First Team Player

4 months ago

Today i turn my attention across the waters to America in what i found a typical story to break out of the great American sports owners

After 56 years in San Diego the Chargers are moving to Los Angeles
They gave the usual Manchester United style bollocks press release
"Proud to announce","looking forward to an exciting new era","San Diego will always be in our hearts" etc etc etc
So why the move?
Well the stadium that hosts their match day experiences aka as the ground is knackered
They need a new one.
Well after 56 years why didn't they maintain it or build their own.
Well that's easy.They wanted the city of San Diego to build them a new one.They wanted the city to pay by either imposing a hotel tax or local citizens aka fans should cough up taxes
Now this is not a skint team and they don't have a skint owner
They just have a greedy owner who it has been claimed has tried to blackmail the city of San Diego
Tut tut surely not.Thank goodness we at Manchester United don't have that

So off they go to Los Angeles leaving behind a community of several generations of support plus people now out of work etc etc
Obviously the press statement with hearfelt thanks makes it all ok
And if it doesn't.Well tough shit
That's the American way of rewarding support and recognising community obligations
At least the owners can gather round the table on Thanksgiving and try to believe that family matters

Is this a lesson for the future of Manchester United?
Probably not but you never know

But then if you never go or intend to go to Old Trafford it won't matter whether you watch the feed with United playing in Manchester,London or whisper it quietly Liverpool!!!
The world is changing faster than we think, Ray. Well, across the pond at least, so there's the next one. This time it's the Oakland Raiders, one of the traditional... franchises (thought twice about writing "clubs") on the West Coast. They just filed a request about a relocation to Las Vegas in 2020.

Although their owner has a history with blackmailing local authorities and forcing moves across the state, it's sad to see them leave the Bay Area and a huge fan base after 60 years, which is hell of a time according to american sports standards. Their new "home" in the middle of the desert is expected to cost nearly 2 bn USD.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”