SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Guess who?

3 months ago

As admitted by Patrice Evra himself in a recent interview, he was close to a return to United last month and even held talks with Jose, only to see his move blocked by a "certain person" at Old Trafford, whom he doesn't want to name, which left him with no other option but going back to France with Marseilles.

What are your suggestions? Anyone in mind? Ray?

UNITED > ENGLAND

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Guess who?

3 months ago

As admitted by Patrice Evra himself in a recent interview, he was close to a return to United last month and even held talks with Jose, only to see his move blocked by a "certain person" at Old Trafford, whom he doesn't want to name, which left him with no other option but going back to France with Marseilles.

What are your suggestions? Anyone in mind? Ray?
the answer is obvious so i won't even bite
But just remember that Evra would only be a short term option and with our unlimited transfer budget cough cough why worry about a couple of months to still finish 6th
Anyway that would mean giving up on Shaw and this forum is happy to stick with under performing,mediocre, players for years like Cleverley,Januzaj,Kagawa,Pea,Darmian,Smalling etc etc etc

Joking aside it is common knowledge now that Jose and Ed are just not speaking
Nobody knows why for sure but the general consensus is surprisingly money

Jose,i believe was expecting Lindelof last month and a pre contract on Griezmann
He got neither
Lindelof has now signed a new slightly adjusted contract that will make it more expensive for United to get him and we know what usually happens then.
The commercial department watch the fans reaction.If they are demanding him in such a way that shirt sales look likely we will be back in pitching.If not,and Lindelof is not a shirt seller then forget it

The Sundays are full of it today
Martial quoted as being forced out by Jose.It has been suggested that he needs to be sold to raise transfer funds.And here's me(and you lot) thinking we are the richest club in the world with money no object
Jose quoted as saying "no new contract for Carrick as he is too old"

United are noted as about to lose a chunk of sponsorship money due to not being in the top 4.We know that, but it is not noted that United compensate for that by the players wages going down.
That should help us attract the worlds best

Are we running a bloody bank or a football club

Any suggestions on that Subzero?

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

I'm totally pissed, Ray. Not only with the situation around Evra but also with almost everything what's going on with the club atm. I'd be happier if only half of what you said turned out not to be true, but I know it is and no one of us can change it.
UNITED > ENGLAND

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

what's the point of getting Evra back ? he was sold because he couldn't cut it anymore and now that he's even older it makes no sense to bring him back

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Re: RE: Re: Guess who?

3 months ago

what's the point of getting Evra back ? he was sold because he couldn't cut it anymore and now that he's even older it makes no sense to bring him back
I'm all but convinced this was the reason behind his move. Evra was not sold, it was just his desire to leave. I think it was the uncertainty around the club post SAF which made him look for a move.

Being older doesn't automatically make him weaker. Even only as a short term patch, I'd rather have him at LB than Shaw, Darmian, and Blind. And his attitude is exactly what we are missing (once again) this season. A giant!
UNITED > ENGLAND

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

3 months ago

Evra left coz Moysey wanted him to be more like Leighton Baines.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

3 months ago

I'm totally pissed, Ray. Not only with the situation around Evra but also with almost everything what's going on with the club atm. I'd be happier if only half of what you said turned out not to be true, but I know it is and no one of us can change it.
Why exactly are you pissed about Evra, It would be a fairytale but what exactly would he offer? Have you watched him this year. A team battling relegation wouldnt start him so why would we
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Re: RE: Re: Guess who?

3 months ago

Why exactly are you pissed about Evra, It would be a fairytale but what exactly would he offer? Have you watched him this year. A team battling relegation wouldnt start him so why would we
Would a team battling relegation start any of our LB's?

And no, I haven't watched him play this year. But it is a fact that he spoke to our manager whom I trust in completely.
UNITED > ENGLAND

Glorio
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

If you watched him in his last couple seasons with us, he just couldn't keep up with the pace in this league. I agree, he'd offer nothing really
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

3 months ago

So buying Zlatan as short term solution is bad but not buying Evra is also bad? Aren't they the same?
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

3 months ago

So buying Zlatan as short term solution is bad but not buying Evra is also bad? Aren't they the same?
Like comparing a steak dinner to plain toast. Ridicolous comparison
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

3 months ago

And this is where this club now is

Leaving fans fighting over which old shirt seller is better than the other just to keep the Chinese happy
Evra was done and should not even have had to be considered but we don't have a quality left back

The talk in our car on the way back yesterday was next summers transfer market
The general agreement is that we need them as this season end and not as the transfer window closes at the end of August

We need to replace
Depay **Shirt seller for the number 7
Schneiderlin
Shaw
Schweinsteiger
Carrick *very important shirt seller for the Chinese customers
A top centre half
Martial-if they let him go as seems probably
Zlatan *shirt seller for the Scandinavians

Thank goodness we are the richest club in the world eh
But don't worry we can add Griezmann to Ronaldo,Bale,Robben

Remember 2015
http://talksport.com/football/ronaldo-p ... argets?p=9

Dante
Referee
Referee

3 months ago

So, if Ed blocked the move, any reason why?

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

3 months ago

So, if Ed blocked the move, any reason why?
Every decision,even the penny pinching ones,at United is money based
Paddy Evra wouldn't sell a shirt and would cost money.Even a relatively small amount but you have no idea how tight United are on everything
Every new day is a new dollar,either spent or saved

Even down to making over 40 ticket office and security staff turn up at Leicester on Sunday for ticket distribution
Did United pay them?No

The staff get a day off in the future at United's convenience and it is non negotiable
Would it have killed the club to pay a days wages to these relatively low paid staff?

Everybody travelling on club business and having to stay overnight can't stay at anything grander that a Travel Lodge
And no expenses

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

3 months ago

Exactly, so why not buying Evra is such bad news?
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”