Swansea City in the Premier League.
Sunday 30th April 2017, KO 12:00 BST.
Andersongo
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: jean

Pogba: Deep Lying Passing maestro?

2 months ago

I am a bit confused. As far as I can recollect from U-18 and reserve matches back in 2009-2011, Pogba was considered an exciting talent because of his excellent ball control (Check his goal vs City and Derby at U-18 level), outstanding athleticism and superb shooting technique. He was considered the final evolution of the box-to-box midfielder. This impression was confirmed during his Juventus days when he played alongside Pirlo and Marchisio.

Yet, since his return, he seems to be at his best when he can drop back and distribute the ball from deep. And here is the even bigger surprise: his passing technique is simply outstanding, on a par with Scholes in his pomp. With a crazy amout of back spin, Pogba can drive the ball to any spot he wants on the pitch. When you think he may have overhit a pass, the ball will seemingly slow down and drop to the feet of his target. This is an aspect of Pogba's talent that has seemingly went under the radar for six years.

"A Moyes! My kingdom for a Moyes!" - Sir Alex Ferguson in the famous tragedy " Manchester United's great EPL campaign of 13/14" by respected journo G. Neville.

joze ruis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pogba: Deep Lying Passing maestro?

2 months ago

at first i thought he should be played in more attacking midfield position but now i have no doubt deep role next to Herrera is his best position. He and Herrera have very good passing game, high energy , good tackling and they simply dominate when played in 4-2-3-1 system.
He also doesnt try fancy crap when played in more deep position.

I see him as Vieira type player with more skills

|)R0ID
New Signing
New Signing

2 months ago

He has to improve his passing accuracy though. He's not youth anymore and to be truly great in that position it has to be at least 90% as potentially any bad ball can result in immediate danger for the goal.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

1 month ago

I'm still not sure .

He has the passing range, no doubt. He also has strength,speed, and literally everything from a midfielder.. however one thing he lacks is discipline to be in that hole. I think vs the better teams, we will be punished with pogba and herrera there. I would be very surprised if both start in that position vs Chelsea away for example.
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

1 month ago

I'm still not sure .

He has the passing range, no doubt. He also has strength,speed, and literally everything from a midfielder.. however one thing he lacks is discipline to be in that hole. I think vs the better teams, we will be punished with pogba and herrera there. I would be very surprised if both start in that position vs Chelsea away for example.
that is true. Pogba still needs to think better as some of the passes he had done is suspect for counter attacks. He tried to do something fancy but ending up losing the ball.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

I do think we need a CDM to sit in front of our defence - let Pogba work his magic higher up the pitch
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

I do think we need a CDM to sit in front of our defence - let Pogba work his magic higher up the pitch
I think a CDM will be at the top of Mourinho's shopping list this summer. This would not only free up Pogba but allow Herrera to play a more advanced role.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

He has to improve his passing accuracy though. He's not youth anymore and to be truly great in that position it has to be at least 90% as potentially any bad ball can result in immediate danger for the goal.
I'm conflict about this. While in theory he seems to belongs further up the field, he had done so much better playing deep this season.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

1 month ago

4 goals, 3 assists in the league.. none vs the big clubs

hmm

a very good analysis monday night on pogba from skysports (lamps and jamie C)
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”