Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
joze ruis
International Player
International Player

what's the reason for so many missed chances this season?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:38 pm

at first i tought it's just bad luck but there's' just too many times this has happened.

Jose mentioned players felt the pressure in the 2nd half of Bournemouth game when we were chasng the win.... in my opinion they choked and this could also be said about previous draws. It's one thing to have bad luck in one game but this is the story of the season.

we rely on Ibra to score goals and the rest contribute very little.Martial and Rashford should score more and ease the pressure on Ibra. Pogba was one on one with the keeper several times this season and failed to score.

Our score against top teams which brings more pressure is also pathetic

imo we lack character

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: what's the reason for so many missed chances this season?

Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:53 pm

at first i tought it's just bad luck but there's' just too many times this has happened.

Jose mentioned players felt the pressure in the 2nd half of Bournemouth game when we were chasng the win.... in my opinion they choked and this could also be said about previous draws. It's one thing to have bad luck in one game but this is the story of the season.

we rely on Ibra to score goals and the rest contribute very little.Martial and Rashford should score more and ease the pressure on Ibra. Pogba was one on one with the keeper several times this season and failed to score.

imo we lack character
This is the biggest problem IMO. Midfielders need to contribute more.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:07 pm

We are not taking advantage of easy goals when the opportunity present itself, these are cheep goals and prevent the opposition from packing their penalty area with defenders. We have at least two very distinct speeds of players; Rashford, Martial, MickyT, Valencia, and Pogba (I was surprised at the speed he showed in Saturday). I might add Herrera to that group because he can carry the ball at pace through the middle of the pitch. The other's; Carrick, Zlatan, Mata, Blind, Fellaini and Rooney are more the type of players that benefit from a patient build up and look for quick darting runs behind defenders. There is a natural rhythm to games and we appear to have a problem having the getting cohesion between the two speeds of players.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:59 am

imo we lack character
I completely agree to this. The midfielders should be more aggressive so they won't wear out Ibra. As for Martial and Rashford, I think they still lack confidence but they're gonna overcome it eventually, I'm sure of that.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”