JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre Match Discussion: Premier League vs Middlesbrough (a)

3 months ago

Massive slip by Valdes gifting Valencia

Always look on the bright side of life la la, la la la la la la!!!

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

Darmian on for Rashford

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

Full Time

Middlesbrough 1-3 Man Utd

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

despite clumsy clown Smalling getting them back in the game and Jose playing ultra defensive i'm happy with the win. we're ahead of Arsenal , now we just need Liverpool to slip

JUAN UNITED
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

Brilliant 1st half but awful 2nd especially after Mata & Lingard went off. Brilliant goals from Utd not pretty football today but priceless 3 points.

esobeso
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: David

3 months ago

What a result!

In the 2nd half we were out on our feet, but some how gritted the teeth and got through it.

All three goals were excellent! I especially liked Valencia's goal, because that was a testimony to his courage and determination.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

the problem with Jose tactics by parking the bus is that it invites even more pressure to the incompetent defenders ( Smalling , Jones ). Had we played with normal tactics there wouldnt be nervous last minutes.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Pre Match Discussion: Premier League vs Middlesbrough (a)

3 months ago

despite clumsy clown Smalling getting them back in the game and Jose playing ultra defensive i'm happy with the win. we're ahead of Arsenal , now we just need Liverpool to slip
Finally move up the table! Just need to win by seven goals next match to overtake Liverpool.
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

3 months ago

They will - always a pain in the ass to play a team that has just sacked their manager - players playing for their place. typical

Woops!!
We seem have got our prediction 100% wrong

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

3 months ago

Can you believe it
We have scored 3 goals without Zlatan the great and the worlds greatest passer,Herrara

I would argue to Rashford missed several good chances but his pace alongside Jesse was frightening Middlesbrough to death on the counter attack

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

3 months ago

Jesse and Rashford caused havoc. Was impressed by both. Rashford could be one of the best strikers in the Premiership in the next couple of years if he just gets his decision making right. His pace and intelligent runs really put defences on the back foot. You really do forget just how young he is. His first touch is generally excellent and the way he dribbles past players mixed with his pace is incredible. If he finds that extra bit to add to his game he will go very far.
100% Top Red

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

3 months ago

If Jose is going to keep complaining about fixtures and everything its time to start using his full squad. I would start Shaw and Carrick in this game

Good to see in a game like this guys like Fellaini Lingard and Young can come in and contribute

I hate this formation but 3 points is 3 points

the less said about Smalling and Jones the better. fornicate circus
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

3 months ago

Can you believe it
We have scored 3 goals without Zlatan the great and the worlds greatest passer,Herrara

I would argue to Rashford missed several good chances but his pace alongside Jesse was frightening Middlesbrough to death on the counter attack
Do we move further up the table when the other team is scared? Personnally I would rather a striker who scores goals then scares the opposition.
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

3 months ago

If Jose is going to keep complaining about fixtures and everything its time to start using his full squad. I would start Shaw and Carrick in this game

Good to see in a game like this guys like Fellaini Lingard and Young can come in and contribute

I hate this formation but 3 points is 3 points

the less said about Smalling and Jones the better. fornicate circus
Both of them should have been replaced years ago.
"Make America Great Again!"

Ashwin
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran
Call Me: Ashwin

3 months ago

Can you believe it

I think you meant to say Pogba, not Herrera? He's the one who has been trying all those Hollywood passes when trying to do too much at times.

Either way though, considering this was out third game in 7 days and we were without Zlatan, Pogba and Herrera (probably 3 of our 4 best players this season alongside Valencia), it was great of us to get the job done.

Rashford, Lingard and Valencia once again put in a great shift.

Valdes' best contribution for United came whilst in a Middlesbrough kit. :laugh:
“Bill, how would you like to be manager of the best team in the country?”
And Shankly said: “Why? Is Matt Busby packing it in?”

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

Can you believe it

I think you meant to say Pogba, not Herrera? He's the one who has been trying all those Hollywood passes when trying to do too much at times.

Either way though, considering this was out third game in 7 days and we were without Zlatan, Pogba and Herrera (probably 3 of our 4 best players this season alongside Valencia), it was great of us to get the job done.

Valdes' best contribution for United came whilst in a Middlesbrough kit. :laugh:
Alot of those Hollywood passes have come off so not sure what you getting at. And by Hollywood, you meaning passes that most players cant pull off because thats what he does - You seem to be taking a dig at him but then you mention him as one of our best players?
Bring Back Becks Image

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Middlesbrough (a)

3 months ago

Joes and Smalling have looked shaky after coming back from their respective injuries.

I would have Bailley starting with Rojo and Young/Shaw at LB
Bring Back Becks Image

Giants14
International Player
International Player

3 months ago

They will - always a pain in the ass to play a team that has just sacked their manager - players playing for their place. typical

Woops!!
We seem have got our prediction 100% wrong
To be fair...that was one of Middlesbrough's better performances in the last 5-6 games - so not quite wrong ;)
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Middlesbrough (a)

3 months ago

A decent result - I feared the outcome when I seen the team sheet - I wasn't sure where our goals were going to come from - Rashford should have killed the game in the first half with two great chances - nothing seems to be going in for him this year - unlike last season.

The likes of Young, Carrick, Lingard and Fellaini stepped up and won a very important match for us - I think Carrick needs to start a lot more games over the next couple of months.

International break has come at the right time for a number of our players - we can get a few rested up and back from the injury table
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

3 months ago

Can you believe it

Alot of those Hollywood passes have come off so not sure what you getting at. And by Hollywood, you meaning passes that most players cant pull off because thats what he does - You seem to be taking a dig at him but then you mention him as one of our best players?
The point(s) i am making is typical of what this forum is about

You back up the manager by helping him complain about the number of games being played ie 2 a week
Well that happened when we won the treble and that season was just warming up at this point in 1998/99 and that was the top drawer treble and not the Mickey Mouse double
If we don't have a squad big enough and classy enough to cope then there are two reasons imo
Reason one was that the manager was bleating that his squad was too big and so was selling players
Surely he can't complain now that it is too small having sold Depay and Scneiderlin and not replacing them whilst also hanging on to players he clearly doesn't want like Schweinsteiger,Shaw,Martial,Young and not getting in replacements early
And that is ignoring Wazza and Carrick wh are at the end
Reason two is that there has been such an underinvestment in the squad over the years that we are now reaping what we have sowed

Interesting conversation in the car on the way up to Middlesbrough yesterday
The question was posed of "How many players in this current squad would actually be wanted by a top top team either European or even English as compared to the team that came into the 21st century?" ie Scholes,Giggs,Schmeichel,Irwin,Stam,Keane etc
The general opinion was t he goalkeeper and after that you are struggling to name anybody else on current ability and form
And yet the todger bashers still defend what has happened and what continues to happen
Quite sad really

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”