Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Call Me: Colin

Re: pre/post match thread vs EVERTON

2 months ago

I thought we had a solid game and were in control for the most part but it would appear that we lack a player for the final third. Miki, Lindgard and Rashford all blow hot and cold and that's hurting us. All the best teams have players picking up the ball here and driving it into the box. Rashford has been dismal and I'm not sure why he didn't get the hook in that game. Not sure why Martial didn't get to start ahead of him.

The Carrick sub baffles me every time.

...and the Truth shall make you free.....

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

I thought we had a solid game and were in control for the most part but it would appear that we lack a player for the final third. Miki, Lindgard and Rashford all blow hot and cold and that's hurting us. All the best teams have players picking up the ball here and driving it into the box. Rashford has been dismal and I'm not sure why he didn't get the hook in that game. Not sure why Martial didn't get to start ahead of him.

I couldn't agree less

Not sure what constitutes a "solid game" with you
3 shots on target all night
General agreement by everybody i know that went plus every journalist that reported on it that is was a desperately poor game
Even most of the ever optimist people on here thought it was shit

If you think we lack a player in the final third why do you choose Mikki,Lingaard and Rashford?
Mikki didn't start,Lingaard is no more than an average squad player to any top team but as he is cheap he is a starter at United and Rashford is stuck out on the wing so hardly a "final third" player
We only play with one actual final third player and he is a god on this forum even though he hasn't signed an extension to his magnificent 40 game career with this club and he says he won't unless we sign some quality players to support him

I suppose if you have got used to the standard we have played for the last 4 years then this is indeed a solid performance but if you were a Chelsea,Real Madrid or Bayern Munich fan you would be screaming for somebody to resign based on the tripe being served up weekly of which this is just one performance

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

2 months ago

too many utility players and the promising ones couldn't get help on scoring. really a sad state but what to do, we have brought in Pogba while kept Martial on the bench? and still keep playing Fellaini.
we should be doing better and really push for more, don't know how to fix this squad. as we can't rely on Zlatan all the time.

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

I couldn't agree less

General agreement by everybody i know that went plus every journalist that reported on it that is was a desperately poor game

If you think we lack a player in the final third why do you choose Mikki,Lingaard and Rashford?
Mikki didn't start,Lingaard is no more than an average squad player to any top team but as he is cheap he is a starter at United and Rashford is stuck out on the wing so hardly a "final third" player
We only play with one actual final third player and he is a god on this forum even though he hasn't signed an extension to his magnificent 40 game career with this club and he says he won't unless we sign some quality players to support him

I suppose if you have got used to the standard we have played for the last 4 years then this is indeed a solid performance but if you were a Chelsea,Real Madrid or Bayern Munich fan you would be screaming for somebody to resign based on the tripe being served up weekly of which this is just one performance
Seriously, you really don't have to reply to every post on this forum. Please give your professional analysis to someone other than me. I call it how I see it. I don't sit in the posh seats and listen to others talk and come spew that rubbish here.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

rumor has it Lingard will extend contract and earn 100k / week :shock: Extending his contract would be insanity by itself yet alone for this kind of money (N)

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

I couldn't agree less

Seriously, you really don't have to reply to every post on this forum. Please give your professional analysis to someone other than me. I call it how I see it. I don't sit in the posh seats and listen to others talk and come spew that rubbish here.
Seriously i have an opinion just as you have yours
You felt it was a solid game against Everton and i felt it was a very poor game
Judging by the summing up of other forum members they agree with me
Giants "The team is simply not good enough"
Jon Snow "20 unbeaten run but most are draws.That isn't good enough"
Juan United "can't believe the dross i'm watching" and "Schoolboy Football.Everton did nothing yet we couldn't do fuk all"
Joze Ruis "I don't think i have ever seen a team with worse crossing"

Now i agree with all of them and i am not sure what sitting in posh seats has to do with the crap i have been watching at Old Trafford this season
i am not sure where you sit(everybody has to sit down at Old Trafford) but i would hazard a guess that you sit in a chair at home or in a pub as opposed to the ground.
Either way it doesn't matter other than you get a chance to see instant replayed shit if my guess is correct
Whatever you say i might suggest that compared to the opinions,all in the same direction on the Everton game then "a solid game" is actually the spewed rubbish
If you consider 10 drawn games at home this season solid then get your season ticket application in early(or pay your TV subscription) so you can watch from your posh seat with a prawn sarnie for next years exciting fayre

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

Having read some of Jose's comments, it would seem he thought we had a solid game. Again,
sitting thousands of miles away in my arm chair I can still interpret the game better than you, or rather the comments you convey on here from your buddies you surround yourself with. You are really just a disgruntled someone who probably was not awarded some contract at OT so every time you get on here you subject us to your negativity. Get a life!

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

2 months ago

Ray gets a lot of criticism on here for what people see as his negativity and criticism of the team and policies of the club.
I'm of Ray's generaration and I can see where he's coming from most of the time.

A few years ago we had one of the best teams in Europe and could match anyone but now we haven't got the best team team in England or even Manchester some might say.
There are lot's of reasons for this such as lack of or poor judgement in the transfer market and not replacing some average players or players past their best.

We have to ask ourselves whether we consider success for United as winning a domestic trophy and finishing in the top four or having a team that wins the title and challenges the rest of Europe's elite teams for the Champions League.
I know what I think we should be doing for a club of the status of Manchester United as I'm sure we all do.

That's all Ray is saying in his own unique way...I think.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Ray gets a lot of criticism on here for what people see as his negativity and criticism of the team and policies of the club.
I'm of Ray's generaration and I can see where he's coming from most of the time.

A few years ago we had one of the best teams in Europe and could match anyone but now we haven't got the best team team in England or even Manchester some might say.
There are lot's of reasons for this such as lack of or poor judgement in the transfer market and not replacing some average players or players past their best.

We have to ask ourselves whether we consider success for United as winning a domestic trophy and finishing in the top four or having a team that wins the title and challenges the rest of Europe's elite teams for the Champions League.
I know what I think we should be doing for a club of the status of Manchester United as I'm sure we all do.

Yes, we all know what we should be doing as Manchester United and thats been set about from our history and in the most recent 25year stint of SAF.

There is a shared frustration given the fall of grace from one of the top teams in Europe to struggling to be the best in Manchester. But Ray believes we have been duped into accepting mediocrity as a result of the Glazer Hypnotism...

So in other words,

- We cant be happy if our team wins a trophy..
- We cant be happy if we progressing in Europa in order to qualify for CL
- We cant be happy when United wins a game in the EPL in hopes of gaining 4th to qualify
- We cant say that West Brom is a tough game

Fact is, we arent the team we use to be. Its not easy to just recover from the Fergie era as there are alot of factors to take into consideration during that 25year stint (e.g. The class of 92) - who is ever going to have such a talented youth team/nucleus to build a team on. Another factor is the youth buys of Ronaldo and Rooney - how often do you get 2 youths than become world superstars like that, let alone in the same team in the same era

And yes, maybe we have made some bad decisions in the transfer market, or maybe we just got to accept that some players cant cope with the magnitude of the club, or maybe we need to secure a stable manager to then build a team around him, or maybe we need to spend double the money...I dunno. I only know that there is a new management structure that has taken over and unlike the stability in the Fergie era, this era has alot of unknowns and plenty of "finding its feet" to do for the new management.

So while we rebuild, I dont see why we cant be happy with a win or performance or player...Are we happy that the club is where it is...no! but as a fan, we rejoice when your club does well (whether it be winning the CL or winning game that could secure a CL spot)..its not something the Glazers has programmed into us.

Either Ray is a Glory hunter and is only happy when we at the top or he has some dysfunctional hatred against the Glazers. I would like to believe is the the passionate fan I catch a glimpse of on the very rare occasions when is isn't spilling his Anti-Glazier propaganda - and you know how rare that is.
Bring Back Becks Image

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

2 months ago

Yes, we all know what we should be doing as Manchester United and thats been set about from our history and in the most recent 25year stint of SAF.

There is a shared frustration given the fall of grace from one of the top teams in Europe to struggling to be the best in Manchester. But Ray believes we have been duped into accepting mediocrity as a result of the Glazer Hypnotism...

So in other words,

- We cant be happy if our team wins a trophy..
- We cant be happy if we progressing in Europa in order to qualify for CL
- We cant be happy when United wins a game in the EPL in hopes of gaining 4th to qualify
- We cant say that West Brom is a tough game

Fact is, we arent the team we use to be. Its not easy to just recover from the Fergie era as there are alot of factors to take into consideration during that 25year stint (e.g. The class of 92) - who is ever going to have such a talented youth team/nucleus to build a team on. Another factor is the youth buys of Ronaldo and Rooney - how often do you get 2 youths than become world superstars like that, let alone in the same team in the same era

And yes, maybe we have made some bad decisions in the transfer market, or maybe we just got to accept that some players cant cope with the magnitude of the club, or maybe we need to secure a stable manager to then build a team around him, or maybe we need to spend double the money...I dunno. I only know that there is a new management structure that has taken over and unlike the stability in the Fergie era, this era has alot of unknowns and plenty of "finding its feet" to do for the new management.

So while we rebuild, I dont see why we cant be happy with a win or performance or player...Are we happy that the club is where it is...no! but as a fan, we rejoice when your club does well (whether it be winning the CL or winning game that could secure a CL spot)..its not something the Glazers has programmed into us.

Either Ray is a Glory hunter and is only happy when we at the top or he has some dysfunctional hatred against the Glazers. I would like to believe is the the passionate fan I catch a glimpse of on the very rare occasions when is isn't spilling his Anti-Glazier propaganda - and you know how rare that is.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

2 months ago

Very good post dbecks07 as usual.I agree with a lot you say especially about the trophies we have won of late.
We have been to Wembley three times within the last 12 months and won three trophies,two of them majors and they had me jumping up and down like a kid.

I can't speak for Ray but I think he feels ,like I do, that the biggest and richest club on Earth should not be struggling season after season to get into the top four and not even come close to winning the league.
It feels like a lifetime ago that we last played Champion League football and it seems a long way off before we play it again.

The squad is full of average footballers one of whom is now getting £100k a month ffs.

As for his dislike of the Glazers well I'm with him all the way.They bought the club on borrowed money and then dumped the debt on us to pay.
They have taken well in excess of £1billion out of the club and never put a dime into it.All orchestrated by little Ed the Liverpool fan of course.

It is going to take Jose a lot of hard bargaining and all his managerial skills to get us back where we belong.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”