Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.

Can we end our 3 game winless streak at the Stadium of Light?

Yes
83%
No
17%
I don't recognise the concept of results, the beauty of the game is all that matters to me
No votes

Total votes: 6
dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre-Match Discussion Premier League vs Sunderland (a)

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:32 am

Think it was a blessing to play against 10 men. We were able to play conservatively (with Europa in mind) and still win comfortably

Seems like Zlatan and Micky (to an extent) is our only real source of goals. This team is capable of so much more and I hope we push in the last few weeks to make sure we end up in the CL

Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:43 am

This forum tickles the bollocks off me
"big week coming up"-Games against Chelsea that hopefully will keep us in 5th and a game against the mighty Anderlecht.
Don't you remember when it was one game at a time to win the proper double and a quarter final tie against Real Madrid

"Winning an important 3 points"
What's important and how could we not have won
That Sunderland team is by far the worst in the league
When we lost the ball we didn't have to win it back.They gave it you back
With Moyes as manager"we'll try to win next week" and 10 points from safety
They have an owner who has no interest in the club,won't put a coin in and can't wait to get away
The key players behind Defoe,who is off on a free, are O'Shea and Januzaj who nobody else in the Premier league would want
They have a goalkeeper who can't save any shot across him

The game was totally boring and United were hardly on fire
Pogba shit(again)
Mikki-Vanished most of the game

The most exciting thing that happened was they shut the motorway on the way home after a car crash

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:10 am

So you don't believe that the Europa League and top 4 is important to this football club in its current state?

Why did support this club when it makes you this angry and bitter all the time?
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:26 am

"big week coming up"-Games against Chelsea that hopefully will keep us in 5th and a game against the mighty Anderlecht.
Don't you remember when it was one game at a time to win the proper double and a quarter final tie against Real Madrid

They have an owner who has no interest in the club,won't put a coin in and can't wait to get away
The key players behind Defoe,who is off on a free, are O'Shea and Januzaj who nobody else in the Premier league would want

Pogba shit(again)

The most exciting thing that happened was they shut the motorway on the way home after a car crash
Chelsea and City isn't playing Madrid or Barca and aren't inline for a Cl and EPL double yet they are the benchmark or far better than us (as you have mentioned previously)?

Yes we had some great memorable seasons, but each season must be taken on its merit. This is a big week for us given what we currently have to achieve this season. Not every season will be treble winning seasons where we face Madrid, Barca and Bayern every week. We remember the great time and aspire to be great again, but we never stop supporting or believing that everything this team does is important when its important
Bring Back Becks Image

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:57 pm

Why are you trying to reason with him? We could win the treble in style and he would still find a reason to complain.
"Make America Great Again!"

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:47 pm

we would win the treble if Ibra wasnt slowing us down

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:10 pm

Pogba shit(again)

What a moaning old fart you are - you must have been in total depression through the 70's and 80's.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:40 pm

As i keep saying the mentality of this forum tickles my bollocks

So let's pick your points one at a time
Giants-I do believe the Europa League and/or Top 4 is important to this club in its present state
Pathetic isn't it how low the standards now accepted are for a club that is arguably the most income in the world
Pathetic also that some defend this position as important

dbecks07
I think when you choose Chelsea and City to show what you consider failure and United what you appear to consider success i need to buy some of what you're smoking
I know Chelsea and City aren't in line for the double you state but what a great great comparison you have made.What a plonker
Chelsea had one bad season,sorted it out very quickly and are now on a possible course important English double
I would give them a strong chance in next seasons Champions League as well
We have had 4 bad years and are no closer sortiung it out now than when we made Moyes manager
As for United i think they have half a chance of winning the important pot noodle pre season trophy in the States
There will be lots of PK's from the EPL teams and other stats and all the shit the Americans love and will pay over 200 to get a ticket for

As for City i know they are not now in the Champions league
But they were and are now regularly in it
We are struggling for the having a laugh Thursday league that we spent years taking the piss out of the scousers for
That's now Uniteds standard and by the sound of it your accepted standard.
It ain't mine

Ben
You kill me
"If we could win the treble you think i'd still moan"
We can't win the treble as we aren't in for it
And as for moaning you have spent two years non stop whining about our greatest ever goalscorer and biggest income line
Shame on you

Joze Ruis
Is that the best you can do?
Ibra flies round the field doesn't he
Did you notice him moaning last week about United not matching his ambitions or did you not feel a need to mention that

Arizona Red
Ask your family on the barrows what Manchester was like in the 70's and 80s
A team initially in decline
In case you didn't notice they went down to division 2 but still won enough cups and played enough exciting games in Europe whilst they rebuilt
This lot don't want to rebuild.they just want to cash in
Or am i missing something?
Is this seasons position in the league different from last season and i am just reading the league table incorrectly?

As i say United have hooked you lot lock stock and barrel
Don't forget to buy your tickets in the states

Next year probably Scandinavia as there was a noticeable lack of Chinese at Sunderland yesterday and the Thomas Cook ipad branch was full of Scandinavians

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:03 pm

I know all to well what Manchester, St Helens, Liverpool and the whole North West was like in the early 70's. Yes I remember relegation to Division 2 it hurt like a bastard. We where not playing exciting football in Europe or anywhere, we were a mediocre team hoping for a halfway decent cup run. The rebuilding was a 20 year project and judging by the way you piss and moan about this United team you must have been in your glory during the 70's.

If your hatered of this team is so great why don't you follow United FC instead of vomiting your hate on this forum?
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:00 am

Good win!! Definitely needed that 3 points!

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:02 am

That goal was big for Rashford! he needs that to build up his confidence!

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:04 am

I know all to well what Manchester, St Helens, Liverpool and the whole North West was like in the early 70's. Yes I remember relegation to Division 2 it hurt like a bastard. We where not playing exciting football in Europe or anywhere, we were a mediocre team hoping for a halfway decent cup run. The rebuilding was a 20 year project and judging by the way you piss and moan about this United team you must have been in your glory during the 70's.

If your hatered of this team is so great why don't you follow United FC instead of vomiting your hate on this forum?
I have said many many times my issue is not with the team
It is completely with the blood sucking owners
They can take a billion pounds out of the club and somehow convince the so called fans that they have actually supported the manager to the tune of any amount you choose to bite on
In fact all they have actually done is allowed him to invest in shirt sellers of his choice and given him shirt sellers like Falcoa,Schweinsteiger,Kagawa and now Pogba
Do you actually believe any of the above 4 has moved this team forward?
Falcao and Schweinsteiger were done when they joined
Falcao has now finally found some recovery form 4 years later.This is when we "might" have taken a chance
Schweinsteiger was totally knackered when he joined.Everybody who is professional in the game including his old manager told you so but you lot on here,and plenty more stood for the "you wait and see" that you all easily accept
Pogba is another "you wait and see" player isn't he.So far one year totally wasted
Good job he cost us nothing eh.And no he didn't cost £90m.We have made money way over that ,off the Chinese for him

How long did you lot back and try to justify the pea,Anderson,Cleverley,Depay,Welbeck,Anderson,Nani,Evans,Darmian.The list is endless
Go on be honest.How many were happy to see Italy's fullback Darmian join.
I remember Maverick with his todger out winding you lot up about how good he was.
You almost all agreed and yet another "wait and see" has proved how wrong you all are

Why don't i go and support my local team?
FC United or even Bury
Well the answer is simple.Manchester United are in my blood the same as they are in yours.At our age that happens
That's why you don't support your local team Phoenix rising

I am not sure why many on here support United
They proudly announce they "don't go to a game","never want to go to a game","don't give the Glazers a cent"
Officially then part of United's 300 million fans but don't want to be either a tourist,a pilgrim or even a fan
Why do they feel the need to support the team on this and other forums?

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 am

dbecks07
I think when you choose Chelsea and City to show what you consider failure and United what you appear to consider success i need to buy some of what you're smoking
I know Chelsea and City aren't in line for the double you state but what a great great comparison you have made.What a plonker
Chelsea had one bad season,sorted it out very quickly and are now on a possible course important English double
I would give them a strong chance in next seasons Champions League as well
We have had 4 bad years and are no closer sortiung it out now than when we made Moyes manager
As for United i think they have half a chance of winning the important pot noodle pre season trophy in the States
There will be lots of PK's from the EPL teams and other stats and all the shit the Americans love and will pay over 200 to get a ticket for

As for City i know they are not now in the Champions league
But they were and are now regularly in it
We are struggling for the having a laugh Thursday league that we spent years taking the piss out of the scousers for
That's now Uniteds standard and by the sound of it your accepted standard.
It ain't mine
You completely missed my point.

But let me try again.

We came off a 25 managerial spell unheard of before in the football world. Unlike like the others, we have a harder task ahead of us in order to stabalize given the high of that 25 years. We also have to take into consideration factors like LaLiga and Bundeliga having easier schedules and lesser teams to stretch them.

City and Chelsea may be big hit in our league but struggle in the CL. They to have alot to do in that instance.

So give us the time to get back on our feet and build a foundation where we dominate everywhere and not just look good when we play one game a week.
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:58 am

But i don't believe i am missing the point
I am also not trying to be rude when i say i believe you are way off the track imo

I have no idea what you mean about it being unheard of for a manager to be at a club for 25 years
Have you never heard of Matt Busby?
Also Liverpool might not have had the same manager all of the time but from Shankly for the next 25 years plus they had either Shankly or somebody that he had passed on to
He got it right also in that football is more important than life or death
Try telling that to the greedy bastards that own this club now

So moving on you appear to use Chelsea and Manchester City as an example of failure whilst accepting the theory that we are building back towards stability,power and success on the field

So let's examine that
Chelsea-A failure
Last 6 seasons
16/17 Cup semi finalists and probable league winners having bought top class players to improve and getting a top class manager.Hardly failure
15/16 A shit season-Total failure as the manager lost the dressing room-The manager? Oh yes Jose!!
14/15 Won the league,won the league cup.Hardly failure
13/14 3rd in the league,UEFA champs league semi finalists and UEFA super cup winners
12/13 Won the UEFA Europa Cup,3rd in the league,FA Cuo semi finalists.They considered that a poor season
11/12 Won the Champions league.Hardly failure
Summing up
Last 6 years Won the Champions league,Won the Premier league(probably twice with this year),Won the Europa league,several semi finals and usually challenging for the league except for one poor season under our manager
The current team is mostly settled and pretty young.Hazard may leave for money and you know they won't hesitate to buy top proven players who are not old and knackered
A force to be feared for many years with a huge number of youth players around European first teams trying to develop and in this years final

Manchester City- A failure
Last 6 seasons
16/17 never been out of the top 4,Champions League semi finalists and still in the FA cup at semi final stage and you know they will try and buy quality in the summer
They consider it a poor season and the United piss pots take the wazz out of Pep even though they have been ahead of us ALL season
15/16 top 4 in the league,Champs league semi finalists,League cup winners.Considered that total failure and fired the manager
14/15 runners up in the league-Hardly failure
13/14 League winners,league cup winners.Hardly failure
12/13 FA Cup winners,runners up in the league.Hardly failure
11/12 League winners-Hardly failure
Summing Up
Last 6 years twice league winners,FA Cup winners,League cup winners
You know they won't hesitate to consider every top player that might be available
A very strong youth policy and in the youth cup final again

Manchester United
Last 6 years
11/12 2nd in league,shit champions league(knocked out at group stage)
12/13 Last year under SAF-Won the league and to this day nobody knows how.But they did so can't be called a failure.
Out of everything elsea early and more or less stopped buying quality players
13/14 7th in the league_failure
14/15 Scraped into 4th in the league-Failure
15/16 5th in the league and knocked out of the champs league at group stage.Failure
16/17 Never been in the top 4.Big gaps in positions for quality players at full back,midfield,goalscorers,wingers and goalkeeper if DDG goes
Might scrape into top 4 in the league but probably not and might/should win the Europa league
Hardly blowing your balls off is it
Summing up
Somehow won the league in SAF's last year so must be deemed success
Since that it has to be considered 4 years of almost total failure
Youth policy non existent.Out of the youth cup early and just can't/won't compete with Manchester City's academy.Almost nothing coming through
Reserves have been in a relegation battle all season
Fellaini is the captain which must be disturbing
Jose won't relocate and live in Manchester which must be disturbing
Lingaard is seen as the future having signed a 5 year contract which must be disturbing and more emphasis is placed on the Pot Noodle super cup pre season friendly than any other tournament by the board

But never mind as you do seem to have bought into the developing and improving NEXT YEAR theory that has been fed to us for the last 4 years since Bale and Ronaldo were coming.
So was Robben
So who this year??Don't forget definately Griezman

Well we'll see

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:50 pm

I am also not trying to be rude when i say i believe you are way off the track imo
Yet you called me a plonker :laugh:

But seriously...what I have bought into is Manchester United Football club.

They have owners who may be profiting from the club but I am in no way going to stop supporting the club or boycot the club. Maybe its just clever business by the Glazers buying a cub with such loyal supporters...I dunno

I only know that I will keep the faith, keep supporting and maintain the hope that we will be back at the top. I love everything about Manchester United. The players are my players, the fans are my friends, the games are my weeks highlight. I would love to get every player we want and win every game we play and I would love us to be back up there like the days of Fergie..but we are where we are and its not the worst situation, we just have to be patient
Bring Back Becks Image

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”