Dante
Referee
Referee

Live Match Discussion: Europa League QF v Anderlecht

2 months ago

Teams:

United: Romero; Valencia, Bailly, Rojo, Darmian; Carrick (c), Pogba; Mkhitaryan, Lingard, Rashford; Ibrahimovic. Subs: De Gea, Blind, Fosu-Mensah, Shaw, Fellaini, Herrera, Martial.

Anderlecht: Ruben, Appiah, Mbodji, Nuytinck, Obradovic, Tielemans, Dendoncker, Stanciu, Bruno, Kiese-Thelin, Acheampong. Subs: Boeckx, Deschacht, Spajic, Chipciu, Capel, Teodorczyk, Hanni.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Live Match Discussion: Europa League QF v Anderlecht

2 months ago

Is De Gea Injured or going to Madrid next season??
To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Is De Gea Injured or going to Madrid next season??
Jose said that Romero has played the Europa games, and deserves to play this one.

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Ha, nice tracking back from Rashford.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Romero looks shaky and is a "disaster waiting to happen" ... Just watch..

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

How did we not score?

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

What are we going to do without Carrick?

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Micky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

As soon as Fellaini comes in we are playing with a man less and you know that the bad news is just around the corner. I blame Jose for this season's fiasco.. Once or twice is OK to make a mistake but keeps screwing up over and over..
The passionate love affair between Jose and Fellaini is really disturbing.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

1-1 would be a good away result if we played Bayern, Barca....not so much against Anderlecht

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

1-1 means that the second leg would bring more stress and tension that it should. It's a bad result but at the end of the day it should NOT change dramatically the objective which is to win. Any win and we are through.
Last edited by ivandaman on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Live Match Discussion: Europa LeaNogue QF v Anderlecht

2 months ago

1-1 would be a good away result if we played Bayern, Barca....not so much against Anderlecht
Still a good advantage going in second game.
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

2 months ago

As soon as Fellaini comes in we are playing with a man less and you know that the bad news is just around the corner. I blame Jose for this season's fiasco.. Once or twice is OK to make a mistake but keeps screwing up over and over..
The passionate love affair between Jose and Fellaini is really disturbing.
As soon as that sack of shit came on I knew our lead was gone. I really don't get Mourinho's love of Fellaini.
"Make America Great Again!"

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Me neither... It's almost like an "Ego mission" of sorts. Trying to prove that he can make a "sack of shit" (as you said) a useful football player.

So frustrating.. I mean the guy is just not good for anything.. He tries, I'll give him that but his football IQ is so fornicate low most of the time he doesn't even know what to do.. His skills (apart from the chest control) are just 3rd division football. He'd struggle to make an impact even in the MLS where speed is quite high in most games
Last edited by ivandaman on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

2 months ago

Another draw that should have been done and dusted midway through the first half. I cannot remember the last time we made "defensive" change and where able to defend a lead.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

2 months ago

away goal is important, but we really didn't capitalize the moment.

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

2 months ago

away goal is important, but we really didn't capitalize the moment.

frustrated with this match, but it is the trend we are seeing since the beginning of the season. those chances and we don't have that killer instinct. I also saw Martial lost the ball several times when he is 1v1.

who is at fault on that goal? Darmian won't be able to move that quick from the flanks to close the striker. Still bothers me that Fellaini was given time but who else could we have subbed in? Starting Lingard over Martial? due to what? Lingard is a right winger? he is more of a utility player who can help out on odd matches in my opinion. can score some goals, critical goals but Martial should have started more matches but his body language and performance also doesn't merit it.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

United completely and utterly dominated that entire game yet can't get the result - I would have settled for a score draw before kick off but Anderlecht really aren't that good.

We should get through to the semi's - I cant see Anderlecht getting a result at OT.

It is a major concern that we have a severe lack of cutting edge in the final third - our final ball is ridiculously bad
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Dante
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

The good news is that Anderlect really needed to get a result at home, a draw probably won't be enough for them. Then again, with that performance, we should have put the game to bed in the first half.

Carrick had it right. We were sloppy. Fellaini is a liability. I've no idea what happened the first few games of the season, but he doesn't look like he'll ever get that back.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

The good news is that Anderlect really needed to get a result at home, a draw probably won't be enough for them. Then again, with that performance, we should have put the game to bed in the first half.

Carrick had it right. We were sloppy. Fellaini is a liability. I've no idea what happened the first few games of the season, but he doesn't look like he'll ever get that back.
The first few matches made people feel Jose did some miracle on him. Even Relly was praising him at that time. :laugh:
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

2 months ago

Anderlecht are really poor, they are worse than Rostov. I'm not surprised we couldn't get a second goal, we are just so average going forward. Martial is lacking confidence and can't beat any player atm.. pogba struggled when he went behind zlatan, he just lacks composure in the final third..

I'm not a fan of fellaini, but we didn't concede because of him. The goal wasn't his fault, darmian lost his man.

The tie is far from over.. I don't feel confident with our defence, won't surprise me if Anderlecht score at old trafford, then it's game on.

MOTM - Carrick - oozed class, defended well and kept the ball. Key player for us still :clap:
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

jose comments:

Positive result but could have been better
“The result is positive – to play at home with an advantage, to start the game with an advantage, it is a good result but I think the result should be much better. We can only blame ourselves because we had an easy game to play in the second half and we didn’t play in attack with that instinct. We lost the ball easily too many times, we stopped our counter-attacks because of sloppy decisions, sloppy touches of the ball and then we gave them opportunity to have some counter-attacks. But luckily our defenders were very much in the game and they resolved all of these problems. But if I were a Manchester United defender I would be very upset with the attacking players because they have to kill the game and they didn’t.”

Need to kill off matches
“We have to kill matches. We had chances, control, but we don't score goals; we risk. There was lots of space to kill, good chances. Lots of chances that we don't get because of a bad touch, sloppy touch, a flick, bad decisions in the last third. There was a team with good organisation at the back, but one mistake and we were punished.

“In my poor English I cannot find a better word [than sloppy]. You have to play more seriously. Put the performance of two or three of our attacking players together and you squeeze not much juice out of it. Rashford, Lingard, Ibrahimovic, Martial. They were very similar. But the people behind: very solid, very focused. The defenders did the serious work but the people who had to kill the game didn't. We start the game at Old Trafford in front, but we had all the conditions to kill the game.”

Strong defensive performance
“It was a strong performance from the team from a defensive point of view. [Jesse] Lingard, [Henrikh] Mkhitaryan, [Marcus] Rashford – they did defensively what we asked them to do, to compact the team, to control direct opponents, to cover some spaces. We were very solid defensively and that is not just about the defenders, it’s about the team as a team. But then when the team is broken, because we go to counter attack, we cannot lose so many balls because it’s not just about the chances we missed because we didn’t miss so many chances, it’s about half-chances. The chances where we feel the space is there, the time is there, the end decision is wrong. Sometimes where you have to play two-touch, we play one touch and lose the ball. Other times you have to play one touch, you keep the ball, you turn, one more touch, you lose the ball. It looks like the decisions were wrong and probably the only one that everything was correct, the timings, the touches, the decisions was Paul [Pogba]’s shot, which was a good save by the keeper but obviously this is what happened to us all season, we have chances, we don’t score enough goals.”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

it will be interesting to see in the summer if Jose stick with inefective Martial and Rashford who both have world class potential or he goes for proven players. If somebody said to me before the season we'll need new attackers in the summer i would think he's mental, but the reallity now is we need players that deliver.
Carrick once again proved why he should play more games than Fellaini who can't complete a single easy unchallenged pass, and it takes him forever to do so.it's fornicate frustrating watching this guy.
I know e have injuries but anybody would be better than Lingard, he's West Brom level. 100k/week is a joke

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

2 months ago

Martials cameo was a fornicate disgrace. Never seen a United player so disinterested in playing football
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

Well this was my last ever European game
I can no longer be bothered
I saw every bad face of what this football club now is and i don't like it
They have beaten me and i accept defeat

On this trip i bumped into an old friend and his wife who have been coming to United games for over 40 years together
They don't have much money and United are their entire lives
They go to every game home,away and in Europe and have been doing so for most of the 40 years they have supported United
About 6 months ago they both found out they had cancer
The wife was in the very early stage and they appear to have sorted her out fairly quickly
He was more advanced and needed surgery.They got all the cancer but the tumour was missed and he needed another 9 hours of hard surgery
He looks terrible but hopefully he now has a chance
He applied for and paid for Saint-Etienne but due to the cancer didn't go and therefore didn't collect his ticket
As he was having 9 hours of life saving surgery at the time of the Rostov game he didn't apply,obviously
He decided that a short break in Brussels might do him good and applied to find out that as he had not picked up at Saint Etienne he now had a 3 year ban on applying for European aways and even if he hadn't received his ban he wouldn't have qualified for Anderlecht as he hadn't applied for Rostov.
Cancer was not an acceptable reason
He travelled to Anderlecht anyway and when two of the lads who did have tickets found out they gave them to him and watched the game in the pub
Of 1100ish tickets available at Anderlecht 150 went to the sponsors and directors and 50 went to the players
Less than 100 went to the loyalty pot and all the other 850 or so went to Thomas Cook's 3 planeloads
It's just all wrong to me

I met the official club photographer in Brussels and whilst we were chatting i asked him,out of interest,how much his camera cost
He told me £4000 but it was over 10 years old
A new updated version would cost £8000/9000 but he had been informed the club could afford to buy him a new camera
FFS

The penny pinching is unbelievable and the heart and soul frighteningly continues to deteriorate
One of United security people told me that he has an opinion that the owners would rather play in front of 45,000 tourists paying £499 plus VAT than play in front of 77,000 fans screaming the club on but only paying ticket prices of £45

I digested all of the above then watched the mediocre fayre on offer at Anderlecht
I came home and hear rumours that United would like to sell DDG,Shaw and Martial and hear Zlatan saying this club don't seem to match his ambitions
For me i have now decided to leave it to you lot of "wait and see.Next year will be a great year as we are signing the worlds best"
Really
I blame Wayne,one of our all time greats, for everything

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

2 months ago

Bloody hell Ray that's a horror story.What the hell is going on at our club.
Dear Matt,God rest his soul, must be turning in his grave at what that mafia family have done to the loving club he built.

Some posters wonder why the older generation like you and I despise everything the Glazers stand for.
Well this was just one example why.We don't count for jack shit.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”