Next Match: Image
Manchester City in the Premier League.
Thursday 27th April 2017, KO 20:00 BST.
redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (h)

5 days ago

As a very good friend of mine said,an ex professional at the highest level.
A European Cup winner

He hates the statistics that come into the game these days
Very American in his opinion which probably explains a lot
He sees stats of 75% possession
Shots on goals 200% more than the other team
Shots on target 200% more than the other team
Score?
The team with the shit stats won 2-0
So what exactly is your point quoting stats?

A player out of position is a player out of position end of
A young player who needs minutes and lots of them and important minutes.Not coming on as a sub after the 70 minute mark to chase or kill a game is still a young player who needs plenty of minutes
Ask fornicating George Best how he would have done if at 19 he'd been regularly introduced at 70 minutes at left half and then got bollocked by Matt and a few two bob fish and chip merchants on forums for having the wrong credentials
Point made

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

4 days ago

As a very good friend of mine said,an ex professional at the highest level.
A European Cup winner

He hates the statistics that come into the game these days
Very American in his opinion which probably explains a lot
He sees stats of 75% possession
Shots on goals 200% more than the other team
Shots on target 200% more than the other team
Score?
The team with the shit stats won 2-0
So what exactly is your point quoting stats?

A player out of position is a player out of position end of
A young player who needs minutes and lots of them and important minutes.Not coming on as a sub after the 70 minute mark to chase or kill a game is still a young player who needs plenty of minutes
Ask fornicating George Best how he would have done if at 19 he'd been regularly introduced at 70 minutes at left half and then got bollocked by Matt and a few two bob fish and chip merchants on forums for having the wrong credentials
Point made
The point being that you only valuer statistics when they support your view point and you live in the pasted.

btw The reality it that Rashford and Martial are getting loads of game minutes.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
Reserve
Reserve

3 days ago

As I have said before your opinions are worthless.

Maybe to you they are but the truth often hurts and you are proven to have useless and inaccurate opinions time and time again
Yesterday was fantastic and still you struggle to admit it.Why???
The reasons were obvious.Pace,enthusiasm ,energy and youth
And not against say Burnley but the champions elect

What you saw yesterday should have been what we started with all season and built on that
Rashford has been held up by being played out of position to accommodate a shirt seller
Martial has been held up more than Rashford to the point his career at Old Trafford may not be saveable
He will come back and hurt this club if the Glazers take the cash.
Same comment for DDG

They need to keep what they have except for Zlatan and Wazza(unless you are going to use them for experience only to develop the new players) and buy players in their prime on the wing and at centre half and left back
Ray you wouldn’t know the truth if you fell over it; truth is in the eye of the beholder and your vision is too clouded with hatred to see anything clearly. As for your view that my assessment of the game is useless and inaccurate, that’s your opinion and at the risk of repeating myself – your opinion is worthless to me.

Do you ever read a post before you start spewing out your diarrhea? Thinking that pace, enthusiasm, energy and youth are the only reason that won against Chelsea are at the least naive and border on an old man well pasted his dotage reliveing his memories. If those factors where all that are important then every team in the league would be playing their under 18 personnel. The Chelsea game was won because the manager assessed the opposition and developed a game plan to exploit their weaknesses, choosing the players he had available who could best implement that plan and then get the players to buy into and execute that plan. It’s hard work that wins games, especially this one, and not just bunch of kids running around the pitch having fun. Chelsea where the ideal team to play two fast attacking player up front, Big Sam with Crystal Palace had already showed the league that Chelsea defense could not handle pace. Luiz and Cahill reply on bullying players around and play high up the pitch which was custom made for players like Rashford and Lingard. Rashford had a spectacular game against Chelsea, probably the type of game he has dreamed of since he strapped on his first pair of boot, he is still learning and has shown (when Zlatan was suspended) that against teams who pack their defense he still has a thing or two to learn.

At the start of this season neither Rashford or Martial where ready to have the weight of being the primary goal scorer for Manchester United placed on their shoulders. They are both young players learning their trade and both still have a lot of learning to do. I can only image what wonderful pet name you would have had for them if they failed to live up to your standard (think Wellbeck or Wilson or Cleverley or any of the dozens of others) and your wailing and moaning because the Glazers refused to spend any money to bring in proven goal scorer. Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining; you are one of those people Ray.

Following the shit performance by Zlatan(again) last night and the game winning goal by Rashford having been switched to centre forward after Zlatan's sad(hic) demise do you want to rethink your statement above where you appear to be giving Jose the credit for picking the correct team,which he certainly didn't do last night when he left Herrara out and brought Zlatan in
And as for Rashford still learning.Well of course he is and the only way to teach him is to play him
Yes i moan that the Glazers won't buy a proven goalscorer but i don't want Zlatan or Falcao or any other old or injured shirt seller
That's the reason i don't want Maradonna or Pele
I want Kane or Benzema or Ronaldo or Bale or Suarez or somebody that is going to be around for at least 5 years and develop the team and not just the brand

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

2 days ago

Following the shit performance by Zlatan(again) last night and the game winning goal by Rashford having been switched to centre forward after Zlatan's sad(hic) demise do you want to rethink your statement above where you appear to be giving Jose the credit for picking the correct team,which he certainly didn't do last night when he left Herrara out and brought Zlatan in
And as for Rashford still learning.Well of course he is and the only way to teach him is to play him
Yes i moan that the Glazers won't buy a proven goalscorer but i don't want Zlatan or Falcao or any other old or injured shirt seller
That's the reason i don't want Maradonna or Pele
I want Kane or Benzema or Ronaldo or Bale or Suarez or somebody that is going to be around for at least 5 years and develop the team and not just the brand
Are you really trying to delude yourself into thinking that the starting lineup was the cause for the Anderlecht game being so close? With the number of chances that lineup created the game should have been over before the 15 minute mark, the lineup wasn’t the problem; it was everyone not converting the chances. For the first time I can remember you actually sound happy during a post, unfortunately it was when you announce that Zlatan was injured, it’s not often that United fans get joy from one of our player getting injured and possibly missing the remainder of the season. I guess each to their own.

You claim that a proven goal scorer would stop your moaning; Zlatan is the very definition of a proven goal scorer and still you moan. Everywhere he has played he scores goals and United has been no exception; 28 goals in all competitions, and yet you write him off as a “shirt seller” because that fits your biases. Zlatan was brought in on a one year contract to get us by this season, not to be leading the line for the next five years. Whether you like it or not his presence has given Rashford and Martial a valuable year of experience without the pressure of having to be the main goal scorer for a club the size of United and they will be better players because of it.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”