Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
ivandaman
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Da-Man-Ivan

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (h)

Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:49 pm

Well, the result speaks for itself. If anything we deserved more. Absolutely scintillating spectacle.. The US commentators absolutely slaughtered Jose before the game. They said that team selection was an admission by Jose that he doesn't believe that United can win. All 3 of them predicted a Chelsea win and even at half time said Chelsea would come back.
He did prove them and many of us (including myself) wrong. Hopefully this is a turning point. This team is capable of things if they play to the best of their abilities. Love Rashford's speed energy and work ethic but today it was like a contest who'd run faster, who'd work harder and who'd put the most energy in to the game and pressure on the opponent.. It was a fabulous spectacle. Enjoyed the intensity and the commitment from our players.

More of this please. It's been a long time and we miss the good old United that used to give us this feeling week in and week out.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:42 am

Herrera eh. Masterclass

He and Rashford put in two of the best individual performances seen in years at OT
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:33 am

As I have said before your opinions are worthless.

Maybe to you they are but the truth often hurts and you are proven to have useless and inaccurate opinions time and time again
Yesterday was fantastic and still you struggle to admit it.Why???
The reasons were obvious.Pace,enthusiasm ,energy and youth
And not against say Burnley but the champions elect

What you saw yesterday should have been what we started with all season and built on that
Rashford has been held up by being played out of position to accommodate a shirt seller
Martial has been held up more than Rashford to the point his career at Old Trafford may not be saveable
He will come back and hurt this club if the Glazers take the cash.
Same comment for DDG

They need to keep what they have except for Zlatan and Wazza(unless you are going to use them for experience only to develop the new players) and buy players in their prime on the wing and at centre half and left back

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:05 pm

One of the many encouraging aspects of this game is that it shows that Rashford is now developing into a bit of a beast as well as being speedy.

He was shrugging off players in a way which he could not when he was younger.

I am afraid I am not commenting or even visiting this forum as often as previously, as I find the continual stream of vituperation and negativity from rm both tedious and wearing.

We all have bad days, but a consistently poor and negative attitude is tiresome for others.

Criticism, of course, but not an endless and repetitive stream of it.

Manchester United with all their failings deserve to be celebrated by their supporters, not endlessly denigrated.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:22 pm

Great post. We've been missing your contributions.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:30 pm

One of the many encouraging aspects of this game is that it shows that Rashford is now developing into a bit of a beast as well as being speedy.

I am afraid I am not commenting or even visiting this forum as often as previously, as I find the continual stream of vituperation and negativity from rm both tedious and wearing.

We all have bad days, but a consistently poor and negative attitude is tiresome for others.

Manchester United with all their failings deserve to be celebrated by their supporters, not endlessly denigrated.
You are entitled to your opinions and also as to whether you post or not but to accuse me of being totally negative all of the time suggests that this is a team that has been going places
Look at the thread on this game alone on the negativity of others towards Fellaini and look at the total barrage of abuse that wazza constantly gers even though he barely,correctly,gets a look in
I was very quick i believe to praise the team in general and Rashfod and Fellaini and Herrara in particular on this magnificent performance
It was however possibly the only top quality and dominating performance of this season and that is not good enough
It came,in my opinion and that of many other good judges for one of two good reasons
Reason one was that Jose set the tactics up perfectly
Reason two was that there was no Zlatan who was said to be tired.Bless!!
Thank goodness then we are not in the tough Champions League or FA Cup semi finals

I take on board and agree with your praise of Rashford but am struggling to marry your reasoning up that he could not do what he did against Chelsea when he was younger
He is bleeding 19 and only taken part in 37 first team games of which a good number was just subs
So when was he too young to do what he did on Sunday?
He did it on his debut in every tournament at the start of his first team career which was only a year ago
He has always been fast,always been a handfull and always been instinctive
He has just been held up his development by being stuck on the wing along with Martial for a one year shirt seller

Now call that negative if you wish but it is not an attack
I believe it is the truth and if you want to see him develop he should stay in the team at centre forward for the rest of the season
Especially as Zlatan has not confirmed he will be around next season.Rashford should be bedded in and now especially with critical games,if for no other reason moral building coming up against City,Arsenal and Spurs away
He will terrorise a very average Anderlecht team on Thursday
Leave him in!!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:33 pm

Maybe to you they are but the truth often hurts and you are proven to have useless and inaccurate opinions time and time again

What you saw yesterday should have been what we started with all season and built on that
Rashford has been held up by being played out of position to accommodate a shirt seller
Martial has been held up more than Rashford to the point his career at Old Trafford may not be saveable
Same comment for DDG

They need to keep what they have except for Zlatan and Wazza(unless you are going to use them for experience only to develop the new players) and buy players in their prime on the wing and at centre half and left back
Ray you wouldn’t know the truth if you fell over it; truth is in the eye of the beholder and your vision is too clouded with hatred to see anything clearly. As for your view that my assessment of the game is useless and inaccurate, that’s your opinion and at the risk of repeating myself – your opinion is worthless to me.

Do you ever read a post before you start spewing out your diarrhea? Thinking that pace, enthusiasm, energy and youth are the only reason that won against Chelsea are at the least naive and border on an old man well pasted his dotage reliveing his memories. If those factors where all that are important then every team in the league would be playing their under 18 personnel. The Chelsea game was won because the manager assessed the opposition and developed a game plan to exploit their weaknesses, choosing the players he had available who could best implement that plan and then get the players to buy into and execute that plan. It’s hard work that wins games, especially this one, and not just bunch of kids running around the pitch having fun. Chelsea where the ideal team to play two fast attacking player up front, Big Sam with Crystal Palace had already showed the league that Chelsea defense could not handle pace. Luiz and Cahill reply on bullying players around and play high up the pitch which was custom made for players like Rashford and Lingard. Rashford had a spectacular game against Chelsea, probably the type of game he has dreamed of since he strapped on his first pair of boot, he is still learning and has shown (when Zlatan was suspended) that against teams who pack their defense he still has a thing or two to learn.

At the start of this season neither Rashford or Martial where ready to have the weight of being the primary goal scorer for Manchester United placed on their shoulders. They are both young players learning their trade and both still have a lot of learning to do. I can only image what wonderful pet name you would have had for them if they failed to live up to your standard (think Wellbeck or Wilson or Cleverley or any of the dozens of others) and your wailing and moaning because the Glazers refused to spend any money to bring in proven goal scorer. Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining; you are one of those people Ray.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I am no Dr Pangloss about what is happening at United, and would agree that the attacking players in particular have been rather inhibited by what is in reality a much more controlling and critical environment under Mourinho than under, say, a Klopp, although not every player fits in with every manager as Sturridge bears witness.

It is really a matter of tone and emphasis.

It is tedious in the extreme to be bombarded on every visit with the same negativity and the same criticisms endlessly repeated in umpteen posts.

The repetition is partly the nature of forums, but for goodness sakes cheer up a bit.

You sound like a Liverpool supporter.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:56 pm

Same comment for DDG

Ray you wouldn’t know the truth if you fell over it; truth is in the eye of the beholder and your vision is too clouded with hatred to see anything clearly. As for your view that my assessment of the game is useless and inaccurate, that’s your opinion and at the risk of repeating myself – your opinion is worthless to me.

Do you ever read a post before you start spewing out your diarrhea? Thinking that pace, enthusiasm, energy and youth are the only reason that won against Chelsea are at the least naive and border on an old man well pasted his dotage reliveing his memories. If those factors where all that are important then every team in the league would be playing their under 18 personnel. The Chelsea game was won because the manager assessed the opposition and developed a game plan to exploit their weaknesses, choosing the players he had available who could best implement that plan and then get the players to buy into and execute that plan. It’s hard work that wins games, especially this one, and not just bunch of kids running around the pitch having fun. Chelsea where the ideal team to play two fast attacking player up front, Big Sam with Crystal Palace had already showed the league that Chelsea defense could not handle pace. Luiz and Cahill reply on bullying players around and play high up the pitch which was custom made for players like Rashford and Lingard. Rashford had a spectacular game against Chelsea, probably the type of game he has dreamed of since he strapped on his first pair of boot, he is still learning and has shown (when Zlatan was suspended) that against teams who pack their defense he still has a thing or two to learn.

At the start of this season neither Rashford or Martial where ready to have the weight of being the primary goal scorer for Manchester United placed on their shoulders. They are both young players learning their trade and both still have a lot of learning to do. I can only image what wonderful pet name you would have had for them if they failed to live up to your standard (think Wellbeck or Wilson or Cleverley or any of the dozens of others) and your wailing and moaning because the Glazers refused to spend any money to bring in proven goal scorer. Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining; you are one of those people Ray.
couldn't agree more (Y)

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:42 am

Lets hope we replicate this type of performance for the remaining games and we will get into the CL (This type of performance will get you 4th and win Europa)
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:23 am

Arizona_ I am aware you don't give a monkeys about my opinion
I understand and accept that but you clearly hate me that much,i suspect you don't read anything i say and wouldn't agree especially when i am right
Your opinions are so daft they barely need mentioning as they constantly show how little understanding of the game in general and Manchester United in particular you have.
I thought of you last night on the MUTV Monday phone in
A caller rang in to express his total delight at the result and the performance.I agree
He declared himself a loyal fan from a council estate in Manchester which is where United's core support used to come from
He said he still tried to get tickets for every game as he didn't need "any overseas sports announcers to tell him what his opinions were or should be"
He "used his own eyes and his own experiences" to tell him what was going on

He thought everything about the Chelsea game was spot.I agree
He also mentioned the Chelsea away game in the FA Cup when he also felt United were magnificent and might well have won if Herrara hadn't been sent off.I agree
He could not think of one similar performance of that standard in the last 2 years.I agree
He challenged people to tell him if there had been another great performance back to when we beat Manchester City and scored 4 and that was 2 years ago.I can't think of one and challenge you to prove me wrong

I am not sure why you believe Martial was not capable of playing at centre forward because of his youth
We signed him for £36m(Over £50m if you believe Woodwards lies) and he was bought to replace Rooney.This was the correct decision as Wazza needed replacing over an 12/18 month period.
The only question mark was "who is this kid that LVG has found" as nobody had heard of him

Having joined in September 2015 he clearly missed the vital pre season acquaintance part but he was good enough to win the PFA' fan player of the month in September,Premier League player of the month and having scored on his debut against Liverpool he won goal of the month for that month
Alex Ferguson is quoted as saying "This boy can do anything"
Now i know you think you are the dogs bollocks but when it comes to football opinions i hope you will excuse me if i think SAF knows a tad more than you
He played 29 league games in his first season and scored in 11 of them.He also scored in every other competition he played in including an important 93rd minute winner in the cup semi final

His reward for clearly having a very good first season as our centre forward was to be replaced at centre forward by an ageing one season shirt seller and shoved out of position on the wing where he has been allowed to become disillusioned and criticised by Jose
No wonder he wants away
If United do cash him in, and that wouldn't surprise me, he will go on to ave a magnificent career at a top ambitious club who prefer points to dollar

So to sum up i will say that when you claim Martial and Rashford were not ready to have the weight to be the main goalscorers you have again shown you have lost touch with this club
This is a club built over the generations on youth development
These two were developing nicely and would have shared the development and the goals
They may not have led us to having a successfull league season but in case you care to look at our league position we haven't developed anyway with your hero Zlatan
All we have done is lost a year as the shirt seller gets tired earlier and earlier
If Rashford and Martial had done what you saw a glimpse of last weekend then Wazza could have been allowed to leave at Xmas and we could have been in the market place for a world class winger with pace to match the pace of Martial and Rashford

With your philosophy and short sightedness i can only be pleased that Jimmy Murphy and Matt Busby were in charge when you were a lad and Heorge Best came through as a 17 year old.I think you might have preferred it if United had signed a 40 year Stanley Matthews

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:42 am

great important win for the team!! this should be the type of performance that we should be seeing from the squad if they want to make it to the top 4 and qualify for UCL.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I understand and accept that but you clearly hate me that much,i suspect you don't read anything i say and wouldn't agree especially when i am right
Your opinions are so daft they barely need mentioning as they constantly show how little understanding of the game in general and Manchester United in particular you have.
A caller rang in to express his total delight at the result and the performance.I agree
He declared himself a loyal fan from a council estate in Manchester which is where United's core support used to come from
He said he still tried to get tickets for every game as he didn't need "any overseas sports announcers to tell him what his opinions were or should be"

He also mentioned the Chelsea away game in the FA Cup when he also felt United were magnificent and might well have won if Herrara hadn't been sent off.I agree
He could not think of one similar performance of that standard in the last 2 years.I agree
He challenged people to tell him if there had been another great performance back to when we beat Manchester City and scored 4 and that was 2 years ago.I can't think of one and challenge you to prove me wrong

I am not sure why you believe Martial was not capable of playing at centre forward because of his youth
We signed him for £36m(Over £50m if you believe Woodwards lies) and he was bought to replace Rooney.This was the correct decision as Wazza needed replacing over an 12/18 month period.
The only question mark was "who is this kid that LVG has found" as nobody had heard of him

Having joined in September 2015 he clearly missed the vital pre season acquaintance part but he was good enough to win the PFA' fan player of the month in September,Premier League player of the month and having scored on his debut against Liverpool he won goal of the month for that month
Now i know you think you are the dogs bollocks but when it comes to football opinions i hope you will excuse me if i think SAF knows a tad more than you
He played 29 league games in his first season and scored in 11 of them.He also scored in every other competition he played in including an important 93rd minute winner in the cup semi final

His reward for clearly having a very good first season as our centre forward was to be replaced at centre forward by an ageing one season shirt seller and shoved out of position on the wing where he has been allowed to become disillusioned and criticised by Jose
No wonder he wants away
If United do cash him in, and that wouldn't surprise me, he will go on to ave a magnificent career at a top ambitious club who prefer points to dollar

So to sum up i will say that when you claim Martial and Rashford were not ready to have the weight to be the main goalscorers you have again shown you have lost touch with this club
These two were developing nicely and would have shared the development and the goals
They may not have led us to having a successfull league season but in case you care to look at our league position we haven't developed anyway with your hero Zlatan
All we have done is lost a year as the shirt seller gets tired earlier and earlier
If Rashford and Martial had done what you saw a glimpse of last weekend then Wazza could have been allowed to leave at Xmas and we could have been in the market place for a world class winger with pace to match the pace of Martial and Rashford

With your philosophy and short sightedness i can only be pleased that Jimmy Murphy and Matt Busby were in charge when you were a lad and Heorge Best came through as a 17 year old.I think you might have preferred it if United had signed a 40 year Stanley Matthews

you're just like Maverick who also manipulated facts to his own advantage. Martial played most of the season on the LEFT WING just like he is under Jose. He was effective last year and this year he's not and it's not because of Ibra who does NOT play in the same positon as him !!! SAF was right about him, he can do anything, but for some reason he doesnt ! maybe he was affected by a divorce and other personal problems or whatever the reason is... he's NOT producing the goods in the SAME position as last year !

Rashord played in his prefered positon as a striker and coudn't do anything against packed defences. that is a FACT because the numbers don't lie ! maybe you believe in that saying that if you say a lie enough times it becomes the truth. maybe you convinced youreself you're right but the rest can see through your bullshit. You're too stubborn and you simply dont have an open mind to see anything else but the Glazers,Ibra and Woodward. You're so cocky and xenofobic it's hard to expect anything other than bullshit form you

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:56 pm

Joze Ruis
One simple question that i could not possibly know the anwser to
Have you ever been to Old Trafford to watch a United game or are you just a non pilgrim and non tourist and if i you are,as i suspect the latter what do you believe gives you a valid opinion on this club as you are effectively a non supporting supporter
You are nothing more than a two bob fish and chip merchant talking out of your arse
Ask Arizona who knows the Barrow Boys through an uncles cousin's best mates sister what one of those is
Ta ta
Or as you would say adios

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:02 pm

iste

Rashford just need to be more consistent and he'll be a top player.

great important win for the team!! this should be the type of performance that we should be seeing from the squad if they want to make it to the top 4 and qualify for UCL.

Same approach for Anderlect would be great!
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:07 am

Rashford's goal from Herera's assist...from the main site.

http://twii.edgeboss.net/download/twii/ ... shford.mp4

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:59 am

I loved that smart and beautiful pass by Herrera!! Really setup Rashford for the goal! (so) (so)

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:17 am

of course! they should carry over the momentum and keep the aggressiveness and intensity! (Y)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (h)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:31 am

I loved that smart and beautiful pass by Herrera!! Really setup Rashford for the goal! (so) (so)

TBH love that pass more than the goal itself.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:32 am

of course! they should carry over the momentum and keep the aggressiveness and intensity! (Y)

Agreed
And although every game is different i would suggest they should keep the core of the team for the Anderlecht 2nd leg much the same
You don't need a back 5 but you do need Pogba and Herrara in midfield and you do need Rashford at centre forward
So will Zlatan be coming back at centre forward to slow it down and take out the aggressiveness and intensity?

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (h)

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:34 am

TBH love that pass more than the goal itself.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk
Same sentiments, I really commend Herrera for that smart play.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:38 am

Agreed
And although every game is different i would suggest they should keep the core of the team for the Anderlecht 2nd leg much the same
You don't need a back 5 but you do need Pogba and Herrara in midfield and you do need Rashford at centre forward
So will Zlatan be coming back at centre forward to slow it down and take out the aggressiveness and intensity?

I think Zlatan won't slow down the pace. I believe that Zlatan can adapt to the pace, if ever they maintain their intensity from the Chelsea game, as he has been in the game and a lot of leagues for a long time. What you think?

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:39 am

Fantastic win - that type of performance and result was well overdue.

Chelsea and Conte had no answer whatsoever - Top 4 is far from done. That will be a massive confidence booster for the next few weeks
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:30 pm

Joze Ruis
One simple question that i could not possibly know the anwser to
Have you ever been to Old Trafford to watch a United game or are you just a non pilgrim and non tourist and if i you are,as i suspect the latter what do you believe gives you a valid opinion on this club as you are effectively a non supporting supporter
You are nothing more than a two bob fish and chip merchant talking out of your arse
Ask Arizona who knows the Barrow Boys through an uncles cousin's best mates sister what one of those is
Ta ta
Or as you would say adios
you're a living proof going to games regularly doesnt give a person more knowledge.
It doesnt look like you're interested in football at all, all the football gives you is a reason to complain and moan and that's why you like it. All you're capable of is xenophobic outburts , rants about the Glazers , blind pre set hatred of some players....

And the funny thing is you've fattened Glazers pockets way more than some random chinese tourist going on a pilgrimage...you know the ipad branch you love to moan about.

You could offer so much to this board with your ties to ex players ...but instead you're like an ostrich with the head in the sand.

you constantly insult people who still believe this club can be great again with xenophobic rants or sly remarks.If english are the only one capable of knowing things about football then why are so many foreign managers and players in PL ? it's a global game and underestimating someone knowledge of the game simply because they are not english is idiotic.

if you put your head out of the sand you could see things are improving. We have a manager who is the right man for the job even if we dont agree with his every action. The dynasty ended with SAF and the club made some wrong choices so the transition period is sadly prolonged.It's his first season here, let the man build his team

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:22 pm

No wonder he wants away

While I fully agree that I do not rate your opinion highly because of the biases that influence them you are totally wrong in thinking that I hate you; hate is far too powerful an emotion to be wasted. You are also wrong in thinking that I do not read what you post, as vile as they are I read them. The easy approach would be to mark you as Foe and not see any of you posts; however it is my experience that staying silent and allowing anyone to spews out hatred and abuse only empowers that person and helps them convince themselves that their opinions are correct.

For the record, because after all this is football board, I believe that Martial and Rashford are great prospects, among the best young players we have had since 2003. One of the best things that young players have going for them is their ability to adapt and learn but to accomplish that they need time on the pitch. Young players get minutes at whatever position they can get; because usually there is a senior player already occupying their natural position but also to determine what is (will be) the their best position. I hope that both Martial and Rashford go on to eclipse Rooney’s goal scoring record, not because I dislike Rooney but rather that if they do then United will have been successful, and if handle correctly Rashford does stand a chance of doing that.

I have noticed that you’re dislike of statistics (and the cost of players) doesn’t extend to when you are try to make a point. You may (or may not) find these useful in understanding just how much time these young players are getting.

Rashford
2015 – 16: Starts 18, Goals 8
2016 – 17: Starts 24, Substitutions 19, Goals 9

Martial
2015 – 16: Starts 45, Substitutions 4, Goals 17
2016 – 17: Starts 22, Substitutions 10, Goals 7

As to why Martial isn’t playing in more games or scoring as many goals while playing the same position as last season, that assessment you will have to get from Mourinho or by watching him on the pitch. Both players are getting minutes and gaining valuable experience, what they do with those minutes will determine the length of their careers at United. Rashford and Martial had outstanding first seasons, but that’s no guarantee that their second season would be anywhere near as good. You may have been willing to take the chance of them (and the team) falling on their faces but obviously Mourinho wasn’t and wanted a proved goal scorer.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”