Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Man City (a)

2 months ago

Image vs. Image

Away to Man City in the Premier League
Thursday 27th April 2017, KO 20:00 BST

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Man City (a)

2 months ago

anybody fancy Blind against Aguero, Sane ,Sterling , De Bruyne..? :shock:
Rojo has been a beast this season and formed an excellent partnership with Bailly and now we're stuck with Blind, just our luck. I would prefer Fosu-Mensah over Blind.

I hope Pep plays Otamendi...If we put Rashford on him we have a chance, he can out sprint him with 60% of his top speed.

We're gonna need Jose's tactic masterpiece again in order to have a decent chance

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

2 months ago

Rojo has been a beast this season and formed an excellent partnership with Bailly and now we're stuck with Blind, just our luck. I would prefer Fosu-Mensah over Blind.

I hope Pep plays Otamendi...If we put Rashford on him we have a chance, he can out sprint him with 60% of his top speed.

We're gonna need Jose's tactic masterpiece again in order to have a decent chance

If the team can handle Chelsea, of course there's a chance with City! :whistle:
"In my culture, that is considered a dick move." - Birdperson

Giants14
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Shut up shop and hit then on the break.

we might go 5 at the back

--------------------DDG--------------------
-----------Mensh----Bailly------Blind
Valencia-----------------------------------Young/Shaw
------------Pogba---Fellaini------Herrera---------
----------------------MickyT-----------------------------
----------------------Rashford-------------------------

Not sure on Mensh though - maybe 433 with MickyT and Martial as wingers
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Hussain

2 months ago

There's more chance of fellaini or Carrick playing CB than fosu Mensah.

I think front 3 has to be rashford, micki and martial, but Jesse might get in because of his work-rate and defensive work.

We can't make excuses of fatigue or tiredness, city played 120 minutes on Wembley, so they'll be knackered. We have to take advantage
Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Whats the news on Pogba?
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

Did you see Blind play against Burnley yesterday
Up against a faster player all game who never got past him once
Used his experience and his head
I can't find anywhere your admission you were wrong
I must have missed it :laugh: :laugh:

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

why do you think Bailly looked almost perfect? because he was covering for Blind all the time. Blind has very good football brain and very good passing but in PL he just can't physically cut it. That's why he's 5th option at CB. If he uses his head and experience so well then why in your opinion are even average players like JOnes and Smalling ahead of him ?

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

why do you think Bailly looked almost perfect? because he was covering for Blind all the time. Blind has very good football brain and very good passing but in PL he just can't physically cut it. That's why he's 5th option at CB. If he uses his head and experience so well then why in your opinion are even average players like JOnes and Smalling ahead of him ?

Which medium did you actually watch the Burnley game on/through to get such a biased an incorrect opinion?
Indeed did you even watch the game?
Why can't you just admit you were wrong and accept that because the defence played so well and Blind was a significant part of that defence Burnley were restricted to NIL shots on target

Your knowledge of football in general and Manchester United in particular fascinates and frightens me

So why is Blind 5th choice centre half?
That's easy
He is a frigging midfileder helping out in any position he is asked to play
In this case because Jones and Smalling,according to Jose don't have the courage to make themselves available
Blinds true position is like Michael Carrick
Many good judges have even suggested that if Carrick goes at the end of the season they might try Blind
It wouldn't be the daftest idea i've heard

Against Burnley not only did Blind play well alongside Baill, who again had a very good game, he was often seen covering the gap at fullback when Ashley Young was caught upfield

So the question is why do you think Carrick is 5th choice centre half as well?Well he has helped out in the past when Jones was injured(again) and Smalling was showing us what he wasn't capable of
Another question you might like to think about is why is Ashley Young,a natural left winger all his career not even on the list,never mind 5th behind a team that really has no left winger on its books

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

2 months ago

What can you guys say about this?

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

2 months ago

Which medium did you actually watch the Burnley game on/through to get such a biased an incorrect opinion?
Indeed did you even watch the game?
Why can't you just admit you were wrong and accept that because the defence played so well and Blind was a significant part of that defence Burnley were restricted to NIL shots on target

Your knowledge of football in general and Manchester United in particular fascinates and frightens me

So why is Blind 5th choice centre half?
That's easy
He is a frigging midfileder helping out in any position he is asked to play
In this case because Jones and Smalling,according to Jose don't have the courage to make themselves available
Blinds true position is like Michael Carrick
Many good judges have even suggested that if Carrick goes at the end of the season they might try Blind
It wouldn't be the daftest idea i've heard

Against Burnley not only did Blind play well alongside Baill, who again had a very good game, he was often seen covering the gap at fullback when Ashley Young was caught upfield

So the question is why do you think Carrick is 5th choice centre half as well?Well he has helped out in the past when Jones was injured(again) and Smalling was showing us what he wasn't capable of
Another question you might like to think about is why is Ashley Young,a natural left winger all his career not even on the list,never mind 5th behind a team that really has no left winger on its books
LOL you're the last person that can talk about biased incorrect opinion. You're are incapable of disccusing football without attacking anyone who dissagree with you.You put yourself so high up on the pedestal and are so full of hate you've lost all sense of reallity

Blind was never a midfielder, he made his name as a LB or LWB. He can play in midfield, just not very good. Show me one good ''judge'' who want Blind to replace Carrick ? Unlike your opinions that are full of hatred i admitted i like his football brain and passing ability.
Not everything is black and white... but to someone like you who limits himslef by not having an open mind there's no point of even having a conversation. In your mind you're the Einstein of football and what you say is the law. You can't learn anything new and that's why you have a far more limited knowledge that you could have with all the years of watching football.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

2 months ago

FFS give it a rest

Is all you can do is personally attack me

You start the thread by having a right go at Blind
You now tell us all he is not very good

You tell us above that Blind was never a midfielder but a LWB
Where the fornicate do you think a LWB plays
Oh yes!!In the middle of the field ie a midfielder

"Show you one good judge who wants Blind to replace Carrick"
Well a few i know Pat Crerand,Lou Macari,Frank Stapleton,Lee Martin,Sammy Mcilroy,Bryan Robson think he has a chance but if you don't fancy him who are those mere mortals to question YOUR superior judgement

I agree though that he is not very good
Only capped over 40 times
Won the Dutch League 4 times
Dutch player of the year 2014
Part of the Dutch team that finished 3rd in the last world cup

Barely worth mentioning eh
What a crock of shit he is

And as i asked i will ask again
"DID YOU WATCH THE BURNLEY GAME?"
or are you getting your opinions off somebody else

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 month ago

Blind has probably one of the best football brains and best range of passing at the club. I would love to see him get a run in Carricks position. That is probably his most natural position and he played there for AJax.
"Make America Great Again!"

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

i disagree on Blind having the best range of passing at the club, out of defenders for sure but Carrick, Pogba , Mata and possibly Herrera are better

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

1 month ago

Blind is good squad (role) player when used correctly and Mourinho hasn’t asked him to play a role he is not been capable of playing. Speed and quickness have never been his strong suits, but with his football intelligence and ability to read the game he usually manages to get to where the play will be before the opposition killing the play before it starts. However if he misjudges the play or an attacker get behind him he has very little recover and we have paid the price for that. All defender will get beaten at some point, what I like about Blind is he very rarely get beaten the same way twice; he learns from his mistakes.

If given the time Blind has a good range of passing but far too many times, especially during Van Gaals tenure, he was asked to play the deep sitting play maker and teams figured out quickly that he could be pressured into turning the ball over. Unless it’s a truly desperate situation I just don’t think we see him in a Mourinho midfield.

I will have to say that I did not see him making it through last summer; my thinking was that he would follow Van Gaal out the door. It does appear that he has Mourinho’s trust and is doing a job for us when needed.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

You boys like stats

Check this out and try and convince yourself he is just "doing a job"
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/daley-bl ... es.419634/

Try telling yourselves that Fellaini is shit as well and just doing a job and then compare to those performance stats to Pogba
Better still compare your TV feeds for Blind and Fellaini against the shirt sellers Pogba,Zlatan and Schweinsteiger the world cup winner
Just compare his United career though and not from 15 years ago

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Same criticism from rival every year. No big deal, he'll spend too if he can.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

Blind has probably one of the best football brains and best range of passing at the club. I would love to see him get a run in Carricks position. That is probably his most natural position and he played there for AJax.
I can't recall Jose plays him there, did he? For some reason, even LVG doesn't play him in midfield much.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

1 month ago

You boys like stats

Check this out and try and convince yourself he is just "doing a job"
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/daley-bl ... es.419634/

Try telling yourselves that Fellaini is shit as well and just doing a job and then compare to those performance stats to Pogba
Better still compare your TV feeds for Blind and Fellaini against the shirt sellers Pogba,Zlatan and Schweinsteiger the world cup winner
Just compare his United career though and not from 15 years ago
You can do that here.
https://www.whoscored.com/PlayerComparison

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

1 month ago

Not even Blinds own father thinks hes good enough to play in defensive mid. Hes a LWB or LB, but hes a squad player, nothing more
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: RE: Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Man City (a)

1 month ago

Not even Blinds own father thinks hes good enough to play in defensive mid. Hes a LWB or LB, but hes a squad player, nothing more
Personally I think he is essential to the team but not first choice.

Sent from my WAS-LX2 using Tapatalk

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

1 month ago

So he would probably be great in midfield, seeing how his father is an absolute shite manager.
"Make America Great Again!"

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

1 month ago

Same criticism from rival every year. No big deal, he'll spend too if he can.
I agree on this. Every manager will spend if the right opportunity comes.

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

1 month ago

I can't recall Jose plays him there, did he? For some reason, even LVG doesn't play him in midfield much.
Jose didnt play him in midfield, LVG tried but it didnt excatly work out.

For this one i expect 3 CB's so his shortcomings won't be so apperent. If we go with standard back 4, Blind could be overrun by Sane, Aguero....

Now that's is confirmed Pogba is out Jose wll need even more of a tactical masterpiece. But then again that's where Jose shines the most and i wouldn't be suprised if we win

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

1 month ago

Jose didnt play him in midfield, LVG tried but it didnt excatly work out.

For this one i expect 3 CB's so his shortcomings won't be so apperent. If we go with standard back 4, Blind could be overrun by Sane, Aguero....

Now that's is confirmed Pogba is out Jose wll need even more of a tactical masterpiece. But then again that's where Jose shines the most and i wouldn't be suprised if we win
If we go with Rashford and Martial up front and go on all out attack we could possibly overrun a static City defence
If my grandmother had balls she could have been my grandfather

All if's and but's but the good news Joze Ruis is that you are not the manager
We would get a good dicking if you were manager with your tactics and appreciation of the game

As it is a draw would not be a bad result and i expect Jose to aim for that
Without Zlatan up front we have a chance of hitting them on the counter attack with pace

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”