Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Otis wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm
marcus leong wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:51 am
Mr_Aubergine wrote:Keep posting Ray, it's what makes this site readable and interesting but suggest you're not too cutting with the "well respected members".

I agree very much with your comments about Law and Charlton, I remember their effect on the team in their final years........everybody eventually gets old.

Wayne Rooney? I think he was a tremendous player for this club, winning us many trophys with his never say die attitude. Good luck to him and I secretly hope he still has some parting gifts in his locker.
There's no problem about different opinions. I argued with Ben all the time.

The problem is respect. Ray need to learn to respect others. He think he is above everyone else.
Perhaps you and Relly could set an example by showing Wayne Rooney just a little bit of respect for his many achievements at this club.
Sure. When he join this board I'll show him plenty of respect.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:32 pm

Otis wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm
Perhaps you and Relly could set an example by showing Wayne Rooney just a little bit of respect for his many achievements at this club.
Why, is he on this board?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:40 am

Mr_Aubergine wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:25 pm
Nice one Otis!

I've just put a fiver on Everton to win the premiership.......74/1 hahaha.

They have a potentially great defense, a cracking young goalie and with a striker who will have it all to play for!
And no Rooney in the starting line up

Those are very good odds
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

Asked to offer Lukaku some words of advice, Rooney said: “There are standards that you have to keep when you are at Manchester United. “That came from the manager Sir Alex Ferguson when I went to United and it was then passed down through the dressing room by the likes of Giggsy, Gary Neville and Scholesy.

“Over the last few years, it was down to me and Michael Carrick to keep the new players maintaining those standards. “That became more difficult over the last few years, with some of the players who joined the club. There are traditions at United that have to be maintained. It’s become harder, but that’s not my problem any more. I’m just ecstatic to be back at Everton.
The fornicate nerve of him to speak about maintaining standards

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:36 am

Sandies wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am
Asked to offer Lukaku some words of advice, Rooney said: “There are standards that you have to keep when you are at Manchester United. “That came from the manager Sir Alex Ferguson when I went to United and it was then passed down through the dressing room by the likes of Giggsy, Gary Neville and Scholesy.

“Over the last few years, it was down to me and Michael Carrick to keep the new players maintaining those standards. “That became more difficult over the last few years, with some of the players who joined the club. There are traditions at United that have to be maintained. It’s become harder, but that’s not my problem any more. I’m just ecstatic to be back at Everton.
The fornicate nerve of him to speak about maintaining standards

What desperately poor and pathetic comments you lot are making

"Wayne Rooney will get respect if he joins this board"
"The nerve of him to talk about maintaining standards"
LMAO :laugh: :laugh:

In 50 years time this man will STILL be in the record books as our all time leading goalscorer and the winner of MANY important trophies for this club
If the Glazers are still in charge of this club then we will probably consider winning the under 16's league a major trophy and the Glazers will be the richest family in the world
By then the entire family might have attended possibly 100 games

Sp please let us quote Rooney correctly eh
Not part quote nor a manipulative quote that suits to try to prove the impossible

What Rooney said was
"PLAYING for Manchester United is a test of character as well as your ability.You have got to be strong enough mentally to accept the challenge"(The emphasis is on the word "playing")
"United are a football club which demands success.Romelu has to be strong enough to take that challenge.If he does that,then with the ability he's got then it will be a success.If he doesn't,if he worries about things then it will be more difficult"(I personally think those are wise,words from somebody who has won,several times everything you can win)
How many of the new todger bashers like Zlatan,Schweinster,Depay,Mata,Herrara,Lukaku etc etc etc say anything about winning anything importabt for MANCHESTER UNITED??

Rooney added
"There are standards that you have to keep when you are at Manchester United.That obviously came from the manager Sir Alex when i went to United"
"And it was passed down by the likes of Giggsy,Gary and Scholesy.Over the last few years it was down to me and Michael Carrick to keep the new players maintaining standards"
"That has been more difficult over the last few years with some of the players who joined the club.But that's not my problem anymore"

Again i think these are very wise words
He appears to have made the point that when he joined there was a host of players of top top quality,at the peak of their game who could win things with and for the club
Over the years they have not been replaced other than with old or knackered shirt sellers like Falcao,Schweinsteiger,Di Maria and Zlatan,as examples
The result is that this is just now a team of mercenaries led by mercenary owners
Only Carrick of the old guard of top winners left and this will be his last season

If you think this team is capable of winning or getting close to winning the Premier League or the Champions League you can go and audition for La la land 2 whilst United are still in Hollywood

I would not diss Wazza if i was you Sandies as you are likely to need the memories of his goals till the day you die before you get any more top quality success

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:49 am

What a great speech Flecth!

https://twitter.com/Rooney_esque/status ... 3921734656

I really miss you Rooney - legend!!
Bring Back Becks Image

Mr_Aubergine
Junior Player
Junior Player
Call Me: Eric

Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Yes, a nice tribute from a teammate who obviously knows a bit more than most!!

On an associated note...........sad that one of Rooney's few verbal supporters on this forum seems to have "disappeared"............,leaving us listening to the ultra boring drivel of his critics who seem to have increased their banal comments in the hope of finding an audience in his absence.
Ray isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least his posts are evocative and promote a response; after all this is a forum for discussion and not everyone is going to agree with the outspoken...........but it makes it interesting and entertaining.
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.......sometimes you get pissed off!

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:18 pm

We should have sold him 5 years ago when Chelsea came sniffing. I won't ever change my opinion because some call me boring or whatever. He never lived up to his potential and was a burden for a couple of years. Simple as that.
It's funny actually me and a few mates met at a pub the other day and had an in depth conversation about everything United. And everyone said that it's a bit of a relief not having Rooney anymore. Not worrying if he's not going to be fit for a couple of months at the start of the season. Not worrying he will get game time when he doesn't deserve it.
100% Top Red

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm

Yeah, relief is the best word I can use to describe my feelings. It feels like Rooney has been put out of his misery, which is a sad state of affairs. I think if he'd have left a few years ago, he'd have a much better reputation, but going on well past his best has tarnished his legacy somewhat. That's in the moment though. He's still playing, and his decline is obvious to see. In 10-20 years I think that will fade, and we won't recall the sad sight of a man trying in vain to recapture the glory of his youth, and we'll instead remember the times he was capable of such glory.

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:30 pm
Yeah, relief is the best word I can use to describe my feelings. It feels like Rooney has been put out of his misery, which is a sad state of affairs. I think if he'd have left a few years ago, he'd have a much better reputation, but going on well past his best has tarnished his legacy somewhat. That's in the moment though. He's still playing, and his decline is obvious to see. In 10-20 years I think that will fade, and we won't recall the sad sight of a man trying in vain to recapture the glory of his youth, and we'll instead remember the times he was capable of such glory.
I can quite agree with that. Even with the couple of weeks that have passed my memories of him have now turned to happier times. I'm not too happy the way he's conducted himself since going back to Everton though. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if he scored against us he kissed the Everton badge. He's disrespected this club a fair bit since he left
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:41 pm

Mr_Aubergine wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:47 pm
Yes, a nice tribute from a teammate who obviously knows a bit more than most!!

On an associated note...........sad that one of Rooney's few verbal supporters on this forum seems to have "disappeared"............,leaving us listening to the ultra boring drivel of his critics who seem to have increased their banal comments in the hope of finding an audience in his absence.
Ray isn't everyone's cup of tea but at least his posts are evocative and promote a response; after all this is a forum for discussion and not everyone is going to agree with the outspoken...........but it makes it interesting and entertaining.
He protects Rooney, but insults every other player who played for the club in the last decade. I don't understand fans who put Rooney ahead of the club, when Rooney has always done exactly that himself.

And I really can't even add to what Dante and Short back.. have said, pretty much spot on.
"Make America Great Again!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:29 am

Tbh .... I already remember him with fondness - it's almost as though the last 4 years or so have been scrubbed. In fact, right now most of all I remember are the very few highlights of that period. Him leaving was the best thing for all parties involved.
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:49 am

I can understand him leaving

- what with the issues of his salary paid and him not being involved
- With the deal probably involving us getting Lukaku

I just miss him and loved him at the club. Even in his last 4 years as ppl say, I never stopped believing in him or thought of insulting the man, the legend. I just loved who he was, what he has done and can do. And he did produce even in his last days - like the run for the goal in the FA Cup final, his record breaking free-kick to salvage a point and keep our top four hopes alive at that point.

Yes you can see the sense it makes letting him go and we wish him well, but some just hated him and you could almost call it envy as it was not logical given what he has done for this club and fans. He last 4 years never warranted that hate so its coming from some other place and they justify it by saying they are putting the club over a player - but that player was a big part of this clubs history, success and records.

There is no justification for the negative treatment towards this Legend
Bring Back Becks Image

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:22 pm

dbecks07 wrote:
Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:49 am
I can understand him leaving

- what with the issues of his salary paid and him not being involved
- With the deal probably involving us getting Lukaku

I just miss him and loved him at the club. Even in his last 4 years as ppl say, I never stopped believing in him or thought of insulting the man, the legend. I just loved who he was, what he has done and can do. And he did produce even in his last days - like the run for the goal in the FA Cup final, his record breaking free-kick to salvage a point and keep our top four hopes alive at that point.

Yes you can see the sense it makes letting him go and we wish him well, but some just hated him and you could almost call it envy as it was not logical given what he has done for this club and fans. He last 4 years never warranted that hate so its coming from some other place and they justify it by saying they are putting the club over a player - but that player was a big part of this clubs history, success and records.

There is no justification for the negative treatment towards this Legend
My sentiments entirely. :clap:
The hate campaign against him by Relly especially was just plain sick.

Wayne Rooney will be our greatest ever goalscorer for ever.Maybe it's that's why he's resented by some and hated by one.

Anyone know where Ray is.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....Manchester United Legend.
Come back Ray,the board needs you.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:35 pm

No one resents him because he used to be really good. Any resentment came from the poor performances of the last few years

I'd argue as well he's our highest goalscorer, but not our greatest goalscorer. That would probably be Ruud.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:17 pm

Dante wrote:
No one resents him because he used to be really good. Any resentment came from the poor performances of the last few years

I'd argue as well he's our highest goalscorer, but not our greatest goalscorer. That would probably be Ruud.
And his shitty attitude and multiple attempts to transfer to our rivals.

Rooney obtained his record through longevity, and nothing else. He scraped across the finish line in an embarrassing manor and will probably keep that record forever because very few players get the opportunity to stay and start often well beyond their best before date. He was given four years he didn't deserve to achieve that record.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:30 pm

Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

Rooney obtained his record through longevity, and nothing else. He scraped across the finish line in an embarrassing manor and will probably keep that record forever because very few players get the opportunity to stay and start often well beyond their best before date. He was given four years he didn't deserve to achieve that record.
All that being said, he is still the record holder and if memory serves me right in fewer games than Sir Bobby.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:35 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
I can quite agree with that. Even with the couple of weeks that have passed my memories of him have now turned to happier times. I'm not too happy the way he's conducted himself since going back to Everton though. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if he scored against us he kissed the Everton badge. He's disrespected this club a fair bit since he left
This.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:54 am

Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

Rooney passed Bobby Charton's record having played 199 games,roughly four seasons less than Bobby.
Longevity has got fornicate all to do with it.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:14 pm

Yeah but position might have something to do with it.

Anyway, I'm glad he is gone, agree that years ago he was great but in the last 3/4 years he's been a drag on the team and I honestly think if Everton get a few more players he is going to struggle to make it into the first 11 in that team.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:45 pm

Otis wrote:
Relly wrote:
Dante wrote:

Rooney passed Bobby Charton's record having played 199 games,roughly four seasons less than Bobby.

If he was sold 4 years ago when his decline really started to show and SAF saw it and paved the way for it to happen he wouldn't have achieved the goal. However the dimwit Moyes decided to handicap the club by giving him a massive contract, thus giving Rooney years more to obtain the record. How in the fornicate world does longevity not play a factor?

In the modern game it is and will continue to be less likely to see players staying at a club for 13 or 14 seasons, especially if they are a striker that no longer performs.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:28 am

Relly wrote:
Otis wrote:
Relly wrote:

If he was sold 4 years ago when his decline really started to show and SAF saw it and paved the way for it to happen he wouldn't have achieved the goal. However the dimwit Moyes decided to handicap the club by giving him a massive contract, thus giving Rooney years more to obtain the record. How in the fornicate world does longevity not play a factor?

In the modern game it is and will continue to be less likely to see players staying at a club for 13 or 14 seasons, especially if they are a striker that no longer performs.
Moyes didn't give Rooney a contract extension and £300k a week the board did.It was approved by Woodward,the board and the Glazers.
You can't blame Rooney for accepting it,can you.

If,as you say,Rooney was crap and holding the club to ransom why didn't they sell him and get £20million off Chelsea for him.
How come the combined wisdom and business acumen of Fergie,Woodward ,the Glazers and the board couldn't see that Wayne Rooney was screwing them but a little footballing genius like you could.

As for longevity it is arguable that Bobby Charlton played 2/3 seasons passed his prime along with a number of his team mates.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:42 am

Played central, moved to the right then the left and still not good enough. Against the 3rd best team in Slovenia. Everton waking up to the lemon they just bought

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm

Otis wrote:
Relly wrote:
Otis wrote:

Moyes didn't give Rooney a contract extension and £300k a week the board did.It was approved by Woodward,the board and the Glazers.

If,as you say,Rooney was crap and holding the club to ransom why didn't they sell him and get £20million off Chelsea for him.
How come the combined wisdom and business acumen of Fergie,Woodward ,the Glazers and the board couldn't see that Wayne Rooney was screwing them but a little footballing genius like you could.

As for longevity it is arguable that Bobby Charlton played 2/3 seasons passed his prime along with a number of his team mates.
SAF wanted him out. He served him up on a platter to be sold on his way out of the club. Rooney's whole career at United, if he was fit he played, somewhere. SAF's last season that was no longer the case, and he was dropped for big games, like Real Madrid. SAF was a master or recognizing a player reaching their best buy date. He did with Rooney and that's why he attempted to pave the way for Moyes to get rid of him.

The club decided to keep him because they had such a disastrous transfer window, everyone they went after said no, or the clubs priced them out of a move. Selling Rooney to a major rival would have been viewed as a major loss and really would really weaken the clubs stature. That's what Rooney and Stretford recognized and how they managed to get such a ridiculous contract out of the club.

Whether it was Moyes or Ed or the glazers it's pretty easy to decipher that if SAF would have stayed Rooney would have been gone.

And honestly what happened with Charlton 40 years ago has nothing to do with Rooney and his career.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:08 pm
Otis wrote:
Relly wrote:

SAF wanted him out. He served him up on a platter to be sold on his way out of the club. Rooney's whole career at United, if he was fit he played, somewhere. SAF's last season that was no longer the case, and he was dropped for big games, like Real Madrid. SAF was a master or recognizing a player reaching their best buy date. He did with Rooney and that's why he attempted to pave the way for Moyes to get rid of him.

The club decided to keep him because they had such a disastrous transfer window, everyone they went after said no, or the clubs priced them out of a move. Selling Rooney to a major rival would have been viewed as a major loss and really would really weaken the clubs stature. That's what Rooney and Stretford recognized and how they managed to get such a ridiculous contract out of the club.

Whether it was Moyes or Ed or the glazers it's pretty easy to decipher that if SAF would have stayed Rooney would have been gone.

And honestly what happened with Charlton 40 years ago has nothing to do with Rooney and his career.
More fake news from you to quote your idol Trump.

In an article in the Manchester Evening News on the 9th March 2013 Stuart Mathieson reported on a Fergie press conference after the Madrid defeat.
He was said to be furious with press reports of him and Wayne Rooney and he started the conference by asking the Press if they wanted to get rid of the nonsense first or talk sense."The issues you're all going on about in the papers are absolute rubbish.I've banned two papers from the press conference and they wont get back in here until they apologise.There's absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I.To suggest we don't talk to each other on the training ground is absolute nonsense."
He went on to explain the reason for not playing him in the Madrid game was completely tactical.He went on to say"Wayne will be here next season,you have my word on that.There are no issues at all with the player."

Served him up on a platter my arse.I know you wont accept any of this because you're a nasty,malicious little bleeder but WTF cares what you say anyway.

Oh good news for you today.Jose said in his press conference that Galatasaray had more chance of getting him as their manager than getting Fellaini as he is far too important to him.
So you have someone else to satisfy your hate.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”