Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Re: The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:51 am

I wouldn't even bother wasting your time explaining to the haters about the Legend that is Wayne Rooney

His name will forever be etched in the record books and history of Manchester United Football club, and the hearts of the fans that dont have a personal grudge against the man. And this will last far beyond the lives and opinions of the haters.

Bring Back Becks Image

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:35 am

I wouldn't even bother wasting your time explaining to the haters about the Legend that is Wayne Rooney

His name will forever be etched in the record books and history of Manchester United Football club, and the hearts of the fans that dont have a personal grudge against the man. And this will last far beyond the lives and opinions of the haters.
How true. :clap:

If some United fans can't find an ounce of goodwill for the great things Rooney contributed to the club,well sod them.
I'm done with it now.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....United Legend.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:00 pm

Rooney will always be known as a United Legend - he won everything and is our top ever goal scorer - people do have short memories and forget how much he brought to the club over his time.

However......The past few season have been difficult to watch, I don't think anyone can disagree with that - his form has severely dipped and he isn't the player he used to be and it seemed the right time for all parties to move on.

One big shame is that he never really received a decent farewell -which he deserved.

For now though - he is a rival and when we face Everton - he will get an applause for sure but when the game starts I want our players to battle hard and kick him into next week :laugh:
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Moyes didn't give Rooney a contract extension and £300k a week the board did.It was approved by Woodward,the board and the Glazers.
You can't blame Rooney for accepting it,can you.

If,as you say,Rooney was crap and holding the club to ransom why didn't they sell him and get £20million off Chelsea for him.
How come the combined wisdom and business acumen of Fergie,Woodward ,the Glazers and the board couldn't see that Wayne Rooney was screwing them but a little footballing genius like you could.

As for longevity it is arguable that Bobby Charlton played 2/3 seasons passed his prime along with a number of his team mates.
SAF wanted him out. He served him up on a platter to be sold on his way out of the club. Rooney's whole career at United, if he was fit he played, somewhere. SAF's last season that was no longer the case, and he was dropped for big games, like Real Madrid. SAF was a master or recognizing a player reaching their best buy date. He did with Rooney and that's why he attempted to pave the way for Moyes to get rid of him.

The club decided to keep him because they had such a disastrous transfer window, everyone they went after said no, or the clubs priced them out of a move. Selling Rooney to a major rival would have been viewed as a major loss and really would really weaken the clubs stature. That's what Rooney and Stretford recognized and how they managed to get such a ridiculous contract out of the club.

Whether it was Moyes or Ed or the glazers it's pretty easy to decipher that if SAF would have stayed Rooney would have been gone.

And honestly what happened with Charlton 40 years ago has nothing to do with Rooney and his career.
More fake news from you to quote your idol Trump.

In an article in the Manchester Evening News on the 9th March 2013 Stuart Mathieson reported on a Fergie press conference after the Madrid defeat.
He was said to be furious with press reports of him and Wayne Rooney and he started the conference by asking the Press if they wanted to get rid of the nonsense first or talk sense."The issues you're all going on about in the papers are absolute rubbish.I've banned two papers from the press conference and they wont get back in here until they apologise.There's absolutely no issue between Wayne Rooney and I.To suggest we don't talk to each other on the training ground is absolute nonsense."
He went on to explain the reason for not playing him in the Madrid game was completely tactical.He went on to say"Wayne will be here next season,you have my word on that.There are no issues at all with the player."

Served him up on a platter my arse.I know you wont accept any of this because you're a nasty,malicious little bleeder but WTF cares what you say anyway.

Oh good news for you today.Jose said in his press conference that Galatasaray had more chance of getting him as their manager than getting Fellaini as he is far too important to him.
So you have someone else to satisfy your hate.
We all know that SAF was always completely forthright with the media. And I never claimed there was an issue between them, I said it appears SAF stopped rating him and starting playing other people instead of him, i.e. tactical, playing better players in his positions.

And apparently you care what I say because you are in here, reading it, getting triggered and responding.

And I am not sure what this has to do with Trump or politics, but since you injected that I must point out that like a typical lefty with no factual argument you choose to attack the person making the argument as opposed to the argument itself.
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:01 pm

http://www.givemesport.com/1115912-wayn ... utoplay=on

So glad he is someone else's problem now.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:27 am

He's started a new career in comedy Ben.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:01 am

He's done well by the way. Didn't watch it, but heard he put in a good shift
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:07 am

He's done well by the way. Didn't watch it, but heard he put in a good shift
I didn't watch, so I can't comment. However often times the word was he played good for us when in reality anyone who actually watched knew he was actually dogshit.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:50 am

Glad to see you haven't changed Benjamin (Y)
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”