Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: The Rooney Problem (solved by Koeman)

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:51 pm

I heard he's still looking to be included in the England squad.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:22 pm

What a disgraceful topic title. He deserves a better thread.. We will only appreciate it him fully when he's gone, and the time was right.. his legs doesn't have it anymore..

a club legend, and a hero.. just look at his goals on youtube, unbelievable.. there's too many to choose from. I was fortunate enough to witness them live ( bolton counter attack, west ham half way line volley and the villa turn/spin volley).. :clap: :clap:

other great goals were ;

overhead kick vs city,
boro volley fa cup,
newcastle volley
AC milan winner
Portsmouth fa cup chip
Arsenal counter attack goal

Wish him the best of luck in everton, only two goals to get to 200 premier league goals (unbelievable achievement).. He's got 101 premier league assists, only giggs has more (162). Wazza will take over lampard who's got 102 assists.

253 goals (not sure how many assists overall)

LEGEND.. will be mised :(
Great post Hussain (and dbecks07)
We all know about Wayne's gradual decline in the last 3/4 years but that is no reason whatsoever for the terrible abuse and contempt that some on here have for him.

He may not be remembered with the same reverence as Law,Charlton,Best,Cantona,Beckham,Scholes and Giggs but he won more honours than most and scored more goals than all of them.
Regarding assists,I read somewhere recently that he was one of only four players in the Premiership to be credited with over a hundred assists and the only forward to be so credited.That will mean nothing to his haters of course.

So good luck Wayne,thanks for the memories and stick it up every team except us of course. (l) :clap:
What about trying to transfer to our rivals? or multiple times taking advantage of the club when they were in vulnerable positions to better his paycheck? does that warrant the abuse? Or what about coming back every single preseason overweight and out of shape? Does that warrant the abuse?

How can you think that, conservatively, half of United fans are wrong about Rooney? I know I am quite vocal about him, but some of our most respected members on this board feel the same way, they just don't vocalize it. And that goes for fans everywhere. You read the comments of any article on any website about Rooney and the majority are United fans criticizing him. Go on any United fanpage, board, facebook group and it's the same thing.
Same old rhetoric as always.
If he had Fergie by the balls as you suggest why didn't he just sell him.Fergie got rid of Keane,Stam and Beckham when he thought they undermined his authority.
Perhaps your claims are groundless or United kept him at the club because he was more valuable keeping than getting rid of.Either way you can't blame Rooney for that.

There was a player at the club once who you have probably never heared of.He was George Best and considered by many to be the greatest player we ever had.
He shat on the club over and over again for his drinking,clubbing and missing training.He spat the affection and trust of Sir Matt Busby back in his face again and again until they finally kicked him out at the ripe old age of 27.He went to America and continued his antics there.
There's a statue of him outside the club now.Perhaps the wonderful memories he left us were more important than his behaviour.

I just don't get the impression that half United fans share your hateful and comtemptable opinion of Rooney.Most comments I have read or heard from the many United fans I know are thanks for the memories and good luck.
There are some comments like yours that i've heard and read but there are people like you everywhere unfortunately.

You never answered my question who you are going to spew out your hatred on now the Rooney has gone.
Putting my money on Fellaini.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....United Legend.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:23 pm

It's actually tickling me Otis what some are saying

I have told this forum time and time again what happened when Wayne alledgedly,according to some tried to sell himself to City
i was at the training ground that day with SAF when a reporter told SAF that Scouse Ed/The Glazers had cashed Wazza in
SAF knew nothing about it.He went ballistic
So no,Wazza didn't sell himself to the enemy
The Glazers cashed him in before telling anybody
You can choose to believe that or believe that not but those on this forum who know me know i am in a position to know the truth

So Wazza forced Scouse Ed to pay him £1m a month did he?
Or did the thieving owners make a fortune out of his shirt sales?
Even now they are making money
Look at the deal
Everton owe United £15m for Scneiderlin plus £5m for Will Keane so that's £20m United won't pay
Plus Wazza who has gone for an "undisclosed fee"
Really!!
It's like a boxing match at Caesars in Las Vegas
They give all the good seats out for free to the high rollers
So do you put free or complimentary on the ticket or do you put $10,000
It doesn't matter as nobody is paying for it
So is Lukaku £50m and Wazza is a free or is Lukaku £75m and Wazza is £25m(or undisclosed)
Typical American bullshit
I suspect United aren't paying net more than £30m,and that over 4 years

And another thing to make me smile
We have the only Chinaman East of the Stretford End,who runs this forum with no knowledge and who doesn't like Wazza
Shame on you.Marcus
For info there were hundreds at the ground today all buying up Wazza shirt still as keepsakes

Everton will be making a fortune out of his shirts now so he'll cost them nothing as they have a full quota of happy clappy's as well.

Wazza actually looked good and fit at the Everton press conference yesterday

I can see him coming back and haunting us like that other old knackered player did in 1974
A has been who joined City and back heeled us into division 2
Now what was that useless old bastard called
Erm erm erm.Oh yes Denis Law

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:43 pm

the reaction to the news of wayne rooney leaving is disgraceful

yes he was poor for the last few years, but we should be celebrating his achievements here not celebrating him leaving

shame on you all (ben, ste, marcus, ... the whole lot of you)

*exits
I'd have been celebrating his achievements if he'd left a few years ago. As it is, his performances have been increasingly desperate to the point where it's only possible to feel relief that he won't be around to drag the team down any more.
What a disgraceful topic title. He deserves a better thread.. We will only appreciate it him fully when he's gone, and the time was right.. his legs doesn't have it anymore..
He's been a ghost for the last few years. There hasn't been anything to miss.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:36 am

Rooney's accomplishments at United deserve to be celebrated. During his time at United we have won everything that a club can possible win and he has been a major part of those accomplishments. Time and again he sacrifices his game and glory for the sake of the team, I have to wonder which of his contemporaries would be willing or able to do that. One thing that was alway true with Rooney was that even. when he was having a run of bad form he could be counted on to never stop trying, he would run his guts out for the team. However about 3-4 years ago that part of his game changed and there where games when he appeared to be going through the motions or saving hisself and that destroyed a big part of his game.

Thanks for the memories, there where many of them, but it is a good time to move on .
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:49 am

If Rooney perform exceptionally well in Everton, it just proved he doesnt give a shit for the last few years in United.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:56 am

Im going to say this publicly.

Ray, I've said this many times, stop the name calling. Consider this your final warning. Disrespect, discredit me all you want but if you going to start name calling again. You're gone.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:18 am

Rooney's accomplishments at United deserve to be celebrated. During his time at United we have won everything that a club can possible win and he has been a major part of those accomplishments. Time and again he sacrifices his game and glory for the sake of the team, I have to wonder which of his contemporaries would be willing or able to do that. One thing that was alway true with Rooney was that even. when he was having a run of bad form he could be counted on to never stop trying, he would run his guts out for the team. However about 3-4 years ago that part of his game changed and there where games when he appeared to be going through the motions or saving hisself and that destroyed a big part of his game.

Thanks for the memories, there where many of them, but it is a good time to move on .
Rooney was a great player in his prime, but this is just bullshit, intangible crap that is always spewed about Rooney to try and build him up. He didn't sacrifice anything. He played where his manager told him to play just like every other footballer. Yes sometimes that was striker, or #8, or winger, or midfielder, etc... but that was as much down to the fact that after 15 years of playing top flight football you would be hard pressed to definitely state what position was Rooney's best. The term jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind, but in fairness to Rooney in his prime he was more than just a "jack". But he didn't sacrifice shit, when we had better players in a position Rooney would slot into another one, but how often did you see Rooney knock someone else out of their position?
"Make America Great Again!"

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:05 am

Does anybody have any information regarding shirt sales and how it works? Because as far as I know, the manufacturer (adidas) pay 75m a season for the deal. How much per shirt at the megastore goes to the club if anything? I've never seen anything that said a club will make money in shirt sales on top of the yearly payments for the deal.

Does anyone know how it all works?
Make football fabulous again!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:23 am

Does anybody have any information regarding shirt sales and how it works? Because as far as I know, the manufacturer (adidas) pay 75m a season for the deal. How much per shirt at the megastore goes to the club if anything? I've never seen anything that said a club will make money in shirt sales on top of the yearly payments for the deal.

Does anyone know how it all works?
Extract from Man United Annual Report 2016
source: http://ir.manutd.com/financial-informat ... /2016.aspx
We have a 10-year agreement with adidas with respect to our global technical sponsorship and dual-branded licensing rights, which began on 1 August 2015. The minimum guarantee payable by adidas over the term of the agreement is equal to £750 million, subject to certain adjustments. Payments due in a particular year may increase if our first team wins the Premier League, FA Cup or Champions League, or decrease if our first team fails to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons starting with the 2015/16 season, with the maximum possible increase being £4 million per year and the maximum possible reduction being 30% of the applicable payment for that year. If the first team fails to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons, then the reduction is applied as from the year in which the second consecutive season of non-participation falls. In the event of a reduction in any year due to the failure to participate in the Champions League for two or more consecutive seasons, the payments revert back to the original terms upon the first team participating again in the Champions League. Any increase or decrease in a particular year would have the effect of increasing or decreasing the minimum guarantee amount of £750 million payable over the 10-year term of the agreement.
The minimum guarantee from adidas does not include the rights with respect to mono-branded licensing rights or the right to create and operate
Manchester United branded soccer schools, physical retail channels and e-commerce retail channels, which rights may generate additional revenue for the club. We may also benefit from additional royalty payments upon exceeding a threshold of sales.
Total retail, merchandising, apparel & product licensing revenue for the year ended 30 June 2016 was £97.3 million.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:26 pm

Rooney was a great player in his prime, but this is just bullshit, intangible crap that is always spewed about Rooney to try and build him up. He didn't sacrifice anything. He played where his manager told him to play just like every other footballer. Yes sometimes that was striker, or #8, or winger, or midfielder, etc... but that was as much down to the fact that after 15 years of playing top flight football you would be hard pressed to definitely state what position was Rooney's best. The term jack of all trades, master of none comes to mind, but in fairness to Rooney in his prime he was more than just a "jack". But he didn't sacrifice shit, when we had better players in a position Rooney would slot into another one, but how often did you see Rooney knock someone else out of their position?
It's the "bullshit, intangible crap" that helped to make good players into great players and Rooney was a great player. You state that he only played where his manager told him to play while failing to recognize that he had the talent to play multiple positions, he excelled at those positions and he did it without throwing a hissy fit like some other members of those teams would (and did). You think of Rooney as a "Jack of all Trades" because his managers had him playing multiple position during his career. Do you then put Ronaldo, Messi and even Giggs and Scholes into the same category? Very few player, especially attacking players, will end their careers in the same position they started because age catches up to them. Rooney has played at the top level of world football since 2002, his list of team and personal accomplishment would stand up against anyones and he deserves respect as a United Legend.

Personally I am pleased he has moved on, I could not see him fitting into the team that Mourinho is putting together, I hope he scores a shitpot full of goals against Chelsea, Liverpool, City et al. but not against United.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm

If Rooney perform exceptionally well in Everton, it just proved he doesnt give a shit for the last few years in United.
Ok Marcus

What an outstanding statement that is

"If he plays well for Everton it proved he didn't give a shit for United"
That is the daftest comment i have heard and i have heard a few

Might it be he is played in a different position at Everton
After all he was prepared to sacrifice his centre forward role at United and play midfield just to get a game
You might say he had become slow and cumbersome but you might have said that about Zlatan
Maybe he will be given better service at Everton
Maybe he will be encouraged more at Everton
Maybe he won't improve

But to take our all time leading scorer who has given us so many memories and put in a no knowledge daft statement like you did is just pathetic

If you think the above statement is name calling then ban me with pleasure
Do not threaten me again
That is not the job of a mod as i am sure you will be told

The job of a mod is to moderate and encourage SENSIBLE views

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:25 pm

You weren't being threatened, you were being warned, which is very much part of the job.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:30 am

You weren't being threatened, you were being warned, which is very much part of the job.
Sounded like a threat to me.

Now that Wayne Rooney is no longer at the club perhaps it's time to close this thread.
That's not a demand just a suggestion. :P
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:58 am

Ok Marcus

What an outstanding statement that is

"If he plays well for Everton it proved he didn't give a shit for United"
That is the daftest comment i have heard and i have heard a few

Might it be he is played in a different position at Everton
After all he was prepared to sacrifice his centre forward role at United and play midfield just to get a game
You might say he had become slow and cumbersome but you might have said that about Zlatan
Maybe he will be given better service at Everton
Maybe he will be encouraged more at Everton
Maybe he won't improve

But to take our all time leading scorer who has given us so many memories and put in a no knowledge daft statement like you did is just pathetic

If you think the above statement is name calling then ban me with pleasure
Do not threaten me again
That is not the job of a mod as i am sure you will be told

The job of a mod is to moderate and encourage SENSIBLE views

These are the posts I love Ray - good stuff
Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:55 pm

Thank goodness this forum was not about when Bobby Charlton moved from the left wing to centre forward and then did a job of sorts spraying long passes from midfield for the last year or so of his career
All of us who were around at Munich and through the magical 60's did not give him abuse because he got older
He needed to be replaced but they got tight and left it too late
The result was division 2
Even the Lawman dropped back to midfield.The greatest ever,the King of the Stretford End
But he did not get abuse.Even when his goal against us confirmed division
I don't remember Giggs getting abuse from midfield nor the ginger prince,Scholes when he retired and came back to help out
His reward??
Told by Scouse Ed that they could not afford to pay him a wage to help him develop the youth team but he could use the gym for free

I hope nobody blames Wazza for that

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:35 pm

Now that Wayne Rooney is no longer at the club perhaps it's time to close this thread.
Considering I had to spend 4 years watching him loss possession, play Hollywood balls to nowhere, yell at his teammates when he couldn't control a pass, yell at refs because in his minds that's a captains only roll, leak club dirt to the press all well collecting a small fortune I think I should be able to revel in his departure longer than a week.

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:36 pm

Considering I had to spend 4 years watching him loss possession, play Hollywood balls to nowhere, yell at his teammates when he couldn't control a pass, yell at refs because in his minds that's a captains only roll, leak club dirt to the press all well collecting a small fortune I think I should be able to revel in his departure longer than a week.

I remember it slightly different

I remember 10 great years with 5 championships,1 European cup,1 World club championship and 8 shit trophies like the league cup and community shields that have suddenly,somehow become so important

Who can forget that overhead winner against the Berties
It was nearly as good as the one Zlatan the great scuffed in his debut friendly for us

As a captain he tried to make the players work harder by being vocal
It was a pity that Di Maria and Schweinstieger and Zlatan the great never did that
He played wherever and whenever the manager,whoever that was wanted him to play

He collected a SMALL fortune for being a Chinese god and never baulked at the club making a LARGE fortune
He even kept quiet when the club sold him to City against his wishes before SAF stopped that shit

I remember him limping on to the Old Trafford pitch on one leg to try to turn round a European Cup semi final.He could not walk but he tried to lead us
Pity that Schweinsteiger couldn't do the same

Good luck Wayne
You have served this club well despite your human frailties both on the pitch and in the megastore
I hope Lukaku achives half of what you have

I think we should keep this thread open to reflect on the days we were challenging for important trophies

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:13 am

I remember it slightly different

I remember 10 great years with 5 championships,1 European cup,1 World club championship and 8 shit trophies like the league cup and community shields that have suddenly,somehow become so important

Who can forget that overhead winner against the Berties
It was nearly as good as the one Zlatan the great scuffed in his debut friendly for us

As a captain he tried to make the players work harder by being vocal
It was a pity that Di Maria and Schweinstieger and Zlatan the great never did that
He played wherever and whenever the manager,whoever that was wanted him to play

He collected a SMALL fortune for being a Chinese god and never baulked at the club making a LARGE fortune
He even kept quiet when the club sold him to City against his wishes before SAF stopped that shit

I remember him limping on to the Old Trafford pitch on one leg to try to turn round a European Cup semi final.He could not walk but he tried to lead us
Pity that Schweinsteiger couldn't do the same

Good luck Wayne
You have served this club well despite your human frailties both on the pitch and in the megastore
I hope Lukaku achives half of what you have

I think we should keep this thread open to reflect on the days we were challenging for important trophies

Great post again Ray..keep em coming. Rooney is a legend and will be remembered as the all time greats. What a blessing to have watched him represent this great club. I'm sorry that he didnt sign Relly's underpants after the game and now poor Rooney is paying the price...oh wait..he isnt..he is still getting paid for great goals like this..

First (New) Everton goal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCYhZa4 ... e=youtu.be
Bring Back Becks Image

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:46 am

Im going to say this publicly.

Ray, I've said this many times, stop the name calling. Consider this your final warning. Disrespect, discredit me all you want but if you going to start name calling again. You're gone.
I rarely log on now, as I don't bother when I see Red Maria or whatever he calls himself as the last poster.

He has far more bile and invective about the club. management and players of the club he professes to support than the most bitter Liverpool supporter.

Who wants to have to deal with repetitive, bilious, hate filled rants all the time?

It is too depressing to have to put up with all the time.

All the joy and celebration of football and our club is demeaned.

Mr_Aubergine
Junior Player
Junior Player
Call Me: Eric

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:38 am

Keep posting Ray, it's what makes this site readable and interesting but suggest you're not too cutting with the "well respected members". 😊

I agree very much with your comments about Law and Charlton, I remember their effect on the team in their final years........everybody eventually gets old.

Wayne Rooney? I think he was a tremendous player for this club, winning us many trophys with his never say die attitude. Good luck to him and I secretly hope he still has some parting gifts in his locker.
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.......sometimes you get pissed off!

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:51 am

Keep posting Ray, it's what makes this site readable and interesting but suggest you're not too cutting with the "well respected members".

I agree very much with your comments about Law and Charlton, I remember their effect on the team in their final years........everybody eventually gets old.

Wayne Rooney? I think he was a tremendous player for this club, winning us many trophys with his never say die attitude. Good luck to him and I secretly hope he still has some parting gifts in his locker.
There's no problem about different opinions. I argued with Ben all the time.

The problem is respect. Ray need to learn to respect others. He think he is above everyone else.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:14 pm

Keep posting Ray, it's what makes this site readable and interesting but suggest you're not too cutting with the "well respected members".

The problem is respect. Ray need to learn to respect others. He think he is above everyone else.
Perhaps you and Relly could set an example by showing Wayne Rooney just a little bit of respect for his many achievements at this club.

Mr_Aubergine
Junior Player
Junior Player
Call Me: Eric

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:25 pm

Nice one Otis!

I've just put a fiver on Everton to win the premiership.......74/1 hahaha.

They have a potentially great defense, a cracking young goalie and with a striker who will have it all to play for!
Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.......sometimes you get pissed off!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:51 pm

Perhaps you and Relly could set an example by showing Wayne Rooney just a little bit of respect for his many achievements at this club.
Not gonna happen, the fat scouse birth canal

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”