Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
Giants14
International Player
International Player

Re: Lukaku 75 million fee agreed

Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:41 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:30 pm
IMO this transfer kills the Morata from Real Madrid deal, £70+M for potential was always a stretch for me. I do think we need 4 forwards but whoever that is needs to be willing to accept the role as a bench warmer and part time player.

As a single striker I think Lukaku will suit the type of football that Mourinho want to play (4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 - with Pogba given a somewhat free role in midfield). Mourinho always want to control the transition and I believe that Lukaku is perfectly suited to that style of play. With Matrial and Rashford we will have options to change our method of attack and shake up defenses when needed, I can even foresee instances where we play a front line of Martial, Lukaku and Rashford. I do not see us playing with a two striker setup, we do not have the wingers needed to support that formation, it's a pity but you have to play to the strengths of the players you have. As far as the fee for Lukaku goes; when we signed Fellaini I thought that United in particular and football in general had totally lost the plot. However many factors; the new television deals, China as a viable market place for players and the growth of the "Mega Agent" has gotten to point where £75M for a proven premier league, 25 goal a season player is the going rate.

The next critical decision facing United is; who can we get to play as a central defensive midfielder (CDM)? The CDM has become a pivotal position for success in the premier league, look no further than what Leicester and Chelsea did with and without Kanté. The good CDM's protect the back line by breaking up attacks and not allowing them to come under pressure. Great CDM does all that and then get the offense going by moving the ball to one of the creative players. They can also pickup the odd goal or two by following up the attacking into the area exited by defenders. With a good CDM this team has potential, if we can find a great one then the title is a real possibility.

The squad still lacks quality depth and a run of injuries could be a disaster - like so many resent seasons - so that will need to be addressed. Hopefully some of the young player can step up and get Mourinho's attention and trust and they can provide minutes during some of the cup runs.
Great Post

Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 am

Colin Francis wrote:
Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:03 pm
I desperately hope that this deal does not materialize
Why Colin?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 am

Bring Back Becks Image

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:13 pm

Interesting reports going around that Scouse Ed has not lodged an official United bid
The rumour is that all of this has come about because Jose has had enough and moved forward without Ed who is still in New Zealand
He has brokered the Lukaku one way for Wazza the other all by himself as he is fed up with dithering Ed

Conti at Chelsea is rumoured to have told Abramovitch to step in and pay what is needed

If this goes wrong Ed will look a prick but that won't worry the shareholders or the Chinese will it

Maybe Dante should change this thread to the Lukaku speculation thread

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:15 pm

i'm sure Jose is fed up with Ed like we all are but there's no chance he's making offers and signing players on his own

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:13 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:15 pm
i'm sure Jose is fed up with Ed like we all are but there's no chance he's making offers and signing players on his own

Who said Jose made an offer

It is being reported as though Jose has chatted to both Everton and the waiter who is his agent via Pogba

Ed is on important transfer business at the rugby in New Zealand
If the following Sky Sports speculation is correct they are not close yet
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ku-demands

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 pm

redmaria wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am
Those that think just signing Lukaku and letting Wazza go fixes everything is out of touch
So... no one then?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:11 am

TBH I wouldn't be upset if we didn't get Lukaku, he isn't my first choice, but for the love of god we are becoming a fornicate joke.
"Make America Great Again!"

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:38 am

it would hardly be a surprise if Ed fornicate this up again

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:23 am

Dante wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:13 pm
redmaria wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:21 am
Those that think just signing Lukaku and letting Wazza go fixes everything is out of touch
So... no one then?
:laugh: Exactly

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:40 am

dbecks07 wrote:
Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:57 am

(Y) (Y)

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:44 am

It's official now. Agreement reached subject to medical. 75 mils plus add-ons up to 15 mils.
UNITED > ENGLAND

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 08, 2017 8:45 am

Finally an update from the official website.
United agree fee with Everton for Lukaku

Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.

A further announcement will be made in due course.

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:05 am

Has anyone of you guys thought about the possibility of all happened and happening being directed by Scouse Ed ending with the unveiling of Lukaku in the States? Could turn out to be a marketing master stroke I'm afraid.
UNITED > ENGLAND

redmaria
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:06 am

United are reported to be bunging the pizza waiter more than Chelsea are

What a way to run a former great club

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:35 am

SUBXERO wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:05 am
Has anyone of you guys thought about the possibility of all happened and happening being directed by Scouse Ed ending with the unveiling of Lukaku in the States? Could turn out to be a marketing master stroke I'm afraid.
ESPN thought so. If he could debut during the friendly in US, that will be great.

The 24-year-old trained with United midfielder Paul Pogba at UCLA in California on Thursday and could now be part of the first preseason session in Los Angeles on Monday. The rest of the squad, and manager Jose Mourinho, are due to fly to the United States on Sunday.

Lukaku could make his United debut against LA Galaxy at StubHub Center on July 15.
http://www.espnfcasia.com/story/3154042 ... elu-lukaku

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sat Jul 08, 2017 10:50 am

Lukaku has apparantly been arrested in California for partying too loud :yawn: :yawn:

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:40 am

Read lots of reports that his agent wanted him to sign for United (bigger bung obviously) but Lukaku himself wanted to sign for Chelsea! THis is not good, not good at all!!!
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:17 pm

RedSte wrote:
Read lots of reports that his agent wanted him to sign for United (bigger bung obviously) but Lukaku himself wanted to sign for Chelsea! THis is not good, not good at all!!!

Didn't reported both clubs bid the same amount? Calm down

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 pm

marcus leong wrote:
RedSte wrote:

United were willing to pay more to Raiola.This Raiola guy is a shady character and God knows what is going on behind the scenes

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Jul 08, 2017 3:15 pm

joze ruis wrote:
Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:11 pm
marcus leong wrote:
RedSte wrote:

United were willing to pay more to Raiola.This Raiola guy is a shady character and God knows what is going on behind the scenes
Sadly football in the new millennium.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:41 am

Lukaku is a class player, premier league proven, still relatively young, can hold up play, strong and can score goals.

I think on one hand, he isn't my first choice but on the other he doesn't clash with Martial and Rashfords abilities so they may gel well, we will have to see, he is quick (if I recall only a few strikers Rashford, Long etc were ahead of him in that respect) so hopefully we can bring that back into our play.

We still need a winger, a defensive midfielder and a full back but this is a strong signing.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:18 am

RedSte wrote:
Lukaku is a grown man. You think hes been held here at gun point against his will. He clearly ran out of patience with Chelsea and questioned whether they really wanted him knowing the whole time we did
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:36 am

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:28 pm

Seemingly, Chelsea's pursuit was founded on the belief that he wanted to go back to them, and that would see the deal through. Seems like that might not have been the case at all.
“It’s the biggest club in the world. It’s a club that’s hungry to win the league again, to be dominant in the world again. This is the sort of opportunity that I always wanted since I was a child and when they came calling I didn’t have to think twice.”

“I’m really delighted to hopefully be part of their history. Who would say no to the biggest club in the world? The best stadium in England, the best fans, it’s the perfect opportunity.

“I always said that I wanted to play for a team that was challenging for every trophy that there is, and I think Manchester United at the minute wants to be that dominant team, that dominant force.

“And if you look at their history it says enough and to become part of a club like them is something that I really wanted, and I’m thankful for the opportunity that they gave me.”

“Now it’s time to work hard, work harder than I ever did before and I’m willing to do it and hopefully it will come (off) a good way.”
Sounds like he's got his head screwed on right, brilliant attitude from him.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”