Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: The US tour squad

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:21 am

We definitely need to be hitting the ground running this year, so all this sounds encouraging.

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:32 am

Great that Lukaku and Rashford together up front works.

I was tucked up in bed with my nightcap on, but am very much looking forward to watching the match during the course of the day.

Sounds like some of our old faithful's like Smalling and Jones played OK too.

Anyone play like a dog?
they do make a pretty good pair up front.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:44 am

I was tucked up in bed with my nightcap on, but am very much looking forward to watching the match during the course of the day.

Anyone play like a dog?
Jones and Smalling?
You surprise me! :laugh:

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:15 pm

Check how confused the players are with this entrance..haha

https://twitter.com/BeanymanSports/stat ... rious-fail
Bring Back Becks Image

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Check how confused the players are with this entrance..haha

https://twitter.com/BeanymanSports/stat ... rious-fail
WWF :laugh:
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:03 pm

Was there a fire in the tunnel?

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:11 pm

Typical Trump America - gassing the foreigners :laugh:
Bring Back Becks Image

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:17 pm

I'm surprised Lukaku was not shot dead by US cops as being suspected as being in possession of a black face.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:08 pm

Very competative and entertaining game with a couple of great goals.Lukaku,what a beast of a footballer.

What a fabulous stadium the NRG is.It put our dated,one-tier south stand stadium to shame.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....United Legend.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:41 pm

I've only got around to watching a very entertaining and competent first half so far, as John Williams's music is on the proms, but one bit I noted is that Walker had the pace to keep up with Rashford on the right and the nous to prevent him turning inside and shooting on his right foot.

He only got any joy after switching away from Walker to the left.

Perhaps he needs to work on his left footed shots or usually be stationed on the right?

All the managers will have noted the difficulties he had and if they have a speed merchant on their right wing the counter is obvious.

Miki drifts to the centre of the pitch a lot, and I am not too confident in playing him together with Pogba when we need width.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:40 pm

I do wish we could stuff and mount Paddy as a valuable United mascot.

It would shut his commentary up about how it was never a foul, as it wouldn't have been circa 1964.

He is perpetually surprised that the rules and customs may have changed a bit since then, and always needs informing by his colleague to his invariable surprise that kicking the opponent thrice in the crotch and is not OK so long as you still get the ball.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:06 pm

Jones letting attackers come off his shoulder again.

No change there.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:08 am

I'm surprised Lukaku was not shot dead by US cops as being suspected as being in possession of a black face.
Dave, I like you, but this is a pretty tasteless comment. And factually speaking, the police would be more likely to shoot someone like Carrick.
"Make America Great Again!"

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:23 am

Anyone play like a dog?
Jones and Smalling?
You surprise me! :laugh:
I mean Rom and Rashford. sorry :laugh:

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 am

Dave, I like you, but this is a pretty tasteless comment. And factually speaking, the police would be more likely to shoot someone like Carrick.
Err...out of topic but why? What do you mean by factual?

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:43 am

Apologies if it came across the wrong way.

The dig was intended against the frequent shootings by US cops, not of course Lukaku or his race.
Perhaps I should have said 'suspected of being Australian' to avoid ruffling understandably sensitive feathers.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:19 pm

Statistically police in the US shoot more white people than black people. Considering the percentage of black people that come into contact with the police vs white (sorry, not nice to say, but statistically true) is much higher it means that in less interactions more are killed, therefore the percentage is even higher. Also black police officers shoot more black people than white police officers do. This notion that there is systematic racism ingrained in all police across the US is complete and utter bullshit, it's just hyped by the media to promote the political lefts racist, identity politics and divide and conquer tactics.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Statistically police in the US shoot more white people than black people. Considering the percentage of black people that come into contact with the police vs white (sorry, not nice to say, but statistically true) is much higher it means that in less interactions more are killed, therefore the percentage is even higher. Also black police officers shoot more black people than white police officers do. This notion that there is systematic racism ingrained in all police across the US is complete and utter bullshit, it's just hyped by the media to promote the political lefts racist, identity politics and divide and conquer tactics.
Mind to share which statistic?

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:41 pm

[quote="marcus leong" post_id=662232 time=1500744911 user_id=113

[/quote]

I'd much rather get some comment on my no doubt very inexpert remarks on Marcus's best position than encourage more on the hare I have inadvertently started, which has nothing at all to do with the subject of this forum, but is purely the result of a rather gauche and ill-advised aside by myself.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:42 pm

[quote="marcus leong" post_id=662232 time=1500744911 user_id=113

I'd much rather get some comment on my no doubt very inexpert remarks on Marcus's best position than encourage more on the hare I have inadvertently started, which has nothing at all to do with the subject of this forum, but is purely the result of a rather gauche and ill-advised aside by myself.
[/quote]

Agreed, this isn't what the topic was about. And I apologize Dave for my part in derailing it.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:44 pm

Fine, let's bring it to the politic thread then.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Yo!

Marcus!

The poor boy still does not know where he should be playing, as we have not issued our collective instructions, and only has the inexpert instruction of Jose to guide him!

Great minds here ought to bring their collective intelligence to bear to guide him.....

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:28 am

Yo!

Marcus!

The poor boy still does not know where he should be playing, as we have not issued our collective instructions, and only has the inexpert instruction of Jose to guide him!

Great minds here ought to bring their collective intelligence to bear to guide him.....
which boy haha?

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:59 am

' Speaking at the pre-match press conference in San Jose on Saturday afternoon, the boss gave a further update on his plans: "The players are getting their form step by step," he told reporters.

"Tomorrow is a test, that is probably the right word, but I prefer to say an experience for us as a team and for players that didn't play much in the last match. I am going to play Tim Fosu-Mensah, Axel, Darmian, Mitchell, I am going to play other players and give rest to some players. Pre-season is not for accumulation. Some of them played 90 minutes or 75 minutes against City, so now is a time for others."'

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... -2017.aspx

Excellent! Can't wait to have a really good look at our young guns, and see what we have coming through.

Is Angel Gomes in the tour squad? A quick google did not turn anything up.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:17 am

Yo!

Marcus!

I think he could do very well in a 4-3-3 like we played in 2008, but replaying Rooney Tevez and Ronaldo with Lukakku, Martial and Rashford.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”