Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Re: The US tour squad

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 am

LOL we win 2-1 in what has to have been one of the worst ever penalty shootouts

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:17 am

Boring match actually. Typical friendly
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Del

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:18 am

Quite impressed by McTominay, other than his penalty attempt .
Great first touch and excellent composure .
Pogba and Lukaku on the other hand looked like maybe they missed curfew last night :)
Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:19 am

Martial balloons it
DDG saves!
McTominay saved
DDG saves!
Miki nicely rolled to the left 1-0
DDG gets a hand to it, but it goes in 1-1
Lindelof straight at the goalie
RM player misses the goal
Blind down the middle and in 2-1
DDG saves!

United win!

Seriously crap shoot out.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:40 am

Can we just take a moment to appreciate how bad is this missed?

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:48 am

LOL we win 2-1 in what has to have been one of the worst ever penalty shootouts
De Gea was brilliant though, even got a hand on the one they scored.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:50 am

First half was fantastic. We ran Madrid off the park with a second string side
Second half was slow. Again lindelof shows he isn't up to speed yet
100% Top Red

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:19 am

2nd half was rather embarrassing, as they played their reserves, and they could be said to have run us off the park.

I honestly thought Lindelof had that ball covered, next thing I know, he's beaten to it, and he's hacked the guy to the floor.
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 am

Seems like the heat just caused a lull in the players for the penalties..pretty bad
Bring Back Becks Image

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:36 am

i'm a bit suprised Jose isnt trying with Bailly - Lindelof combo during pre-season

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:43 am

We may see it in the games to come. Think He was seeing if they fit with the other 2 first as Bailey/Lindelof was his first choice

I'm just speculating here and hoping to see it - Not great letting him settled being paired up with Jones or Smalling - Bailley provides better support
Bring Back Becks Image

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:28 pm

Sounds like there were a lot of positives to take from that.

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:27 pm

The tour as a whole has been much better than last season. We've been based at the same place for the last 15 days. We just have a stop off at Washington then we are home. Much better than the shambles of the on off derby in China. We've played some good stuff too and seem to have a decent amount of energy in the squad. I really hope we hit the ground running in the league but I genuinely think this has been the best pre season for some time and I'm not really counting results as anything to go by
100% Top Red

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:51 am

The tour as a whole has been much better than last season. We've been based at the same place for the last 15 days. We just have a stop off at Washington then we are home. Much better than the shambles of the on off derby in China. We've played some good stuff too and seem to have a decent amount of energy in the squad. I really hope we hit the ground running in the league but I genuinely think this has been the best pre season for some time and I'm not really counting results as anything to go by

I hear you and you right, its not results (which are a bonus). Its the energy you see in the players, the sharpness and quickness in the passing. Everyone looks comfortable and seemingly ready to fight for their place - no nerves as such, just an ease and purpose about them. Apart from working hard, they also seem to be having plenty of fun together and in the places they visit, which is good for team spirit and unity
"In training, everyone wants to be the best, everyone wants to win, so to be part of a team like that is great. Players like Marcus [Rashford], Jesse [Lingard], Micki [Henrikh Mkhitaryan], Juan [Mata], Ander [Herrera] – players like that are hungry to win trophies and it’s time for us. We need to work hard; the manager has a masterplan and we are here to follow it. Hopefully it’s going to take us to the top.

"That’s what I came here for [trophies]. Manchester United, for me, equals trophies. The biggest club in the world equals trophies. Growing up, I’ve seen United win the league every year, almost! You want to be a part of that history; it’s drilled into your head when you do training sessions with the players, you don’t want to be on the losing side.

"You don’t want to be on the losing side in the training sessions, in the friendlies or the official games, you want to win constantly and improve year after year. That is something that I wanted to feel. I wanted to feel that pressure, I wanted to feel that hunger – to be here now, I’m really grateful. I’m grateful to be part of the biggest club in the world, but there is a lot of work to be done, and I know that I need to work much harder than I have until now.

"I want to do it because, at the end of the day, I want the club to reach bigger heights, I want the players to win a lot of trophies and I want to create history with the club. Manchester United is the biggest club in the world, so we need to work hard to make sure the club gets there.
Thats from Lukaku's latest interview. Really nice to hear that they hate loosing, even in training! The kind of mentality SAF instilled in his sides

Trophies and hunger are also constant themes which I love to hear - no "we hope to do well" kind of stuff but The firm belief in wanting to win everything. Last year Mou said he wants to win everything, and with the squad and amount of games played, we managed to win 3 trophies - so really excited for this season
Bring Back Becks Image

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:47 pm

Sounds like Mourinho agrees, apparently he's already trying to convince Woodward to go back next season.
"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:12 am

Sounds like Mourinho agrees, apparently he's already trying to convince Woodward to go back next season.
He should first try convince him to sign people for this season first
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:01 am

I sense Mou is quite agitated at the situation given his latest response to transfers. Keeps repeating that he would like someone now for pre-season and keeps saying he is "calm"

The other thing that leads me to think he is more frustrated is him mentioning the actual positions we want to get players in..almost urging ED on
Bring Back Becks Image

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:03 pm

I pay no heed to pre-season friendly games -win or lose (other than serioues injuries etc) it means nothing
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:09 pm

I pay no heed to pre-season friendly games -win or lose (other than serioues injuries etc) it means nothing
Results don't, absolutely. Performance and fitness do 100%. Especially when playing against good opposition. How can you not be buoyed by beating City so easily and by watching the young players really take it to Reals finest?
100% Top Red

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Because I didn't see either match ;)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

robertbrian23
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Rob

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:21 am

typical United against Barcelona. Barca's big three is there and ball possession for Barca. Frustrating to watch atm.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:46 am

They are a force those 3

Pogba was brilliant - you can see his class when pitted against quality opposition, he still stands out. He did alot of work and you can see that a CDM will free him and he will be even more effective

You can also see the need for a winger who hugs the line and puts in crosses - there were moments where that would of created opportunities rather than slowing down and trying to cut in
Bring Back Becks Image

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:17 am

Bring Back Becks Image

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:38 am

You can also see the need for a winger who hugs the line and puts in crosses - there were moments where that would of created opportunities rather than slowing down and trying to cut in
I did not watch the match as it was too late for me, I hope to catch it later on MUTV, but what you say accords with other reports of poor crossing and my own observations of a lack of width.

We need to sort out something in the wide position even more urgently perhaps than a defensive mid.

I wonder if Becks is busy? :whistle:

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:59 am

I did not watch the match as it was too late for me, I hope to catch it later on MUTV, but what you say accords with other reports of poor crossing and my own observations of a lack of width.

We need to sort out something in the wide position even more urgently perhaps than a defensive mid.

I wonder if Becks is busy? :whistle:

Hehe, I wish

But in saying that, its exactly what we need. Not just a winger who can cross, but a LB who can also attack, overlap and put balls in the box (Like a Neville Becks combo or Giggs Evra combo)
Bring Back Becks Image

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”