Next Match: Image
Swansea City in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th August 2017, KO 12:30 BST.
marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Re: Sampadoria

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:55 am

I think Tim's crosses are often better than Valencia's too, and Toni has made some pretty horrendous defensive gaffes in pre-season, including a missed tackle which led to the goal tonight.

Not much chance of Jose putting much trust in youth though, one imagines, and the best one can hope for is some extremely debilitating illnesses to strike some of the deadwood we have.
You consider Valencia and Blind to be deadwood ?
Blind's pre-season performance put him into the deadwood category.

Surely two season of stable performance is better than one bad pre season.

Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:55 am

Just taking pre-season into account I would start Tuanzebe
I think Tim's crosses are often better than Valencia's too, and Toni has made some pretty horrendous defensive gaffes in pre-season, including a missed tackle which led to the goal tonight.

Not much chance of Jose putting much trust in youth though, one imagines, and the best one can hope for is some extremely debilitating illnesses to strike some of the deadwood we have.
Certainly not Valencia, although he is prone to defensive errors.

It was Blind that I was talking about on this occasion, and some others I am not very thrilled about, such as Darmian although he was OK the other night.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:57 am

I think you lot may be overselling the attributes of both kids a bit too much. They did well considering, but honestly, I saw nothing special.
Perhaps not.

But they did better than the stalwarts of the team they replaced, and at 19 they should be able to develop considerably.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:00 am

I think we did need Blind, and he did a great job for us with his flexibility covering a lot of gaping holes in the team.

But we now have a far better team, and players who are much better in the positions he plays, so I don''t think we need him and he uses a space which could be used to develop better players in those positions than he will ever be.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:12 am

Blind is normally slow, but seems even more off pace during the pre-season. You can usually rely on his brain, but that even seems to have deserted him thus far.

With Tuanzabe and Tim..I see an opportunity to give them time as we cant do worst than Blind at the moment
Bring Back Becks Image

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:49 am

Valencia is in the 'super solid' category for me. Rarely outstanding, but also rarely poor. Generally just good at the job assigned. For now, that's fine, as we have to figure out the laft back issue, and who the CD partnership will be.

Also DaveMart, glad you're back, I've been really enjoying your posts.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Fri Aug 04, 2017 3:35 pm

Since arriving at United Blind has been a solid player, his best attributes are his positioning, his reading of the game and a reliable passer. Because of his past performances at United Blind does deserve some leeway in his performances. However this season, more than any other since Sir Alex left, expectation are extremely high and getting off to a good start essential. Regardless of past performances we must put out our best players and maybe Blind of showing a Loy more in training that we are seeing in games but from what I have seen in pre-season my starting LB wold be Tuanzebe, Darmian and then Blind.

WhenShaw is healthy the position should be re-evaluated.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:23 am

Since arriving at United Blind has been a solid player, his best attributes are his positioning, his reading of the game and a reliable passer. Because of his past performances at United Blind does deserve some leeway in his performances. However this season, more than any other since Sir Alex left, expectation are extremely high and getting off to a good start essential. Regardless of past performances we must put out our best players and maybe Blind of showing a Loy more in training that we are seeing in games but from what I have seen in pre-season my starting LB wold be Tuanzebe, Darmian and then Blind.

Fair enough. I'll be surprise if Tuanzebe get the nod though. Jose would probably play Darmian first.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Aug 05, 2017 4:13 am

Fair enough. I'll be surprise if Tuanzebe get the nod though. Jose would probably play Darmian first.
The starting lineup against Real Madrid may cast some light on the matter.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:39 am

Also DaveMart, glad you're back, I've been really enjoying your posts.

Many thanks.

It is great to have a relatively small, intimate forum where we can share our enjoyment of football and love of United, so many thanks to those who make this possible.

Of course criticism of players, managers and directors is ofter warranted, and should be made.

I don't feel that it is much fun to allow a grey drizzle of continual harping complaint to totally obscure why we watch the game in the first place though, and at one stage when my health was not great could not face logging in and bearing the constant and endlessly repeated negativity.

So my enjoyment may be the result of not facing reality and lack of knowledge of football, but that is fine by me!

I think we are going to have a great season, Jose's innate conservatism and defensive mindedness allowing, and look forward to sharing the fun of it with you guys!
:dance:

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:43 am

Blind deserved and got leeway.

He has had that though, and should not be allowed to occupy a place and hinder the development and game time of others.
The player who performs best should take the shirt, not the player who did well some time ago.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”