Next Match: Image
Leicester City in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th August 2017, KO 17:30 BST.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Vs Real Madrid super cup

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:56 am

Unlike the two posts above me, I didn't see too many positives. We are an OK team that may do well in some domestic cups, but we are light years away from top quality world class teams such as Bayern, RM, Barsa etc.
I don't see us winning any major competition with this team next season.
Not sure what the solution is. We keep buying a lot of players but style and results don't change much.. Seems like most of our targets are overrated grossly overpriced pseudo stars that no other top team is interested in.
We're obviously not at a level to win the Champions League. But I think we can challenge domestically, which is an improvement on every year since Fergie left. We had missing players for various reasons, so when they come back in things will get better.

Right now we don't need to compare ourselves to Bayern, Real and Barca. City, Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal are who we need to compete with right now.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:01 am

A real eye-opener for me.We still lack the quality to challenge the top teams when they are at full strength and up for the game.

Lingard is not at the required level and Lindelof looked more snowman than the iceman.We need a central defence of Bailly and van Dyke and desperately need a top quality no.10 of the likes of Griezeman or a player like Bale.But we are unlikely to get either of these players this season so I'm not sure where we are going.
Some players like Pogba need a good old fashioned hair-dryer treatment to wake them up.

I'm still hopefull that we will challenge in the Premier league but the CL looks out of our league at the moment.
We need to improve our composure in front of goal and Lukaku's miss was a shocker.I can think of a few on here who would have slaughtered Rooney long and hard for that.

But let's keep the faith yeah.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.
Wayne Rooney....United Legend.

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:03 am

A real eye-opener for me.We still lack the quality to challenge the top teams when they are at full strength and up for the game.

Lingard is not at the required level and Lindelof looked more snowman than the iceman.We need a central defence of Bailly and van Dyke and desperately need a top quality no.10 of the likes of Griezeman or a player like Bale.But we are unlikely to get either of these players this season so I'm not sure where we are going.
Some players like Pogba need a good old fashioned hair-dryer treatment to wake them up.

I'm still hopefull that we will challenge in the Premier league but the CL looks out of our league at the moment.
We need to improve our composure in front of goal and Lukaku's miss was a shocker.I can think of a few on here who would have slaughtered Rooney long and hard for that.

You write off Lindelof after one game?
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:08 am

I'm not writing him off yet but he played like this throughout the pre-season tour.
Is that all you've got to say on the game or our prospects for the season.
If you walk with Jesus,He's gonna save your soul.You gotta keep the Devil way down in the hole.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:58 am

I see Lindelof has some qualities (Speed, strength, and some defensive know how) but he has struggled during pre-season. Even last night, he wasnt totally up to pace, but did have good moments.Maybe with a more stabe partner like Bailley, he will have the platform to get his confidence and establish himself

Cant really expect him to do that next to Smalling
Bring Back Becks Image

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 am

like others have said i also see improvement from alst year and i believe we're on the right track. despite this imo Jose is making mistakes with team selection and that is holding us back . FFS i want to throw up when i see Lingard in the team, he's Stoke level.

Linedolf had a very shaky start of his United career. he's all over the place

Lukaku is a beast but sadly also brain dead...you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see he is dumb as fornicate

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:21 am

I see Lindelof has some qualities (Speed, strength, and some defensive know how) but he has struggled during pre-season. Even last night, he wasnt totally up to pace, but did have good moments.Maybe with a more stabe partner like Bailley, he will have the platform to get his confidence and establish himself

Cant really expect him to do that next to Smalling
From the highlights I thought Smalling played well, especially since he was of course aware that Lindelof has not been, so had to continually be aware that he might need to try to cover for him.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:39 pm

FFS i want to throw up when i see Lingard in the team, he's Stoke level.

I feel the same, exactly the same
Bring Back Becks Image

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:43 pm

My main disappointment is we aren't seeing Fosu mensah or Pereria get game time despite looking more than capable every time they've played.
100% Top Red

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:36 pm

Ronaldo, in his final game for Real before returning home purposefully misses a free kick to send a message.
That he still sucks as them and one of the biggest myths in football is Ronaldo is a good free kick taker?
"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:41 pm

I think we played some very good attacking football prior to Real scoring, which seemed to knock the wind out of us. But this was a game against the best team in the world right now. They showed their class and we gave them a game. Disappointed to not win, but not upset we lost, if that makes sense.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:42 pm

This is a guy that still rates Rooney. Clearly his judgement is off.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:24 pm

I only got to see the 2nd half of yesterdays game but from everything I have read we were pretty much out played for most of the first half while still only allowing a dodgy goal. Although I do not like the helta-skelta style of defense I do expect to see it in some games this upcoming season. While not yet the completed or finished article this team is the best squad we have had since well before Sir Alex left, but being honest this premier league is a much stronger league that Sir Alex's last season. I think that when we come up against stronger teams Mourinho will play a defense first lineup with enough speed and guile to hit the opposition of the break for cheap goals.

When Fellaini came on in the second half my first thought was "oh shit we are going to play two defensive midfielders" so I was pleased to see Fellaini going up front and causing all types of havoc for RM defenders. This is exactly the role I see Fellaini playing for us this season whenever we are chasing a goal and it's not a bad option to have. Hopefully; against lessor teams in the league we will play a much more attacking style of play -because let's face it there are few (none) teams of Real Madrid quality in the premier league.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Otis
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:42 pm

This is a guy that still rates Rooney. Clearly his judgement is off.
I did not write off Lindelof I gave my opinion on his performance in this game and pre-season.

I do not 'still rate Rooney' ,I said on a number of occasions that he was way passed his best.I considered that he deserved respect for his contribution and achievements in his time here.

I was defending him against the non-stop hateful abuse hurled at him every day by a malicious fukwit like you.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:51 pm

Come on guys, we're better than this.

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 am

Relly isnt I'm afraid, Rooney is gone and he still cant stop obsessing

Otis by no means, wrote Lindelof off - he just gave his assessment of his performances which were correct
Bring Back Becks Image

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:49 am

like others have said i also see improvement from alst year and i believe we're on the right track. despite this imo Jose is making mistakes with team selection and that is holding us back . FFS i want to throw up when i see Lingard in the team, he's Stoke level.

Lukaku is a beast but sadly also brain dead...you dont have to be a rocket scientist to see he is dumb as fornicate
No brain dead person scores his amount of goals in this league consistently. At this age too - just saying.
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:57 am

No brain dead person scores his amount of goals in this league consistently. At this age too - just saying.
Fluent in at least 5 languages too...Just saying
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 10:20 am

The comment is just about getting on the media bandwagon who were slating him about going for the ball when he was offside (Like no other player has ever done that)

Fans who actually watch and know the game and player dont just follow media comments
Bring Back Becks Image

Short Back and Sides
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Aug 10, 2017 11:44 am

Watching the replay it was a bit silly but fornicate me it's an isolated incident. To call a player based on not being fully aware of being offside is fornicate stupid.
100% Top Red

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:03 pm

The comment is just about getting on the media bandwagon who were slating him about going for the ball when he was offside (Like no other player has ever done that)

Fans who actually watch and know the game and player dont just follow media comments
thank God we have you and you superior knowledge of the game
'
i called him ''brain dead'' before he joined us. i dont dislike him at all, he can be a very good player for us but he isnt exatcly Einstein. Tell me when was the last time you saw any player with such a stupid decision? he was miles offside and a person with only one brain cell would just run towards the goal for a easy tap in. he cost us an easy goal. like his mind was somewhere on the moon

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:26 pm

thank God we have you and you superior knowledge of the game
'
i called him ''brain dead'' before he joined us. i dont dislike him at all, he can be a very good player for us but he isnt exatcly Einstein. Tell me when was the last time you saw any player with such a stupid decision? he was miles offside and a person with only one brain cell would just run towards the goal for a easy tap in. he cost us an easy goal. like his mind was somewhere on the moon

No one is exactly Einstein, thats part of the point

Plenty of players make decisions (that we can describe as silly or stupid) during a football match, based on many things (emotions, fatigue, etc)

Zidane now looked at as one of the smarter managers around (and revered as one of the best footballers around), headbutted a player in a World Cup final and possibly cost his team the cup - Would you call him brain dead?
Bring Back Becks Image

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:45 pm

that was an emotional reaction. Lukaku had all the time in the world with no emotions and he still made that comical decision

dbecks07
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:24 pm

that was an emotional reaction. Lukaku had all the time in the world with no emotions and he still made that comical decision

Same thing.

Lukaku was in his first "important" United game, we were down and chasing the game. His emotions/excitement/willingness to do well/His wanting to get United back in the game (whatever you want to call it) also caused the reaction

Its exactly what I'm saying..Players make decisions that we see as silly or stupid for various reasons. Emotions being one of them, but there are others. Point is, they aren't brain dead, they are human
Bring Back Becks Image

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:32 pm

And back to my initial point, no brain dead individual will score at such a consistent rate in the premier league
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”