Next Match: Image
CSKA Moscow in the Champions League.
Wednesday 27th September 2017, KO 19:45 BST.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre Match Discussion: Premier League vs. West Ham (H)

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Jesse on, I am not sure who for

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:48 pm

Pogba 4-0 and we go top of the Prem!

joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:52 pm

we were very strong and very well organised.we outclassed them :clap:

both new signings were superb :clap:

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:55 pm

Once Rojo and Shaw are fit, what a team this could be.
We looked so good today and I said before Matic was going to be the signing of the season and so far he is looking more and more the missing piece of the jigsaw. Thank you chelsea!

Edgardos
Reserve
Reserve
Call Me: Ed

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Nice performance, great result, important start of the season. Matic is making the difference there, Jones+Bailley solid, Lukaku as expected, Rash brilliant, motm for me. No negatives, lets enjoy top of the table!
"I've never played for a draw in my life." Sir Alex Ferguson

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sun Aug 13, 2017 5:58 pm

Opening weekend and we where playing West Ham but that was fun to watch and I think fun for the players. They really looked like they were having fun, enjoying themselves and played with purpose.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

esobeso
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: David

Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:16 pm

A really strong performance and a well deserved result. Excellent debuts from Matic and Lukaku.

Rashford, Mkhitaryan, Pogba, Mata and Martial were also great in attack. Who would of thought that we could leave Herrera on the bench and not miss him?

We really look like we have a plan, and it should only get better.

I hope we get that 4th signing, surely it will be an upgrade on Lingard.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:02 pm

Although Blind had a decent game that's a position that needs to be upgraded. Otherwise the only wrong move we made was bringing on Fellaini, our fluidity just evaporated when he came on and his defense was no better that what Mata doing.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:05 pm

Thierry highlighted Rashford, giving him as his MOTM, with his runs destroying WH.

After Zabaletta picked up his yellow, he did not dare to get close, and the rest of the defence did not support him well enough.

Of course, Martial was not a bad sub to bring on!

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:13 pm

You just knew Martial would score. I do rate him a lot, he maybe doesn't work as hard as Rashford all the time, but he's a much more natural wide player IMO, and the man, as I've said before, is ice-cold in front of goal. He's just plain deadly.

I which there was a way to play them both along with Herrera, Mikhi, Pogba, and Matic in the same team!
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 pm

3 thoughts:

1) That was more like watching the old United - pace and power and sod the ball retention

2) West Ham were really poor so I'm not getting overly excited - much much sterner tests will come

3) what an inspired buy Matic may prove to be (Y)
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Although Blind had a decent game that's a position that needs to be upgraded. Otherwise the only wrong move we made was bringing on Fellaini, our fluidity just evaporated when he came on and his defense was no better that what Mata doing.
His defence was no worse than Mata because he had no defending to do. I didn't see out fluidity evaporate tbh. The thought process would have been to get someone on with a bit more in the tank who can be a nuisance in a different way and can do a bigger job defensively. He just never needed to get his body too far back. Correct sub for me. Just wasn't needed. If we conceded from a corner on 80 mins with Mata losing out to a header, many would say why wasn't fellaini on.
We won 4-0 and to a man we played well. Yet some still want to slag Fellaini. The mind boggles
100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:33 pm

Absolutely buzzing. Lukaku scored that goal and celebrated right in front of me. Really looked like he meant business. It seemed like a statement of intent when he celebrated. It was a big 'here I am'. Loved it.
Rashford was immense. Matic brings something we've not had for ages in midfield. Martial bagged a goal and an assist in what 10 mins or so? Miki was magic. Really pleased thought the whole team just oozed something we've not seen for a long time. There's a great feeling about the club again let's go to Swansea now and carry this forward
100% Top Red

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:34 am
We will win comfortably
8-)
100% Top Red

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach
Call Me: Ste

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm

maybe I should bring back the score prediction game :P
My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 pm

Absolutely buzzing. Lukaku scored that goal and celebrated right in front of me. Really looked like he meant business. It seemed like a statement of intent when he celebrated. It was a big 'here I am'. Loved it.
Rashford was immense. Matic brings something we've not had for ages in midfield. Martial bagged a goal and an assist in what 10 mins or so? Miki was magic. Really pleased thought the whole team just oozed something we've not seen for a long time. There's a great feeling about the club again let's go to Swansea now and carry this forward
Dead jealous, me! :clap:
What a day you've had!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:27 am

Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
His defence was no worse than Mata because he had no defending to do. I didn't see out fluidity evaporate tbh. The thought process would have been to get someone on with a bit more in the tank who can be a nuisance in a different way and can do a bigger job defensively. He just never needed to get his body too far back. Correct sub for me. Just wasn't needed. If we conceded from a corner on 80 mins with Mata losing out to a header, many would say why wasn't fellaini on.
We won 4-0 and to a man we played well. Yet some still want to slag Fellaini. The mind boggles
I don’t consider myself a Fellaini basher, he’s not my favorite player but when he’s asked to perform a role he gives his all and in certain circumstances he can actually be beneficial to the team. I just don’t see the point in changing what is working for you until it stops working, but it wasn’t Felaini that made the change; that’s the managers call. What I observed was on numerous occasions was other team members delaying on bypassing him altogether which slows or totally disrupts our offense. On one passage of play; Lukaku steals the ball deep inside West Ham’s half, he gets the ball to MickyT who wanted to get the ball inside quickly however Fellaini was there and instead he passed back to Valencia who also looked to move the ball inside and forward but Fellaini (or back to MickyT) was the forward options he had so he looked laterally and got the ball to Matic who passed back to MickyT but by that time half of West Ham’s defense was surrounding him. This was not a unique occurrence and can be seen over and over whenever Fellaini is on the pitch.

By all means use Fellaini as an option when chasing a goal his physicality drive defenders up a tree but when we are in complete control of a game he should not be brought on just because he is a fresh set of legs.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:41 am

I agree with your assessment of how the side looked today, this was a team letting the league know that coming to Old Trafford will be in for a long afternoon. Best performance since before Sir Alex left.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs. West Ham (H)

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:52 am

Matic was absolutely phenomenal
"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am

DaveMart wrote:
Thierry highlighted Rashford, giving him as his MOTM, with his runs destroying WH.

After Zabaletta picked up his yellow, he did not dare to get close, and the rest of the defence did not support him well enough.

Rashford was brilliant but I think he need to improve his finishing. It is up to him to make himself undroppable, at this moment he is not.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:23 am

Sandies wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:52 am
Matic was absolutely phenomenal
Going to be the most critical signing this season. Love it.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:48 am

I know I was fustrated with our bus parking style at the end of last season. But honestly we have players that want to attack.

It was a great result but good football as well. Style and substance, I hope jose continues with this attacking style.

Last time we won 4-0 on opening day and we won the league. Not counting david moyes.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 am

marcus leong wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:20 am
DaveMart wrote:

Rashford was brilliant but I think he need to improve his finishing. It is up to him to make himself undroppable, at this moment he is not.
Maybe we need another winger, but maybe we don't.

Martial when he is on it can do things we have not seen since Giggs, and Valencia again when he is on his game can destroy opponents with his pace and physicality, and Rashford can do either side, but IMO is better on the right than the left as a really good and fast RB can stop him cutting inside to shoot or pass with his right, as Walker did a week or so ago.

Our big weakness is at LB, which theoretically at least might be solved by the return of Shaw, and Axel IMO is a far better option than Blind, with power, pace and a great sense of responsibility.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:59 am

RedSte wrote:
Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:29 pm
3 thoughts:

1) That was more like watching the old United - pace and power and sod the ball retention

2) West Ham were really poor so I'm not getting overly excited - much much sterner tests will come

3) what an inspired buy Matic may prove to be (Y)
Summed the game up perfectly.

It was nice to enjoy a performance - the players were ready and we have got off to the perfect start.

Matic - what a performance- absolutely bossed the entire game

Roll on next week
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Ben

Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:16 am

I just arrived in Vienna, I've been travelling for a few days so I missed the game. Sounds like a great start with our signings starting off with a bang. Can't ask for more than that. I am very excited about this season.
"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”