Next Match: Image
Burton Albion in the Carabao Cup
Wednesday 20th September 2017, KO 20:00 BST.
joze ruis
International Player
International Player

Re: Zlatan no.10

Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:46 am

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:51 am
SUBXERO wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:27 am
I never ever doubted his qualities on and off the pitch, don't get me wrong. And I know we were in need of another classy striker (to begin with). My only concern is that his ego and will to be first choice week in week out could seriously disrupt the harmony in the squad which seems to be flourishing at the moment. His impact as a supersub, joker, impact player, mentor, dressing room guru or whatever you call it could really be second to none. In the end, it's Jose's job to give him the role everyone would get the best of, and to make clear to him it's his way or the highway.
Well from what I've read he isn't going to be first choice unless form forces him to be. He won't be on as high a wage as he was either. If you actually read some of the quotes it seems he just loves the whole ethos of the club and wants to contribute in any way possible.
based on his career so far there's nothing to suggest he would be happy with a super sub role. i hope i'm wrong as he would be a perfect option from the bench

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am

Jose has now told us how he sees Zlatan fitting in:

'“But we are going to be a better squad [when Zlatan is fit],” Mourinho continued. “For example, if we play at the weekend, and, two days later, we play against Burton, and I want to give a rest to my two strikers. Who do I play against Burton? I have to play Rashford or Lukaku. I don't have another one to play, so I cannot give rest to my players, I cannot do rotation with them like I'm going to do with the midfield players or with the central defenders or with the wingers, so we need a striker.

“We need a striker and we have one striker just around the corner that belongs to our family, that likes to be with us and play for us, we know well and he is one of the best strikers in the world. So, the only consequence of it is that we are going to have a much better squad.”

Mourinho was then asked if he was planning to use Ibrahimovic in a similar way to which he utilised Didier Drogba in the striker's second spell at Chelsea between 2014 and 2015 - as a squad player. However, the boss was keen to emphasise that United’s new no.10 would hold an influential role in his team, not just as a bit-part player.

"I see Zlatan [being] important to the team,” said Mourinho. “I just said that my squad is better [with Zlatan in it], for sure. He's one more option, he's one more striker, he's one more experienced player, he's one more player that can play nine or 10, that can play double strikers.

“If we progress in the Champions League, or if we progress in one of the cups, we are going to be in a position where we couldn't do it only with Lukaku and Rashford, especially if I play both together,” he added. “Because if I play one and the other one is on the bench, okay, but I'm playing with both, so if I play with both, I need a striker.

"So probably in January I [would have been] knocking on Ed Woodward's door asking for a striker, but I don't need to knock on the door, because I already have one of the best in the world."'
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... ation.aspx

Sounds reasonable to me.

Perhaps Martial will be disappointed that Jose does not seem to fancy playing him down the middle.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:43 pm

He'll get in contention if he keeps scoring.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Call Me: Barry

Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:35 pm

By all accounts he took a substantial pay cut to be at United I think Zlatan is back with United because we are his best chance of winning a title in another league and that would give him titles in four leagues. I don't know too many others that have achieved that.
I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 am

He's already won 4 different league titles, with Ajax, both Milan teams in Italy, Barcelona and PSG.

I believe if we won the league this season he would be the only player to win 5 different top flight leagues.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:20 am

DaveMart wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:39 am
Jose has now told us how he sees Zlatan fitting in:

'“But we are going to be a better squad [when Zlatan is fit],” Mourinho continued. “For example, if we play at the weekend, and, two days later, we play against Burton, and I want to give a rest to my two strikers. Who do I play against Burton? I have to play Rashford or Lukaku. I don't have another one to play, so I cannot give rest to my players, I cannot do rotation with them like I'm going to do with the midfield players or with the central defenders or with the wingers, so we need a striker.

“We need a striker and we have one striker just around the corner that belongs to our family, that likes to be with us and play for us, we know well and he is one of the best strikers in the world. So, the only consequence of it is that we are going to have a much better squad.”

Mourinho was then asked if he was planning to use Ibrahimovic in a similar way to which he utilised Didier Drogba in the striker's second spell at Chelsea between 2014 and 2015 - as a squad player. However, the boss was keen to emphasise that United’s new no.10 would hold an influential role in his team, not just as a bit-part player.

"I see Zlatan [being] important to the team,” said Mourinho. “I just said that my squad is better [with Zlatan in it], for sure. He's one more option, he's one more striker, he's one more experienced player, he's one more player that can play nine or 10, that can play double strikers.

“If we progress in the Champions League, or if we progress in one of the cups, we are going to be in a position where we couldn't do it only with Lukaku and Rashford, especially if I play both together,” he added. “Because if I play one and the other one is on the bench, okay, but I'm playing with both, so if I play with both, I need a striker.

"So probably in January I [would have been] knocking on Ed Woodward's door asking for a striker, but I don't need to knock on the door, because I already have one of the best in the world."'
http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Featu ... ation.aspx

Sounds reasonable to me.

Perhaps Martial will be disappointed that Jose does not seem to fancy playing him down the middle.
Martial is way better on the left cutting i though, that's what I think anyway. Every time he's impressed in front of goal, people have called for him to be played through the centre. You know he'll be lethal of he gets the chance, but he's a lot more comfortable from the left
There is only one GOLDEN BOY

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:04 pm

Dante wrote:
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:44 am
He's already won 4 different league titles, with Ajax, both Milan teams in Italy, Barcelona and PSG.

I believe if we won the league this season he would be the only player to win 5 different top flight leagues.
Not a bad CV is it.

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:01 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm
Used in the right way I think he can be a big asset for the team. If we are chasing a game and want tree in the penalty area we could do a lot worse than Zlatan. What I cannot do is give him the automatic starting role, his skill sets just doesn't mesh with the skills and style of the team as it is shaping up and we would need to change the way too many other players are playing to accommodate Zlatan as a regular starter.
I agree.

I don't see the problem with this. I imagine he thinks we have a sniff at the league this year and can definitely play a role. In the past maybe he wouldn't be happy with a role that sees him on the bench but I'm sure he's not an idiot and understands the situation. It's fine to keep Lukaku on his toes too.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:16 am

Mushy peas wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:01 am
ArizonaRed wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:11 pm
Used in the right way I think he can be a big asset for the team. If we are chasing a game and want tree in the penalty area we could do a lot worse than Zlatan. What I cannot do is give him the automatic starting role, his skill sets just doesn't mesh with the skills and style of the team as it is shaping up and we would need to change the way too many other players are playing to accommodate Zlatan as a regular starter.
I agree.

I don't see the problem with this. I imagine he thinks we have a sniff at the league this year and can definitely play a role. In the past maybe he wouldn't be happy with a role that sees him on the bench but I'm sure he's not an idiot and understands the situation. It's fine to keep Lukaku on his toes too.
Did peas just make a football post :o

I agree tbh
100% Top Red

Mushy peas
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Christy

Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:44 pm

I had to have a wash afterwards.
FCUM- A right bunch of dicks.

Mushy Peas>Little Pea

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:42 am

Glad to see him back.

The meltdown will be epic on social media when we are behind and have Lukuku , Zlatan and Fellaini up front :)
Follow me on Twitter: @BFG14

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player
Call Me: Max

Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:47 am

Giants14 wrote:Glad to see him back.

The meltdown will be epic on social media when we are behind and have Lukuku , Zlatan and Fellaini up front :)
All I can imagine is the meltdown in our opponent's penalty area but that's enough I think.
UNITED > ENGLAND

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:43 pm

Giants14 wrote:
Glad to see him back.

Lukaku, Zlatan and Fellaini all in a penalty area together - someone could get seriously hurt.

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 am

If only we had someone to cross in a decent ball lol

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:07 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Giants14 wrote:
Glad to see him back.

Lukaku, Zlatan and Fellaini all in a penalty area together - someone could get seriously hurt.
Matic, Bailley, Pogba. The team got considerable tall and big recently.
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Call Me: Daddy

Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:54 am

De Gea 6'4
Phil Jones 6'1
Chris Smalling 6'4
Eric Bailley 6'2
Luke Shaw 6'1
Nemanja Matic 6'4
Paul Pogba 6'2
Marouane Fellaini 6'4
Marcus Rashford 6'1
Romelu Lukaku 6'3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6'5

for a football team that is insanely tall
100% Top Red

Giants14
International Player
International Player

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:12 am

Flip...you would never have though De Gea was the same height as Fellaini

marcus leong
Referee
Referee

Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:11 am

De Gea 6'4
Phil Jones 6'1
Chris Smalling 6'4
Eric Bailley 6'2
Luke Shaw 6'1
Nemanja Matic 6'4
Paul Pogba 6'2
Marouane Fellaini 6'4
Marcus Rashford 6'1
Romelu Lukaku 6'3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6'5

Jose is building a team of giants!
Rick: "Weddings are basically funerals with cake."

JonSnow
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:15 pm

De Gea 6'4
Phil Jones 6'1
Chris Smalling 6'4
Eric Bailley 6'2
Luke Shaw 6'1
Nemanja Matic 6'4
Paul Pogba 6'2
Marouane Fellaini 6'4
Marcus Rashford 6'1
Romelu Lukaku 6'3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6'5

Height and speed!!!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:44 pm

De Gea 6'4
Phil Jones 6'1
Chris Smalling 6'4
Eric Bailley 6'2
Luke Shaw 6'1
Nemanja Matic 6'4
Paul Pogba 6'2
Marouane Fellaini 6'4
Marcus Rashford 6'1
Romelu Lukaku 6'3
Zlatan Ibrahimovic 6'5

This team has got Big and Fast in a hurry.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”